Status: new-new-new

Was It Ever Enough?

Your blood it mixed with all the chemicals in your head.

June 8, 2012

Their concert was awesome. Can't wait for them to go on full tour and meet them again. That was one of the best nights of my live. Even if I had to wait like forever to meet them after the show. But it was worth it, they were so nice. Oh, and... Did anyone else see a hickey on John's neck? Or it's just me?


***

She was staring at ultrasound scan. A few minutes ago she left the doctor's office and now the only thing she could do was staring.

"Is everything okay?" she heard someone's voice and raised her gaze to the nurse. She smiled from ear to ear and nodded.

"Everything is perfectly fine" she said, showing her a scan and the nurse smiled at her back. Lorie said goodbye and with wide smile headed to the exit.

***

"So Ross found out?" Jordan looked at her, taking another sip of her red wine. Lorelei nodded. "And he promised to not tell John? And you believed him?"

"Excuse me, but do you think there was an alternative? Let me say it... No. What was I supposed to do? Kidnap him and hide in the closet?" she asked, taking a deep breath. It was another Saturday night which they were spending at old Jordan's apartment; just talking.

Lorelei was laying on the couch, rubbing her baby bump and trying to ignore a headache. Another day with this shit. Her head was close to explode or something. She had been feeling worse since the day she met Ross. She had dizziness. Headaches were damn annoying. And all she dreamed of was that her body, yes the whole body, would no longer hurt.

"Why not? He's hot, kind of" Jordan said and Lorie laughed, too loudly and rolled her eyes.
"I'm not interested. I'm barely alive. Besides, you know that my heart belongs to other O'Callaghan" she sighed, taking a sip of her water.

"Whatever. So that was the bad news. You told you have also a good one. What's that?" Jordan asked and Lorelei smiled, getting up. She sat next to her friend. "C'mon, tell me."

"It's a girl" she said, giving her a wide smile. Jordan put her hands on Lore's baby bump, moving them and touching her. Lorelei's smile widened, if it was even possible.

"It's a girl" Jordan almost squealed and hugged Lorie. "Oh my god, it's a girl! Little miss O'Callaghan, can't wait to see her. She's gonna be the prettiest girl in the world, I swear. Little Rory Bug, she's gonna be daddy's girl and..." Jordan looked at Lorie, who moved slightly. "I'm sorry, I just..." she wanted say something more, but Lorelei cut her off.

Suddenly, she stood up and left the living room. After a moment she was back with a box. She sat again next to her friend and opened it. Then, she pulled out of the box several envelopes. Jordan raised her eyebrows.

"I…I’ve been writing letters. A lot of letters."

"Lorelei, what... I-I.."

"No, just listen to me, ok?" Lorie asked and Jordan bit her lip and nodded. "I know John will be mad at me, at you...probably at her too. But I know he will love her and will take care of her, she's his baby girl, even if he still doesn't know about her."

Jordan looked at her, feeling bad for her. She knew this baby was everything Lorelei wanted and she was doing everything to protect her. Lorelei probably won't be able to take care of her, probably will never hug her. But still she was doing everything to have her, to protect her and love her as much as possible.

"As I said, I'm barely alive. I feel worse with each passing day, so I’ve been writing letters. These are for her. I want her to know me, to...meet me, kind of. I want her to remember me, even if John will find a new mother for her. So here are the letters. For her 5th birthday, the 10th birthday, the 16th birthday. Christmas, her prom, or even for her wedding day and for her one true love" she wiped her tears. Jordan rubbed her arm.

"And these are for Jenny, for my parents and...for John. You have to promise me something. You need to give them at the right time" she looked at friend.

Jordan sighed heavily. She was tired of this situation too. She feared loss her best friend and John's reaction. Lorelei bit her bit and grabbed Jordan's hands, squeezing them lightly.

"I promise" she whispered. Lorelei breathed a sigh of relief and closed her eyes. "Lorelei..." Jordan looked at her. "Hey, Lorie, look at me... What's going on?"

"It's just damn headache. And I need fresh air, I guess" she stood up and take a few steps. Suddenly she put hands on her baby bump.

"Lorelei!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. We're halfway through this story! This is a background chapter, kind of. But the end of this chapter is quite important to write the next chapters. I swear, the next three are the ones which you have been waiting for.
Don't be a silent reader! <3
Kisses, M!