Kings and Queens

1

October 2006

“Where did we go wrong?” I heard my father grumble.

“Do you think we did anything wrong? Maybe she’s just going through a phase,” my mom suggested, “She only made it through a month or so of school, maybe she’ll go out there, realize it’s not for her, and come home to finish school.”

I heard a glass shatter against the floor, “If she goes I’m not helping her. If she fails and wants to come home, she’s done; I’m not doing it.”

“Daniel,” my mother gasped, “She’s our daughter.”

“She’s a failure, that's what she is. She was probably doing poorly in school and just quit.”

The only thing I had ever wanted to do in life was to make my parents proud, to have them walk into a room full of friends and tell them that I was successful; now, though, I would never get that. I couldn’t help it that I didn’t want to be a nurse, that I didn’t want to be the ex-beauty queen who ended up marrying some doctor and having the "perfect" family. I had no intentions of leading that kind of life, the kind of life that my parents had designated for me when I was probably five.

I had bigger dreams, ones that didn’t involve this tiny town, that didn’t involve me cleaning up vomit and shit every day until I met this said doctor. I wanted to act. I wanted it so badly that I was more than willing to move to Los Angeles and work my ass off to get what I wanted. I had the drive, I had the money saved up for a one way ticket, and I had my grandmother backing me and offering to help me get an apartment so I wouldn’t be living in my car. The only thing I didn’t have was my parents’ approval.

“Hey,” Bridgette, my little sister walked into my bedroom, “I heard what Dad said.”

“Do me a favor Bridge,” I looked up at her, “Don’t fuck up like me.”

“How is following your dream fucking up?” she shook her head, “I envy you so much! I can’t wait to move out there with you.”

I shook my head, “Please, finish school. Go to college and do well, don’t let them make you feel like this.”

She gave me a sad look, but nodded, “For what it’s worth, I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you,” I hugged her.
♠ ♠ ♠
K, so this is the anticipated co-write between myself and Dance.Dance.Dance. For any and all future reference, the character I'm writing is Langley, just so no one gets confused lol.

She should have her chapter up tomorrow and then this thing is off and running!!!! Woo!!!! We have quite a few chapters already written, so at least in the beginning, updates should come quickly...ish. IDK, if you keep up with my other stories, I've been lazy lately :P

So read, comment, subscribe...LOVE IT! hahaha

PS-How bout them Hawks?!?! Right, right!?!? I'll be rocking the Seabrook shirt tomorrow