Status: Alive and kicking.

Without Warning

Once all the energy, reversed the chemistry.

Once John left the room, he ran straight into Garrett and as the unknowing boy bumped into him, John shoved him causing him to yell.

"What the fuck?!"

"Fuck you. All of you. You know? I hope all of you are fucking happy." He growled and Garrett grabbed his arm, "What are you talking about?!"

"Everly. You can tell Kennedy his plan was successful. I'm going to the bus. No one fucking bother me." John mumbled, the sadness in him now taking over and he truthfully just wanted to crawl in his bunk and drink himself into a coma or at least until the aching was gone. He hadn't hurt like this in so long he didn't know how to handle it.

"John..."

"No. Fuck all of you. I would never do this to any of you."

"You did it to Pat."

"No, Pat had a crush on the girl, Garrett. A fucking crush." He growled and Garrett stared blankly at the boy.

"Just forget it." John grumbled unable to keep going. He was exhausted at this point.

"He had a crush and you are in love." Garrett spoke calmly and John's eyes met his.

"You love her."

"No, I hate her."

"You're such a liar."

"Doesn't fucking matter, Garrett. This is her acting. Applause to that though. She may deserve an Academy Award by the way." John stated, trying to fight off the rage of emotions in his chest with sarcasm.

"She isn't acting. Dude, she broke that off with him because she has real feelings for you. Don't you get it?"

John shook his head not wanting to believe a word from him. He couldn't. He couldn't take anymore. His heart had too much to deal with at the moment.

"John..."

"Kennedy was right though. It never made sense anyways. Leave me alone. I just want to be alone." He mumbled, before continuing to the elevator.

Garrett sighed in defeat as he watched the boy leave before he went to Everly's room. He knocked lightly and when she didn't answer he began talking, "Ev, open up. It's just me."

It wasn't long until he heard her fiddle with the lock and the door opened. Garrett stared at the sad girl, her cheeks now stained and her eyes red from crying. He immediately wrapped her in his arms and she cried against his chest.

"I hate Kennedy so much." She sobbed and he tried to calm her down, "Shhh. It's ok. Everything will be ok." He whispered, rubbing her back.

"No it won't."

He kissed her head as she soaked his shirt and he glanced around the room realizing John's bag still sat on the bed.

"I know you don't want to, but we kind of need to head to the bus."

"I can't..."

"He'll be in his bunk. He told me so. I'll grab his and your things, so go ahead."

She nodded and he kissed her cheek before she grabbed the door. He grabbed up their bags and she let him out first before leaving.

"What's wrong?" Jared asked immediately as Pat and him waited at the elevator.

"Just hate Kennedy."

"Yeah, we heard..."

Pat gave the pair a clueless look and his eyes met hers, "Ev, I told you this was a bad idea."

"I get that now." She grumbled and he pulled her into his side, "It'll be fine. John, he-he really cares about you and I know you care about him whether you've admitted it to yourself or not."

She nodded holding onto him as they entered the elevator and before the doors could shut, a hand shot through and pushed it open which revealed Kennedy.

"Thanks for waiting." He grumbled to no one in particular and Garrett was the first to attack, "Why would we?"

Kennedy rolled his eyes not daring to glance at Everly.

"Where's John?" Kennedy questioned as the doors opened and Garrett shot him a look, "Kennedy, when you hurt everyone around you, at least pretend like you aren't stupid. Would make it a bit better, you asshole."

"What is your problem?!"

"My problem is you!" Garrett stated, raising his voice as they stepped from the elevator.

"You're clearly unhappy and you have to take it out on them?! Yeah, Everly shouldn't have done it, but she was doing it for you and then you attack her and now John doesn't want anything to do with her. Well, if you think that's going to make him better, you are an idiot. He loves her you know? But then again, you don't stop to think about how your actions effect everyone else! You're more like him then you know!"

Kennedy stared at Garrett who's arm was now in Everly's grasp.

"So yeah, fuck you and stay the fuck away from her." Garrett added, shoving the boy back.

Kennedy didn't hesitate to launch at Garrett and lucky for Everly, Jared was in reach of her brother.

"Do it." Garrett antigonized and Everly tugged on his arm, "Garrett. Don't."

"No, Kennedy's so big and bad, let him fucking do it! I'm right here!" Garrett shouted, dropping the bags he was carrying as he threw his hands up.

Jared held on tightly to Kennedy who looked beyond furious and Everly tried to calm Garrett down.

"You want to blame someone for things not being like they use to be? Blame your fucking self." Garrett spat out as he tore his arm from Everly and stomped from the hotel.

"No, Ev, I got them. Just go." Pat spoke softly, grabbing for the bags before she could. Everly nodded before sprinting after Garrett. By the time she caught up to him she was out of breath.

"Garrett..." She breathed and he ran his hand through his hair, "I'm sorry. I just...he pisses me off and I hate how he talks to you."

"He isn't always like this you know?"

"I know..." He grumbled and she wrapped her arm around his.

"Thank you." She whispered and he glanced down at her, "No need, Ev. We're friends. It's what we do."

She grinned weakly before kissing his cheek and stepping onto the bus. Her whole body tingled knowing John was near and she instantly crawled into her bunk. She couldn't help but wonder if her going home would be for the best.

She wasn't sure how many hours she spent there. Just laying there staring at the pictures tacked on the top of her bunk. So much was running through her head and she occasionally found herself crying all over again. She felt like her and Kennedy were splitting apart and the thought of John not wanting anything to do with her didn't make it any better.

"Ev, were going to stop for dinner in like 15 minutes, you coming?" Garrett asked, opening the curtain slowly.

"No."

"So you'll be here on the bus with just John..."

She shrugged knowing he was trying to talk her into it, but she was too tired to care.

"I'm just going to sleep." She whispered and a sigh left his lips as he brushed back her hair, "Everly, try to talk to him."

"He doesn't want to talk to me. Trust me."

"He's just as unhappy."

"Because of me."

Garrett sighed giving in to the losing battle, "Ok, but I'll bring you something back."

"Thanks."

He kissed her temple before dropping the curtain and she immediately closed her eyes.

How was she ever going to fix this mess?
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Everly. Poor John. Poor Kennedy...well maybe not him since everyone threatened to punch him last chapter...

Sorry this chapter is short, I didn't have a good stopping point! But next chapter won't disappoint. :)

Thanks for commenting;
WanderLustDreamer
everdeen
ShaniceJillian
cynical_love
thejagrafess
lovelyhope
Sammy_Wessen
wetheCATHLYN
:)