Status: Active

In Forman's Basement

Then Stay

Point Place, Wisconsin. 1976. Forman’s Residence.

I miss this place. Natalie thought as she walked up to the front door. When she called her mom telling her that she’ll be there soon, Kitty told her to park a couple of blocks away, to surprise Eric, Kitty knew that he preferred Natalie more than Laurie.

It was Eric’s birthday today. She would have been there the day before but she had to go shopping, she finally thought of the perfect present for Eric. Something that a hormonal teenager that would want, something that would attract women.

She fixed up her hair and outfit; jacket, jeans and a Led Zeppelin t-shirt and knocked on the door. Her mother opened the door.

“Oh Natalie!” Kitty exclaimed as she hugged her daughter “You’ve grown up so much!”

It’s been a few months since they last saw each other, Christmas.

“Who’s at the d-” Red was about to yell then she saw his daughter at the door “Nat!” he immediately came over to her and gave her a hug.

“Hi daddy!” she said happily being the daddy’s girl that she is.

“Eric’s with his friends and Laurie at the basement,” Kitty said to her while opening the door to the basement “Remember he doesn’t know about the surprise party.”

Natalie shook her head at her mom; she knew that you could probably hear them from the basement if the door was open. But she knows that Eric is smart he probably knows already, and she knows that Kitty makes it obvious that she’s throwing a surprise party.

“Sweetie I told you to wear something nice,” Kitty said now noticing her outfit isn’t semi-formal.

“This is nice mom, it’s Led Zeppelin,” she said back.

All of the heads in the basement snapped up, wondering whose voice that could be. Laurie already knew and had a look of disgust on her face. But for Steven he had a look of interest on his face, he is a huge Led Zeppelin fan and he knows that voice belongs to a women, he doesn’t know a girl that is a fan of Led enough to buy one of his shirts. Steven is hoping that he could be friends with this girl. Kitty showed up at the bottom of the steps.

“Oh Eric sweetie, here’s a surprise for you, but that’s all! No party or anything,” Kitty said doing her laugh. You’ve gotta love that laugh. “Come down sweetie.”

Natalie ran down the stairs, she couldn’t wait to see Eric. As soon as Eric saw her he immediately knew who that was and jumped up.

“Natalie!” he yelled, just as excited as her and ran and tackled her to the ground and they started wrestling each other.

They both decided that every time they would see each other again, they would wrestle to see who would win. It was always Natalie but Eric would be close. They don’t know how long until they would see each other again so they make sure that when they do, they would have fun. Eric tried to put her in a headlock but she escaped and put him in one and started giving him a noogie.

“Eric! I missed you man!” Natalie exclaimed “I win again!”

“Okay, okay, ow that hurts,” Eric said finally pulling out of the noogie and rubbing his head.

“Sweetie you need to fix your hair, you wanna look nice for…your birthday!” Kitty said going back upstairs.

Natalie and Eric embraced in hug. They missed each other so much. Laurie still had the look of the disgust on her face. While Hyde and Donna were annoyed maybe jealous even?

“Happy Birthday Eric!” Natalie said “Wait until you see the gift I got you. I think you’ll really like it!”

Eric was about to say something then Laurie cut in. “Aw, Natalie no ‘Hi’ for me?” she said in an obvious mean way.

“Why would I ever want to say hi to you, Laurie? Because then I’d have to hear your voice.” Nat replied.

Laurie looked at her up and down, “Still the no style, no make-up wearing bitch aren’t you? Things never change.”

“You’re right Laurie, things never change, because you’re still a superficial air-headed slut,” Nat said. Laurie walked up the stairs leaving the basement.

“BURN!” Kelso yelled. Natalie looked at him, and then she noticed three guys and two girls were also in the room.

“Oh! Hi.” Nat said waving she didn’t know what else to say.

“So Eric you gonna introduce us to your girlfriend?” Hyde said jealously. Eric and Nat looked at each other and busted out laughing. Leaving everyone confused. Nat soon calmed down and said,

“I’m Natalie Forman, his sister, not his girlfriend.”

Hyde basically feeling like a complete idiot after she said that. Kelso spoke up,

“You have another hot sister?!” he yelled.

“You never told them about me?” Nat asked Eric hurt.

“I figured they knew already, there’s a picture of us on the wall,” Eric said pointing. There it was a picture of the whole family, the picture was taken on one of those rare occasions that they were all very happy.

“Its not like we look through your family pictures man,” Hyde said.

“Are you guys gonna tell me your names or am I gonna have to guess?” Nat said jokingly. They all got up and introduced themselves.

