Status: new-new-new

Was It Ever Enough?

Without you there is no me.

"It's a matchmaking or something?" he asked, raising his eyebrows and looking at Jordan. As soon as she opened the door, he heard voices and laughter coming from the living room. It was Dirk and some... girl. "J, my relationship with Marie was short but very, very intense. I don't needa new girlfriend. And certainly I don't need you looking for a new girlfriend for me."

Jordan gave him an innocent smile and grabbed his arm, when he wanted to step back. "It's just our new friend. She lives two floors below. She's new here and...you just need to meet her!

"Meet her? And your comments? 'Oh, you two have the same hobbies!', 'You look sweet together' or 'She's lovely, isn't she, John? Maybe you should go out together, just...alone?'" O'Callaghan looked at her and she rolled her eyes. She just said something under her breath and, despite his protests, she dragged him by the hand into the living room.


***

That was one of the best days of his life, he could swear. He still remembered that her laugh was so loud, he couldn't help but just stare at her. She had the most amazing smile and the prettiest eyes he had ever seen.

And now, she left him. And he didn't know the reason of it. She just broke his heart in front of his family and their friends and just left him. And did she think he would be fine with that? Because he wasn't. He truly wasn't.

"John Cornelius O'Callaghan the fifth!" he heard his mother's voice. John groaned. "Get your ass out of the bed" Jenny had lost her patience. She understood that he had a broken heart, that Lorelei was love of his life and she left him, but that didn't mean he had to spend the rest of his life in his bedroom. "I solemnly swear, I could kill you right now."

"Then do it, mom! Ok? Just do it. I don't give a shit about anything!" he yelled at her back and she pinched his arm hard. He didn't even react, so she poured at him a glass of cold water. He jumped out of the bed and looked at her angrily. He took a deep breath. And once more. "I'm sorry, mom. I just..."

"I know, John. But what else can I say? I can say that it will be ok. It will be, even if you don't believe right now, I promise it will be ok. You just need some time, some rest."

"What if it won't? Why did she do it to me? Why was it all fake?" he asked quietly. He sat and she took a seat next to him. "I miss her so much."

"I don't know why she did it. I know she loved you and maybe she still does, I believe she does, but I think something had to happen and that was the reason of her leaving. I don't know if you want to find her or not. If you want, ok, I'll help you as much as I can. If not, it's ok too, it's your life. All I can say, please don't hate her and start living again. I can't look at you doing...this. Look around, John. Three words: mess, mess and...mess. Bottles of beer? Whiskey? Pizza boxes? It's been a month."

"Mom, I'm almost 25, I'm not a little boy anymore" he said through gritted teeth. She rolled her eyes. He always was her little boy and he always will be. “And don’t even look at me…just like that.” He sighed, headed to bathroom.

***

“Don’t be an idiot” he heard Garrett’s voice. He raised his gaze from his beer and looked at his friend. They both and Kenny with his girlfriend were at the bar. That was his third time that he got out of his apartment and agreed spend some time with other people. He had already regretted it. Kennedy was sitting, actually, lying on the couch with Gabi and they were making out. Even if they were trying (at least at the beginning) not to be so obvious. And not that he blamed them…

And he was stuck with Garrett, who was one of his best friends, naturally. But John was sick and tired of people who told him how he should behave or that they know how he felt. Or that it will be better. He would rather want all those people to pretend that nothing happened.

“Excuse me? Why’s this so?” he asked, raising his eyebrow.

“That was the seventh girl, who tried to flirt with you and…you did nothing! John, you need to meet some other people. You need to meet some new girls! C’mon. Your mother called me and she said that if I got you drunk, she’d kill me, but… she said nothing about hot girls, flirting and having non-committal sex. Even she…she knows that you need this.”

“Gare, I’m not in mood for your stupid ideas, ok? I’m here because you called me like thirty times. And I’m ok. I’m fine just with my beer. Let it go.” He shrugged.

“I’m sorry that I have to tell that. Lorie is…she was my friend. She wasn’t just your girlfriend. She was our friend and what did she do to us? She kicked our asses and just left. And she’s a complete bitch because of that! It’s been a month. That was her chance to get back here. But no. Nope. She doesn’t give a fuck about us, so, for God’s sake, we should do the same thing! I bet that she met a richer fool and now she fucks him” Garrett said and immediately felt John’s hands grabbing him by the shirt.

“Don’t you ever say thing like this about her, ok? Just shut up! I thought we were friends!” John pulled him away and headed to the exit.

“We are, John! That’s why I’m doing this!” he heard his voice but ignored it and just left the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
The third chapter is on! Fianlly. Even if I'm in the same bad mood as John is, it was...tough part, kind of. Anyways, I hope you like it!

And I apologize in advance for the spelling and/or grammatical mistakes, but my native language is not English.