Status: Alive and kicking.

Without Warning

Now all you're seeing is blood red.

John stepped on the bus, not expecting to see Everly sitting at the table with her laptop. He breathed in as her eyes met him and immediately went back to the screen.

He could do this. He had to.

He slid into the seat across from her and she bit her lip before speaking.

"You have lipstick on your face." She grumbled, continuing to type, trying not to seem like it really did bother her.

John picked up a napkin on the table and wiped his face with it.

"Doesn't matter."

"Didn't say it did. Just telling you." She mumbled and he sighed placing his hands on the table as he watched her. He couldn't help but take her in. It had been too long since he had been in her presence. The loose braid she had in her hair and her nerdy, black rimmed glasses that kind of reminded him of Garrett's and yet he was certain they looked better on her. He loved her simplicity.

"Should I prepare for a attack of some sort?" She asked, glancing up at him. He shook his head before sliding off his leather jacket.

"Then, why are you here?"

"Well, seeing as how I'm living on the bus..."

"Right." She mumbled, moving from her seat in order to go to her bunk. She didn't want to deal with this right now.

"Evie, wait..." He spoke quickly, "Don't."

She looked at him before slowly sitting back down.

"I just want to talk to you..."

"About what? How much I hurt you? Because I'm well aware." She mumbled, crossing her arms, not wanting to be here with him.

"No. I just, Pat said you're leaving..."

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Really? Why? Probably because you don't want to be around me and I can't be around you." She spoke as several tears fell down her cheek. She looked away from him, using the back of her hand to wipe the tears away. She wasn't a weak person and she hated him seeing this sde of her.

Silence covered the pair and she sniffled as she adjusted her glasses. John hated that he felt bad, but all he wanted to do was hold her and tell her everything would be fine.

"Kennedy and I aren't getting along, me and you can't even be in the same room together and I can't..." She rambled off, shaking her head and he raised an eyebrow.

"Can't what?"

"I'll never be ok with knowing you came back from hooking up with some girl, John. I'll never be ok with that even if it happens every night. Are we done? I just want to go to bed." She managed to get out and he simply nodded before she took off to her bunk just in time for the tears to flow. She just wanted away so she could feel better. Being around him wouldn't do that.

John sighed, placing his face in his hands, a new feeling of sadness hitting him. He hated she was hurting. Although he shouldn't he couldn't help it and he knew right now not even ten feet away from him she was crying. Crying because of him.

He forced himself to the bathroom, scrubbing his face in order to rid it of any hint of lipstick before brushing his teeth and changing his clothes. His whole being wanted nothing more than to climb into bed with her and never let her go.

"Everly..." He spoke softly once he stood in the middle of the bunks.

"D-don't John. Just don't please." She sobbed out and he clinched his fist at his sides before throwing out every rational thought he had. He snatched open her curtain and she looked up from the pillow she was holding onto before he slid in beside her.

"John...no...you..."

"Shut up Everly. Just shut up. I love you." He breathed out as he wrapped her tightly in his arms. She cried into his chest before falling asleep and he finally found himself drifting into a dreamless state.

The next morning John woke up to an empty bed and he rubbed his eyes as he tried to make sense of what happened the night before. He sat up slowly before moving from the bunk in search of the girl he craved.

"Where's Evie?" John asked with a yawn as he poured himself a cup of the coffee he assumed Jared made.

"Uh, Ken walked her into the airport man..." Garrett stated with a confused look causing John to spill the hot liquid. He cursed before dropping the cup and grabbing up a napkin.

"Wait, what? We're at an airport? Why?" He asked fratically. The pain in his hand now the last thing on his mind.

"She's going home."

John's breathing went uneven and he grasped the counter in order to balance himself.

"But..." He mumbled as he tried to rack his brain for some sort of answer as to why.

"She left you this." Pat spoke softly, holding out a note and John swatted it away, "I don't want a fucking note!"

"John..."

"No, I've got to get to the airport." He yelled as he went to grab his pants and fumbled to put them on. His nerves now shot to hell.

"John relax." Garrett spoke, trying to calm the frantic boy down who was now trying to tie his shoes.

"No! You don't understand, ok?! I- I love her and I thought, I thought we were ok last night and then she fucking leaves like this?! How is that fucking fair?! I'm trying and yet she's leaving?! How dare her?!" He shouted, anger now taking over and Garrett grabbed his shoulders, pushing him back into his seat.

John glared up at the boy and Garrett immediately spoke, "You need to cool it."

"Pat, get him away from me now." He seethed and Pat whispered something to Garrett and the boy headed to the back of the bus.

"Maybe you should just read the note..."

"Maybe she should stop breaking my heart. Then again, I guess we can't all get what we want. I'm over it."

Pat rolled his eyes, "Right..."

"I'm just so ready for this tour to end."

"Why? So you can baracade yourself in your house for days?"

"Exactly." He grumbled, heading back to his bunk since going after her now was useless.

"John..."

"No. For once please give me some space and leave me alone."

Pat nodded before John climbed back into her bunk. The smell of her now haunting the small area. It was funny how only hours ago the aching in his chest was gone and now it was back in full force. He was so mad at her all over again. At this point he had no idea what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
John just can't catch a break. :( I'm glad that everyone loves Pat in my story! I feel like everyone writes him as silly for the most part and I just couldn't do that...

Anyways,

Thank you guys for all the birthday wishes! Pretty much made me love you even more than I already do! :3

Next chapter will be longer. Promise.

Also thanks for the comments, subscribing, recommending! Really appreciate it. :)