Status: This started out as a daydream over a bowl of cereal, so bear with me. :)

Real Life

Revelations

Just 4 minutes before ten, I walk through the front door.
"I'm home!" I call to my parents, who are watching T.V. on the sofa in the living room.
"Hey, honey. How was dinner?" Mom always asks that, every time I have dinner with Jack's family.
"Fine," I reply. My mind is elsewhere, at the moment. Normally, I would tell them what we had and what we talked about.
Noticing my change in behavior, Dad says, "Everything okay?"
"Yeah," I reply, heading to my bedroom.
I can feel them watching me, but I'm too distracted to care.
Entering my bedroom, I flip on the light, shut my door behind me, cross to my bed, and kick off my shoes. Then I slide them to the side and crawl onto the bed.
I love my bed. I love my bedroom. It's so comfy. And it's a perfect representation of me. The walls are a deep, grapey-indigo color, and the carpet is black. The bed clothes are the color of a fine, red wine, and my curtains are royal blue. The nightstand, dresser, and bookshelf are finished in a dark cherry.The bookshelf is filled with teen fantasy and sci-fi novels, along with a small collection of pop, rock, alternative, and soundtrack CDs. There are also a few DVDs and video games, along the bottom two shelves. There's an oval-shaped mirror above my dresser with a black, wrought-iron frame. I also have posters, art projects, stuffed animals, and lamps, scattered about.
Lying on top of my blankets, fully clothed, I stare up at the ceiling once more. I only knew a few constellations when I was younger, but I patterned some of the stars up there into the ones I did know. Closing my eyes, I begin to think about the visions I've been having; about the images I've been seeing. Obviously, Jack is right about one thing; they have to mean something. But, what? Was the rest of what Jack said right, too? Do these images mean that I was right about this world being fake? If so, what does that mean? And, more importantly, what happens when the timers reach their ends? What happens to me, what happens to Jack? What happens to us?
Before my mind can come up with any more questions, I get another vision:
Looking down at Jack, from several feet above. Zooming in. Stopping on a full image of his face. Then up, to the timer above him. And, finally, the numbers on the timer are in full view:
00: 00: 29: 22: 43: 27
Yrs:Mths:Days:Hrs:Mins:Secs
It focuses on Jack again, then zooms out, quickly, until I see my ceiling again, gasping and sitting up as I get my phone out of my pocket and text Jack:
Another vision. Concerns you. Important!!
About a second later, he texts back:
Give me ten.
Just under ten minutes later, he arrives, climbing through my window, and I tell him what I saw, watching his face as I do.
He's silent now; probably thinking about what the numbers could mean.
Slowly, he says, "Alright, well, obviously, we have less than a month to figure all this out. I just wish I knew what happens in 29 days....."
"Yeah. Me, too." We look at each other for a minute, then I look away. He takes my hand, and I meet his gaze once more. I give him a small smile, then pull him as I lie back, so that we're lying together on top of my blankets.
We both just lie there for a moment, silent, enjoying each other's presence. Then he grabs my waist, pulls me onto my side, and looks into my eyes.
"Everything will be okay. We'll figure all this out. We'll get through this."
I look down, and he uses his finger to tip my chin back up, so that I'm forced to meet his gaze again.
"Together."
Then he pulls me closer and kisses me. We stay like that for awhile; lying on my bed, kissing, pretending everything isn't suddenly confusing and scary in the world.
I know Jack will leave once I've fallen asleep, so I try to force myself to stay awake. But, eventually, exhaustion wins out, and I fall asleep, in his arms, hugging him as tightly as I can, in the hopes that he might stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me forever to decide what to do with this. Hope you like it.