Status: Share if you enjoy :)

Disaster's Aid

Hamburger

"What happened?" I breathe.

"Nothing happened exactly. But you have got some serious beans to spill." I stare at Arfsy and fiddle with the wrapper in my hand. "Since when do you have a gardener? Has he been here since you left?"

"Gardener? I don't know if my parents hired someone."

"Yeah, well anyways, he was working in your backyard wearing your dad's army apron and he is fine! He didn't see me, but I caught him walking to your neighbors house and then back to your backyard. He was raking. And girl, seriously, that boy is built! I could actually see his muscles flexing from your kitchen doors! I would still be drooling right now but he went to return the rake."

"You were drooling over him?" Arfsy doesn't catch my tone. She glances at the kitchen and perks up. Her knees on the sofa and her hands holding the leather as she peers out the doors.

Tariq is digging weeds out from around the tomatoes.

"He's so determined! Doesn't he look so hot? Even with that beard, he looks so manly."

"Arfsy-"

Arfsy gives me a look.

"C'mon Sara, you can't deny he's hotter than a hamburger."

Where was she getting these weird references?

I start to laugh.

"Arfsy that's not it. You need to listen to me." Arfsy glances at me and then the kitchen. The door slides open.

"Ohmagosh Sara! He's coming inside." Arfsy squeals.

"Sara, are you home?" Tariq calls out dropping his gloves on the table and turning around to wash his hands.

Arfsy stares at me with her mouth open. Then she grins.

"Oh, so he knows your name? Girl you have to introduce us, okay?" Arfsy nudges me and starts poking my arm.

"Okay, okay, let's go introduce you."

What am I doing now?

I stride to the kitchen with my hand over my poked arm. Tariq turns to me. His face glistening with water that is dripping down to make his white shirt a little more wet. His grin reveals his white teeth and he strides over to me.

"Assalamualaikum Sara."

"Walaikumalaisalam. Uhh, Tariq?" Tariq hugs me and Arfsy gasps a little. He glances at her and drops one arm to turn me towards her.

"Nice to meet you, you must be Arfsy." Tariq says.

Whoa. He knows her too.

"Uhh, yeah. My name's Arfsy. I'm Sara's friend. Her best friend."

Arfsy hooks her thumbs into her belt loops and stares at my shoulder where Tariq's hand still rests.

"Umm, Arfsy let's go talk in my room."

"Okay." Arfsy turns and heads up the stairs. Her feet tapping along.

Tariq busies himself with putting away the groceries.

Smart man. No wonder he runs his own business.

"Tariq I never told her." I breathe when he glances at me. Anxiety trickles up my spine.

"She's your friend Sara. It's okay, go talk to her." Tariq says.

"She's going to kill me, Tariq."

"I'll make dua for you." Tariq's eyes twinkle and his cheek bones become prominent as he tries not to grin.

I take a deep breath.

"I'm going to make you pay for my Janazah."

Janazah. The prayer for deceased ones. Where the body is washed and put into the grave. Where the azan for the final prayer has already been whispered into the baby's ears when they are born. Janazah, where all the loves ones and community do a prayer for someone who has died after the Angel of Death has pulled their soul from their body.

I stride up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehehe...

Hamburger ;)

I should stop making food references. I'm going to open my fast in fifteen minutes...maybe that's why...

Seventh chapter!

Thoughts??