Status: active

Mr. Isaacs

one

“Dammit.” Sydney hissed as she looked over at the clock. It was nearly seven, and she had to be at school in less than 30 minutes. Pushing the covers back, she bounded towards the closet, quickly replacing her pajamas with a blue dress that she pulled from the hanger. She mentally thanked herself for taking a shower the night before.

Running to the bathroom, she pulled her toothbrush from it’s holder, applying the minty toothpaste. Multitasking, she brushed her teeth while pulling on a pair of white sandals, clasping them around her ankles. After a few more minutes of brushing her teeth, she spit the bubbled toothpaste into the sink, rinsing her mouth and the brush. She quickly ran a comb through her tangled mess of hair, before rushing towards the stairs, grabbing her car keys from the dresser.

“I’m going to school, mom.” Sydney called out. There was no answer, which didn’t surprise her. Her mother was never home anymore. She was always busy with work, or she was out getting drunk. Sighing, she grabbed an apple from the counter and trudged out to her car.

Climbing into the car, Sydney frowned slightly. She’d forgotten to do her makeup, and she probably looked like a train wreck. She made a mental note to do it once she got to school. Putting the key into the ignition, she started the car, Memphis May Fires Vices blasted through the speakers. Smiling now, she pulled out of the parking lot of her home.

At school, new freshman littered the hallways, confused and lost. Sydney tried her best to remain calm, but she was dead tired. She hadn’t gotten her morning cup of coffee, and all she had for breakfast was a measly apple. Weaving her way through the crowd of students, she finally reached the bathroom. She escaped the flooded halls, walking over towards the mirror, and dropping her purse on the counter. Looking over her makeup-less face, she frowned. Digging around in her purse, she realized she’d forgotten to grab her makeup bag. Closing her eyes, she sighed in frustration, before exiting out into the crowded hall once again.

Sydney heard the ding of the PA system over the bustling crowed, Mrs. Crown’s, the school secretary, voice echoing through the busy hallway. It got a little quieter. “All students must report to their home room immediately to get your schedules. All freshman, report to the auditorium.”

Reaching her home room, Sydney noticed the door was still shut and locked. The kids in her home room were just as confused as she was, talking amongst themselves. She stood away from the cluster of the other kids, sitting on the bench by the door, when she noticed an unfamiliar person traipsing down the hall towards the classroom.

“Sorry I’m late, I forgot something in my car.” The man said, unlocking the door, and letting everyone inside. His eyes landed on Sydney, and he smiled. “Good morning.” He said, as she passed him. She smiled sweetly at him, before taking a seat near the back of the classroom away from everyone else. She watched the unknown man pulling folders, and papers out of his bag. Before he was situated, a hand from the front row shot straight up. The man looked at it, and nodded, as if giving the person permission to speak.

“Where’s Mrs. Michaels?” A high pitched voice asked.

“Mrs. Michaels moved to florida with her husband. I’m Mr. Isaacs. I’m taking her place.” He explained, picking up the attendance clipboard. As the teacher began calling names, Sydney checked out, thinking of all the places she’d rather be than here. She started fantasizing living in Rome, and Paris. The fantasy was short lived when Mr. Isaacs reached her name on the list. She didn’t hear him at first.

“...Sydney Waters, are you here?” He asked, sounding slightly irritated. Sydney sat up in her seat, meeting his eyes.

“Uh, yeah. Yeah, right here.” She said, as he stared at her intently. It was an inappropriate amount of time that passed before he’d finally looked away. Other students noticed, and started whispering to each other.

“Y-your schedule is up here.” He muttered, his face a deep shade of red. Standing up from the desk, Sydney made her way up to the front, grabbing the schedule from Mr. Isaacs, and quickly hurrying back to the back of the room. She could feel his eyes on her, and she began to feel uncomfortable.

Before she got time to look at her schedule thoroughly, the bell sounded, and the kids filed out of the room. Glancing down, Sydney noticed she had English with Mr. Isaacs first period. Sighing, she sat back into her seat, resting her head on her folded arms, waiting for the rest of the students to make a loud, and annoying appearance.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so here's a start to a new story that popped into my head today.

I have so many stories going on right now, but i'm really excited about this one! i feel like this one has a lot of potential, and I'll probably be updating this one a lot..

which reminds me... Once I have up to the fifth chapter written, I'll post the second chapter.

what do you guys think so far? is it good?

xoxo