October

Chapter one

It was 6 in the morning when October got up, washed and went out of the house. She was a volunteer in a hospital and her shift started early. She wasn't a nurse or a doctor. She was just a gofer for her mom who was a doctor. She didn't ask for a job but it was better than doing nothing at home.

She walked towards the bus stop which was a block from her house, passing by her neighbors.

"Oh, isn't it that girl? She has some guts coming out."

"Yes, I think it is. Does she even have any dignity left?"

October tried to ignore the whispers that followed her. She tried to look nonchalant about it but it was hard to do so when it was your heart on the line. Everybody makes mistakes once in a while, right? So why did they make a big deal about hers? It wasn't like she sold herself for prostitution or jumped off a bridge. Other people made mistakes worse than hers so what made hers special enough to make people call her a slut and a whore for doing that? Wasn't it enough that they made her heart break into a million of pieces?

October's eyes were downcast. She bit her lip as her hold on her bag tightened. Until she was near the bus stop, she tuned out the voices that stalked her and ignored the stares that watched her like a hawk. Her phone suddenly vibrated and she saw a text from her mom who wanted her to buy napkins from the convenience store. She sighed and shook her head at her mom, smiling slightly even though she couldn't see her.

She went past the stop when suddenly she felt something hold her back.

"I'm sorry! Let me take it out for you." A voice behind her said. It was then that October finally realized that the thing holding her back was her long hair and the pain was coming from her scalp.

October looked at the person behind her and she had to look up in order to examine his features for a while. His hair was brown but he saw the faint streaks of red here and there. His bangs covered his eyes and it was then that she decided he was taking too long. She dug through her bag while the guy behind her fiddled with the zipper of his bag in order to untangle her hair.

A few seconds later, a snip was heard and he saw the strands of her hair fall to the ground.

"There. It's solved," was the only thing he heard from her before she walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying out fanfiction haha and in case you don't know, Chang Hyun is Ricky from Teen Top.