Status: Alive and kicking.

Without Warning

Oh you're bloody red baby.

The next few days, Everly tried her best to keep her time with John a secret. Not because she was embarrassed, but because it was best to keep it off everyone's mind. She didn't want to hear about it anymore.

"Are you coming out with us tonight?" John asked, leaning against the brick wall as he smoked. He had lost track of time and wasn't even sure what city he was in, but he knew he would be singing in a few hours.

"I guess so." Everly responded, looking up at the boy as she sat on the ground drawing in her sketch pad. The place was too pretty to pass up and drawing freed her mind.

"You guess?"

"Well, where else will I be?"

John chuckled, "Who know, somewhere with Garrett."

"Ah true, and he happens to be going tonight so I'll be there." She joked, looking up at him with a grin.

John rolled his eyes, his crooked smile hitting his lips, "Oh well lucky me huh?"

"Some would say."

John laughed throwing out his cigarette before sitting beside her, crossing his long legs underneath him.

She gave him a weird look and he grinned once more, his green eyes seemed to be brighter than she recalled.

"What is it, O'Callaghan?"

"Nothing. This is actually really good." He stated, touching her drawing.

"Actually?!"

John laughed, "I didn't mean it like that!"

She shoved him lightly with her shoulder, "Yeah, yeah. Jerk."

He quickly grabbed her chin, making her look at him.

"You're distracting me, you know?"

"You distract me a lot, so we're even." He whispered, before kissing her gently.

"That's not my fault."

"Oh it's not?" He asked chuckling and she shook her head no.

"Well, I'm going to go help the guys out. Are you going to watch the show?"

"Yep."

He nodded, kissing her once more before climbing from the ground.

"Don't stay out here too much longer, it's already getting dark. I don't want you to get kidnapped." He stated dusting off his jeans.

"Ok, dad."

John rolled his eyes, "Fine. If you get kidnapped I'm not coming to look for you."

Everly laughed, "Oh no?"

"Nope." He smirked before walking back into the building. Everly chuckled once more before packing up her things and heading inside. Although she wouldn't dare tell John she did.

She watched the show happily, she always enjoyed it even if she saw them play every night. It was always amazing and she always found herself more and more proud of them after each show.

Everly managed to keep to herself for a while afterwards, until the fans died down and the boys were done with their meet and greet.

"I was wondering where you were hiding!" Garrett spoke once she reached the group in front of the bus.

"Just around."

"Arund, mhm. Well, are you going out with us tonight?" He asked, placing his arm around her shoulders.

"Yep."

"Going to actually drink?"

"Maybe."

Garrett rolled his eyes, "Oh come on!"

"I said maybe! When are we going?!"

"Now. Duh."

Everly chuckled, "Of course."

The group began walking down the road. Jared had already googled the nearest bar and apparently in Texas it wasn't that hard to find one.

"Talked to Ken?" Garrett asked as they lagged behind the others.

"Not much."

Garrett sighed, "It's getting ridiculous."

"It's those sibling fights you talked about." She joked patting his cheek and he rolled his eyes as they stepped into the bar. They all found a table suited for the 6 of them and John slid into the seat beside her before anyone else could.

"Can I get you a drink pretty lady?" He asked with a grin and she laughed, "Is that how you pick up chicks?"

"Nah, it isn't even that hard." He teased and she rolled her eyes causing him to laugh, "I'll be back." He stated, kissing her cheek before heading to the bar.

"So, it's legit?" She heard glancing up to see Kennedy across from her with a serious face.

"What?"

"You two legit like each other?"

She shrugged not wanting to get into it and thankfully John made it back to the table sliding a drink in front of her.

"Ah thanks." She replied with a smile and he nodded placing his arm behind her, resting it on the chair.

Some how what started out as a chill night ended up chaotic and with more alcohol in her system then she had planned. The group was loud and talkative which meant half the people in the bar became friends with them. Then again, wasn't that hard to believe really.

Everly fell into Garrett's lap and he groaned, "Drunk girl ruining my game."

She looked around at the nonexistent girls and let out a laugh.

"Hey! They are around!"

"Yeah, talking to Ken." She stated pointing to a blonde who seemed to be too into her brother.

Garrett frowned and she ruffled his hair, "If you shaved..."

Garrett groaned, "I don't wanna..."

"Then no girls for you!"

"Fine! I'm going to do it just to prove to you..."

"That you still can't get girls?" She asked cutting him off and he glared at her, "You're an asshole."

"So are you."

"Yeah, well, you sure?" He asked looking off into the distance and she followed his eyes to where John stood with a random girl. Her eyes narrowed as she watched them.

Garrett giggled in his drunken state and she hit him lightly. She hated to admit she was a bit jealous. Then again that could be the alcohol.

"Someone's jealous." He sang and she glared at him, "Am not."

"Are so." He chuckled as he grabbed up his beer realizing it was empty.

