Status: new-new-new

Was It Ever Enough?

I do the best with what I have.

John turned onto his side and wrapped his arm around her bare waist. She took a deep breath as he kissed her collar. And then she lay down between his legs, leaning against his body.

"I’ve never been with someone who stayed after our first big fight" he said quietly and smiled slightly, kissing her nose and then her lips. She touched his chin, rubbing it. Any girl he has been with never stuck things out with him when times got hard.

"Never?"

"Yeah. You know, it was easy to want to be around when everything was like...cake or something. Like with my last girlfriend. Marie. We've been dating for some time, dinners, movies, sex. It was fun. And a lot of fights. I mean...a lot! But neither one of us remembered that getting through those fights meant that whatever we had, was...real." he said as she put her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Hm, me... I've never been with someone who stayed after our first night" she said, raising her gaze to him. "I've always been for someone, you know, for one-night-stand or just quickie" Lorelei sighed and kissed one of his collarbones. "I've never been good enough for anyone or just sex with me wasn't satisfactory."

"You're good enough for me and... are you kidding me? That was amazing, I solemnly swear." Lorie giggled, hearing it. "And by the way, make-up sex is one of the best."

"Well, does it mean you like me?" she asked, looking into his eyes and he nodded. "Why's this so? Why do you like me?"

"I like who I am when I’m with you. You're my sanity. You're...every bit of heaven to me, and well, every bit of hell too" he said and they both laughed. She looked at him, studying his face. Hazel eyes, beautiful nose, thin lips. He amazed her. He truly amazed her.

"Make love to me" she whispered. She wanted him as much as it could possibly be.

"I just did" he laughed quietly. "It's really..." she cut him off, kissing his lips. He smiled, pulling her to his lanky, naked body. They were really touching. He felt her fingers raking his shoulder, back, chest. His hands all over her. Breasts full and rounded, waist narrow. She was so erotic.

No one moved quite like a dancer. No one else had such flexibility.

She twisted slightly, raising her eyes to his with a hesitancy, along with something so soft, trusting and awed that it awoke a new wave of sensation in him. Strange, but that simple look made him want to believe in his own invulnerability and strength.


***

John felt as she kissed him on his cheek twice and moved her hand over his bare arms. He still had his eyes closed, pretending that he was asleep. But he wasn't. He hadn't slept since they finished making love. Nah. They didn't make love. That was just rough sex. It was a good way to get rid of frustration. One of the few.

He opened his eyes, hearing that she turned around, heading to the door of his bedroom. He saw her, walking on tiptoe, as if she didn't want to wake him up. He smiled slightly, stopping his gaze on her thighs and lay down on his back when she left the room. He didn't even remember her name. He met her at the bar, they were drinking and dancing and then he took her to his apartment.

He sighed, getting up and heading to the kitchen. And suddenly stepped back and looked at Garrett and Kennedy, sitting on his couch. John raised his eyebrows.

"If I remember corectly... You weren't here. Unless you were a part of that wild night" he said, walking to the kitchen again. His friends followed him.

"So...fucking every girl you meet is a good idea?" Kennedy looked at him and John rolled his eyes. Garrett pinched him. "What?! I know, according to you, it's a fantastic idea. But do you think it's helping things? Because it's not."

"Actually, it is. It's helping things and it is pretty good idea" John said, pulling out of the fridge yogurt. He asked himself how could the fridge was full of food, but then he thought of his mother and the fact that she certainly did shopping. He made a note in his head to call her later and thank her.

"But what if..." Kenny didn't want to give up.

"What if...what ? Lorelei won't get back. Ok? It's over. She left me. She gave me her ring back. It's been two months. I don't give a shit about her anymore. And you two? You two can stop talking about her all the time. All of you. Now, I'm a happy single man. And I'm gonna enjoy my life. Does anyone want to say something? Nope? Great. Kennedy, do scrambled eggs" John said and Ken rolled his eyes. But he got up and started making breakfast for them.

"Ok, so can we now start talking about finishing our record? Tim called this morning. He told me some dates when we can go to the studio and finish your and Pat' parts and something more" Garrett wrote them on the old newspaper. "You have a few days and until then enjoy your life of a single man!" he laughed.

"I will, Gare, I will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woooh, damn. I've been waiting to write this chapter for a long ass time, man. SO FINALLY.
This is like a background chapter and this is so terribly written, though I like that past-part.

And I apologize in advance for the spelling and/or grammatical mistakes, but my native language is not English.