Status: Share if you enjoy :)

Disaster's Aid

Drenched

Mo stares at me with his body fully turned.

"You're married? Wow, that was fast."

"Actually our parents have had this planned for years."

"Oh, so this is the guy you were avoiding. Figures you would just marry him."

"What do you mean?" I glance at Mo's steady gaze.

Does he think I'm shallow like a pond? A little rain puddle? Hollow like a tree? An empty rotting tree? Am I so frivolous that this is what he expects of me?

Mo glances at me and chuckles.

"That's not what I meant Sara, I'm just surprised."

I turn my head towards the rest of the park to see Tariq striding towards me.

"Cause I really liked you. I mean I still do, but I was pretty sure we'd be the ones getting married."

Tariq raises his eyebrow as he comes to my side. Mo looks at him and his jaw untenses and he chuckles.

"Hey Bro, guess you must be Sara's husband."

"Assalamualaikum, I'm Tariq." Mo and Tariq shake hands.

Mo slaps Tariq's arm twice.

"Take care of her Bro, I'll be seeing you around Sara."

The chill rolls off of Mo like an avalanche and I watch him wave goodbye with a smile.

Tariq laughs as Mo fades out of view into the crowds.

"What's funny?" I breathe. The sudden light mood has me off guard.

Tariq brushes his arms off.

"I'm way outta his league dude." Tariq blurts. I stare at Tariq.

Did he seriously do that? I guess that explains Mo's sudden change in stance. How he let the anger flow away. I guess he can see how we are a good couple, I hope we are a good couple, and I hope he saw that we would be the best for each other. May Allah guide us to the straight path.

"You're supposed to the epitome of modesty, what are you saying?"

"Glad that guy's done throwing shade. I coulda messed him up." Tariq continues. "I'm just speaking in Canadian."

Tariq shrugs. His eyes twinkle as I watch him with my eyes tight.

"Just speak in English. I don't think I can take you talking about swag without worrying for your health."

Tariq laughs and catches me holding my grin.

"Sara, were you crying?"

"No, no I'm not crying." I swat his hand away from my face. "You just lost too many brain cells from the roller coaster."

"Sara." Tariq states as he stares at me. His light eyes swirl with worry." Was that Mo or Shahid?"

My eyes pop. In my mind I hear the snap.

He knew!

"Mo." I say staring at the ground.

"What did he say?"

"He was forgiving me." I bite my lip to think of how stupid I must look. A man I thought to marry just came by to forgive me for being so shallow and thoughtless and I'm admitting it to the man who I would never want to be that way in front of.

"Alhamdullilah, I'm glad to know that."

"Why?"

"Because that means you won't be worried about him anymore."

"No, no. I'll worry. I'm not that shallow. I won't forget him that fast!"

"Sara, I mean to say that you won't be sad about your past knowing he has forgiven you."

"Oh. Well, I still ruined his life." Tariq puts his arm around my shoulders and walks me to the direction of the parking lots.

"Sara, every dark cloud has a silver lining. If you've been forgiven, just work to become better and don't worry about the past. I don't want you to be sad."

A small smile hits my lips.

He doesn't want me to be sad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Discovering I'm steel gonna keel yew!!

Four chapters in one day, that's pretty good though!