He frowned immediately, "Go get me a drink."

"Uh, no."

"I'll buy." He stated with a smile as he held out a twenty dollar bill.

"Done."

"Easy to buy Miss Davis."

"Watch it." She mumbled and he laughed as she walked to the bar. As she waited on her drinks, her eyes diverted down the bar to where John was now laughing with unnamed girl. He ran his hand through his hair and she rolled her eyes. Clearly the O'Callaghan charm came out without much work. A simple smile was probably all it took to wheel her in.

Everly of course didn't want to be that girl. That jealous one that everyone hated so she kept to herself and thanked the bartender for the drinks. Once she reached Garrett she handed him his and sat beside him. Her eyes once again finding John. It was then that she realized how stupid she had been. John laughed and reached up, brushing the blonde's hair behind her ear causing the girl to grow starry eyed and it was like reality hit through the alcohol. He was manipulative at best and who's to say who he was with her wasn't who he tried to be with every girl? What if in reality she was the one being played?

She slid her drink onto the table and Garrett eyed her as she moved from her seat calmly. She couldn't have that happen.

"Everly?" He spoke and she walked over to Kennedy interrupting the girl who was talking to him.

"It's still on."

"Huh?"

"The plan. It's back on. Don't worry. When we leave here he will wish he never met me." She spoke before stomping back over to Garrett who still had his eyes on her. She picked up her glass and downed the vodka before placing the glass back on the table.

"What the fuck happened?" Garrett asked slowly.

"Nothing at all."

Garrett groaned, "Everly, what the fuck did you do?"

"Nothing yet. I'm going to the hotel."

"Alone? Get John."

"Yes alone. He's not my boyfriend. I can go places without him just like he can talk to whoever he wants."

Garrett sighed, "I fucking swear..." He grumbled moving from his seat.

"Where are you going?"

"Fucking with you! You can't go alone!"

"Garrett, it's right down the street."

"So? Shut up. I'm going and that's final."

She decided not to argue with him and he grabbed her hand telling Kennedy they were going to go before leaving the loud bar. She breathed in taking in the warm air as they walked slowly in silence.

"So..."

"Garrett, I don't want to talk about it. "

"It's about John?" He asked clearly not giving up.

She shrugged and he sighed, "I should have known this would happen."

"Nothing happened. I just gave in to his stupid charm, but I'm ok now and determined."

"Determined or revengeful?"

"Either way, I lost focus on the plan here and I won't let it happen again."

Garrett groaned, "This is not sounding good."

She shrugged as the reached their hotel and she followed Garrett to the rooms. She had placed her stuff in John's room earlier today and she now regretted it.

"Don't have your key?"

"Nope. Bunking with you, roomie." Everly joked, patting his shoulder. He shook his head and opened the room door.

"Lucky I like you."

"No other girl was going to come home wth you with that beard, Gar."

"I'm fucking shaving now!"

She laughed as she fell onto the bed and he kicked off his shoes.

"Wait until morning. I don't want you accidently cutting yourself and dying."

"Dramatic much?" He asked falling beside her on his back. The pair laid there in silence doing nothing but thinking until Everly finally spoke, "Life sucks."

Garrett scoffed, "Tell me about it."

"People especially suck."

"Agreed."

"You're the only person I like."

"Back at you." He stated and she began to laugh, "We can be each others wingmen."

"Like Batman and Robin?"

"They suck. More like, X-Men."

"Don't we need super powers for that?"

"Oh. We have them. And instead of a cape you can wear a beard."

Garrett groan and she couldn't help but laugh, "I had to. Sorry."

Before Garrett could respond a knock on the door made the boy move from the bed. He quickly pulled it open only to see John standing there.

"Is Everly here?" He questioned and Everly groaned as she rolled into the pillow.

"Yeah. She's asleep."

"Why did you two leave?"

"She was tired and wanted to go. Didn't want to let her walk by herself."

"Oh...she could have told me..."

"When? When you were flirting with some other girl?"

"It wasn't like that."

"Right, well, it never is. I mean it doesn't matter to me and she clearly didn't care or she would have said something." Garrett stated and John immediately frowned, "Right, well, ok. Night." He grumbled and Garrett shut the door before returning to the girl.

"That was mean..." She stated and he shrugged digging through his bag and throwing her a shirt.

"You wanted it to be said don't lie. Now change so we can sleep."

She sighed and made her way to the bathroom to change and to wash her face. She really was having mix reviews about this whole night. The only reason being because she did not want to be played as a fool and she was so uncertain with John that it made her on edge. A part of her wanted to believe him, but the other part of her knew better.

It would always be a never ending battle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama, drama. Who to believe?! ;)

Anyways, I have a new John Oh story starting soon if anyone is interested!

On Your Side

Thanks for commenting;
Everdeen
Khairena
Frankieraepain
Ediemariee
Lovelyhope
Sammy_Wessen
:)