Status: Alive and kicking.

Without Warning

Once upon a time.

Everly settled in on a chair Kennedy had sat on the side of the stage for her as they began setting up to practice for a while. The guys hadn't done much within the past week so they wanted to make sure everything went smoothly.

Everly got lost in her phone, ignoring the loud boys several feet from her as she did so. She was use to them so it didn't take much to ignore them.

"Evie!" She heard and glanced up, all the boys staring at her and she responded with a weird look, "What?"

"I was calling your name." Kennedy spoke and she shrugged, "I've been able to ignore you for years Ken, so forgive me."

John snickered from beside the boy as he leaned his hand on the mic stand in front of him.

Kennedy rolled his eyes, "Whatever, what I was trying to say is we are going to play a new song so would you mind listening and telling us what you think?"

"You sure about that?"

"You're brutal. Why would we ask anyone but you?" Garrett asked before continuing, "You know, someone who can make grown men cry themselves to sleep at night."

The boys snickered and she shot him a look, "Wanna see if that grown man is you?"

Garrett chuckled, "Let's get this song going."

The band started on a song she hadn't heard before and her eyes and ears were both alert. She seemed to focus on John more so than the others, knowing that the lyrics were more than likely from him which would help her on this plan she had agreed to do.

"I'm half crazy, all just cracked up, when will what I have ever be good enough? I'm sad, funny, it seems lately, this ain't a fairytale
and I don't think I'll ever be happy."

For some reason after their conversation earlier, the lyrics seemed to tug at her heart. She seemed to believe his words more than she was sure a normal person would. The truth was, maybe he was so out of control because he was so unhappy. Had anyone took the time to think of it that way?

She immediately felt guilty for agreeing to Kennedy's idea even if it hadn't been a full day yet.

Once the song ended she seemed to be in a daze and was only brought back to reality by John coughing, "Um, is silence golden in this situation or..."

"Oh. What? No. That is amazing. Seriously. I can't wait to hear more!" She answered sincerely and a grin immediately hit Garrett's lips, "Well then. That confirms all of our hopes. This next record is going to be legit."

Everly laughed, "Oh come on, when have I ever thought anything you put out was bad?"

"Well, you weren't too fond of the Black & White album."

"Uh, you guys weren't too fond of it either."

"Touché." Jared spoke sitting his guitar down and Everly chuckled, "But none the less. It was good."

"Such a good sister she is, Ken!" John said shoving the boy playfully and Kennedy rolled his eyes, "She's alright I guess."

"I just realized none of you have sisters. What the hell is that?"

"Oh that's the thing Evie, god knew we couldn't handle more than one girl and you are enough personality to fill that sister role for us all!" John joked and she stood from her chair, "Watch it John Oh." She spoke, placing her hand on her hip.

"And enough sass to last us a lifetime." He added with a smirk. Truth be told, John loved the banter between the two of them. Then again, anyone who could dish it out as well as he could, he loved. He couln't help but be drawn to people he felt challenged by and more than anyone else, he felt that with her.

"No, pretty sure you have the sass down to a science."

"Do we need to place you two in seperate rooms?" Garrett asked as he sat his bass back on the stand.

John chuckled before reaching for his phone he had sat at his feet.

"Let's go get lunch." Kennedy spoke happily, probably glad to see John and the girl flirting in a sense.

Pat ended up by the girl as they walked down the street not sure where they were even headed.

"If you ever leave me again I'll cry. I got stuck with John. It was sad." She pouted and the boy frowned, "I didn't know you wanted to hang with me!"

"I always hang out with you!"

"I'm sorry, I'll never leave you again." He immediately said, throwing his arms around the small girl.

"Feelings already crushed, Pat." She joked and he groaned, "I'll make up for it. I promise."

The group stumbled upon a mexican restaurant and didn't hesitate on walking in. They were sat at a table near a window and lucky for the people working there wasn't a lot of people in the restaurant or they would have had their hands full. The boys were enough.

"Margarita!" Pat said immediately as if he just remembered there was such a drink.

"Hell yes." Everly mumbled as she looked over the menu.

"Sure about that Evie?" John asked with a smirk from across the table. Her eyes raised up to meet his and she spoke, "John! Why can't you let that go?! It was one time!"

John chuckled from his seat and Kennedy chimed in, "Oh man, are you talking about the margarita fiasco of '10?"

The girl groaned, "I hate you two."

Jared snickered, "I mean, I love how you thought you could drink a pitcher of it and be able to walk out straight."

Everly made a face, "I swear I haven't drank one until last year."

Garrett laughed, "Poor thing. Can't hold her alcohol."

Everly raised an eyebrow at the boy, "Is that a challenge?"

"Do you want it to be?"

"Whoa, whoa. Not today. Garrett can't be smashed at our first show." Kennedy interjected.

"Yeah, that's John's roll." Garrett responded without even a playful smile. Then again, Everly didn't expect anything else from him. The boy and Pat were closer than anyone in the group. The pair grew up together as best friends so it was only fair that he would be on Pat's side. She was surprised he had been as calm and nice as he had been.

John shot his eyes down to Garrett who was staring at the menu as if he hadn't just taken a jab at the lead singer.

"Hope no one likes Everly." Jared added at a mumble and Everly watched John from her seat. His jaw was clinched and he seemed to be uncomfortable in his seat. She couldn't tell if it was because he was hurt or angry. Probably a little of both, but either way he kept his lips shut and she knew that alone was hard for him.

She kicked his foot under the table and his eyes met hers. She gave him a weak grin which he surprisingly returned. Once the group was done eating and drinking a few more margaritas then they should, they began the walk back to the venue. Everly slowed down enough to allow John to catch up to her who was lagging behind on purpose.

"Hey you. You ok?" She asked and he shrugged, "Fine."

"Liar."

His green eyes briefly met hers before focusing back on his dirty boots. Everly slid her arm through his and he didn't bother to pull away as a sigh left his lips, "Just frustrated is all."

"It's ok."

John raked his fingers through his hair, "I'm just over this shit."

"Over what?"

"Everything." He grumbled, "Nothing makes me happy anymore. I don't fucking know why, Everly. I just don't know..."

She squeezed his arm gently as his words settled in her head and there journey to the venue came to an end. The two followed everyone inside and John came to a stop as everyone else headed to the stage.

"We'll figure it out. Together. Ok?" She responded softly as she looked up at the rather tall boy.

His eyebrows narrowed together as he stared down at her, unsure of her statement.

"Together?" He finally questioned and she nodded, "it's not fun being alone, O'Callaghan." She spoke before walking away from the boy.

It was becoming harder and harder to decide on if she needed to do the right thing, or if she needed to do what she told the group she would in fact do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep. An update. I'm really excited for this story so it's hard to wait! Thanks for subscribing! :)