“I am Fez, and yes I am single,” Fez said shaking Nat’s hand.

“I’m Michael Kelso,” Kelso said in a fake deep voice.

She chuckled at them two; she knew that they were flirting with her. Nat wasn’t an idiot. She was flattered that they were doing that but to her, they just seemed like people who weren’t looking for a serious relationship.

“I’m Jackie Burkhart,” Jackie said looking at Natalie up and down.

“I’m Donna” Donna said smiling at her, she was relieved that Eric and Nat had nothing going on between them.

“And I’m Hyde,” Steven said looking in her eyes, green, his favorite color.

“Is Hyde your first name or last name?”

“Last. My first name is Steven.”

“I’ll call you Steven,” she told him smiling. She liked that name, it’s really suits him. Steven froze for a moment, mesmerized by her smile; he instantly wanted to make her smile more often.

After a few minutes, everybody except Natalie and Eric were sitting very stiffly not talking.

“Nat I know the why you’re here. For my surprise party,” Eric said knowingly.

“Eric you don’t have a surprise party,” Eric gave her a look “I’m serious! I talked to mom on the phone and she said that we were just taking you to this restaurant.” She said convincingly.

“Really?”

“Yeah.” Eric actually believed her until Kelso said,

“There is a party; we’re here to keep Eric busy until then.” Natalie glared at him. The last chance to make it a surprise party, gone. She casually walked to Kelso slapped the back of his head and sat back down.

Kitty came into view of the kids.

“Hi kids. Um, I need your help with something, Jackie, Donna, Michael, Steven, Natalie, and . . . young man with an accent, can you please give me a hand? Not you Eric!”

They all ran up the stairs and hid knowing they were about to surprise Eric. When Eric came up they all yelled “Surprise!” and Eric gave a knowingly fake surprised look.

As Eric was opening his presents; Natalie was biting her lip nervous that Eric won’t like her present. Even though she knew he would like it, there was still that little part of her worried that he wouldn’t like it.

Hyde asked what was wrong.

Natalie replied “What makes you think something is wrong?”

“You were biting your lip.”

“I know I’m a sight for sore eyes but there’s no need to be staring at me” Natalie said smirking.

“Well maybe I want to stare at you.” Hyde replied smirking as well.

“And maybe I am perfectly fine with that.” There was no doubt they were both flirting but that was soon interrupted by Red’s voice.

“Natalie,” Red said, which caused her to look up, “Don’t you have a present for Eric?”

“Oh yeah!” Natalie said, she took Eric’s hand and led him to the front door, “Surprise!”

She opened the door which showed a brand new motorcycle.

“Alright!” Eric said, Nat handed him the keys as he ran to his new ride.

“Oh Eric honey, I don’t think that is a safe ride for you!” Kitty said trying to catch up to Eric.

Natalie chuckled softly as she watched them fight, in the end; Eric can only use his motorcycle for special occasions.

After that, soon the parents left for their neighbors’ house. And Laurie left to go to a party. “Thank God,” Natalie thought.

“Nat can you get us beer; we’ll pay you double.” Eric asked.

“Eric, you and your friends are too young to be exposed to these kinds of things,” Natalie said, Eric gave her a look. “I don’t think we should Eric, we don’t even know when they’ll get back.”

Natalie relaxed and soon Jackie came in and said that Donna was on the porch.

“He’s getting the big gift!” Kelso said.

Natalie rolled her eyes.

When Eric left to go to the porch, everybody except Natalie followed soon after.

“Where are you guys going?” she asked.

“To spy on Eric and Donna,” Fez said.

“But guys, that would be an invasion of their privacy and – oh who cares, I got nothing better to do.” She followed after.

They hid in the kitchen. Something was about to happen between Eric and Donna until the parents came home.

“We have candles in the bedroom; don’t we?” Kitty said walking in.

Everyone acted natural then went back to their hiding place.

“Come on Eric, make a move!” Natalie yelled.

“C’mon Forman! Go for it!” Hyde said.

“The door is open we can hear you.” Eric pointed out.

They all instantly shut their mouths.

“We can see you.” He continued.

All except Natalie crouched down. Natalie turned to go into the living room. She got bored and figured nothing would happen. Hyde followed after her. They both sat down on the couch.

“Are you only here for Eric’s birthday?” He asked.

“Pretty much, although it has been getting boring living with my uncle Jim.”

“Then stay.” Normally Hyde wouldn’t care if a girl he just met was leaving. But he felt something different about this girl.

“I’ll think about it.” Natalie looking into Hyde’s eyes, although she already knew she wanted to stay.