Status: hope you enjoy!

The Black Brick Road

Prologueâ™”

Our shoe prints were left behind as we went down endless-seeming black spiraled stair flights.
Noticeable cobwebs followed the stair railing almost like an impressive Halloween decoration.

I could feel Pandora's shaky and warm breath against my neck as she scarcely held my shoulders.

"I think we should go back".. Pandora said softly. Her lips were quivering; giving an illusion of her faint freckles shaking timidly. She turned around rapidly and almost made a dash back. I grabbed a hold of one of her long black pigtails and rasped

"where are you going"?
"Home"!
"Quiet! She'll hear you"

Pandora rolled her eyes, which were covered by her dark long bangs. She tugged on her skirt and huffed as she trailed behind me.

After walking down long endless flights, we found ourselves at a brick wall similar ones outside of school buildings.

"I told you this was ridiculous" Pandora said balling her fist at my face.

"I think I found something" I said smirking at her, pointing up at the ceiling"

A small dusty green door with a antique doorknob was placed straight into the middle of the small ceiling above us.

So that's what Edgar was talking about- gee, that kid knows everything... He's so strange! What was with that red monstrosity of a jacket he was wearing this morning. Anyway, I have no right to call him peculiar.. Since-

"Oh, however are we going to get up there"? Pandora said sarcastically curving her lips into devious smile.

A small and rickety ladder caught my attention as I slightly shoveled Pandora out of the way. I placed the ladder below the door.

"What are you waiting for"? I said, escorting Pandora to the ladder.

"Christmas".. Pandora said flatly, stepping heavily on the ladder and hiking herself up.

Pandora reached up for the doorknob and pulled it. The miniature door swung open flinging dust into Pandora's face.

"Push me up" Pandora coughed. I grabbed a hold of her legs and gave one giant shove.

"Gently"! Pandora snapped poking her head into the doorway on the ceiling.