October

Chapter two

Ricky didn't know what to expect from this small city. After all, he's only been here for a few days. But he was pretty excited. He got a new job and an apartment although it would be a pain unpacking every one of those boxes. He didn't own a car nor a bike, but he was planning to buy soon. But riding the bus didn't seem like a bad idea anyway.

He dawdled his way to the bus stop which was just one or two blocks from his apartment. Ricky looked at his watch and his eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. His first week on the job and he was late. Then he saw the bus arrive... and he was nowhere near it.

Ricky wasn't a runner but he ran to the bus stop as if his life depended on it.

"Wait!" He shouted as he ran.

He was almost there - just a few steps away - when his bag was suddenly held back. He looked at his bag and saw thin locks of hair tangled in the zipper. He knew how important hair is to girls and he couldn't help but dread the girl's reaction inside. He flushed and sputtered out nervously, "I'm sorry! Let me take it out for you."

His hands shook as he tried getting them untangled, but suddenly, a pair of scissors came out of nowhere and snipped the hair.

He watched in surprise as the strands of hair slowly fell to the ground and when he looked back up, he saw her melancholic face and long black tresses which seemingly flowed behind her like waves in the ocean.

"There. It's solved."

Oh god, how he wished to hear her voice again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's my first time to write in a guy's perspective in a story. I did it once in my other story but it was shorter than this chapter. Tell me what you think.