Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

hibachi

I went to a hibachi place a few nights later with Phillip, Azalea, and friend of hers named Hope. I'd been tricked into going on a double date, and I should have been kind of mad, but I wasn't. Hope was nice enough. Her hair was brown and she looked like she used tooth-whitening toothpaste religiously and was from Texas. I didn't want to do anything with her because I really liked Azalea - it was starting to border on ridiculous - and I didn't want to lead her on and make her think something could happen when it couldn't.

I've never been a very violent person. I've never had a reason to be - I was an only child and my parents were pretty mild mannered and I never really found myself in a situation where I felt like I had to be violent. But seeing Phillip flirt with pretty much every waitress within a six foot radius of our table while Azalea was sitting right there did make me kind of want to punch him in the nose and twist his arm off.

In the middle of dinner, Phillip left because he got an 'important' phone call and just had to leave. I wondered if he was going to go meet up with someone (he had a serious fidelity problem), but I didn't want to say anything because there was always the odd chance that he wasn't and that he was just going to take care of something private. So the three of us called it a night after that - Hope had to go to bed early because she had work early the next morning and Azalea just wanted to go home, period.

Hope gave me her number and left in her fancy car - trust fund baby - and then it was just Azalea and me. I turned to go find my car before I realized that Phillip left and took his car, meaning Azalea didn't have a ride home, wherever that was. Phillip didn't move girls into his apartment, ever, because he liked his 'man-cave' and didn't want to change it to suit the taste of 'some stupid girl'.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked. She turned and looked at me, almost confused. "Home, I mean?"

"I can take the train."

"It's late."

"I'm a big girl. I can handle myself."

It felt like her words held more meaning than just being able to defend herself against a creepy hobo pervert on the subway.
♠ ♠ ♠