Kings and Queens

11

THEJessW80- Good to know some things never change, the ex still loves himself some skanks

“Did you see that tweet from Dustin’s ex?” Bridgette stared at her phone.

“No, why?” I set down the book I was reading.

She handed it to me and my jaw dropped, “Seriously?”

“Seriously,” Bridgette looked at me and then nodded at her phone, “Look at some of the comments about it.”

I scrolled through them and saw a few people liking it and asking who it was or how big of a bimbo the “skank” was.

I saw Jessica’s response and then saw my name pop up without tagging me, and then I saw a picture of Dustin and I sitting at the table laughing. I exited out of Twitter and threw my sister’s phone to the side, “Mature.”

I grabbed my phone and without thinking I responded via Twitter: @THEJessW80 at least he’s consistent! #SkankStrikesBack

Bridgette checked her phone again, her eyes widened, and her jaw dropped, “You did not!”

“Bitch wants to play high school games, I’m pretty sure I’m more up to date with them.”

I stood up and went into the kitchen, “She responded already!”

“What’d she say?” I asked.

@langleywashofficial good call on taking my sloppy seconds. #GoodLuck #Puhlease I think you’ve just gotten yourself into a Twitter war,” Bridgette contorted her smile into an evil one.

I took my phone from my pocket and went to type something out but then stopped, “You know what, she can wait, let’s pretend I’m actually doing something, unlike her.”

She laughed, “I missed this side of you Lang. so, how was the date? Tell me again how devastatingly
handsome he looked and how gentlemanly he acted.”

“You were dropped on your head as a child, I swear,” I laughed at her.

“Come on, I have to live vicariously through you,” she pouted.

“Like hell you do!” I pointed to the east side of our house, “Mike is right next door pining away for you and planning his next move. go over there and get some!”

“Ugh!” she plopped on the couch in such a dramatic fashion that I wondered how she didn’t get called out on over acting sometimes, “I’m not giving in that easy.”

“Stop the “I’m a hardass” game and “I’m fine on my own” bullshit act,” I shook my head, “He may not be a prince, but you’re no princess either Bridge. He’s kind of a badass, but isn’t that what we all want; A guy who can be a badass and then come home and be a gentleman?”

“I don’t know if he can be a gentleman,” she folded her arms across her chest and pouted.

“Figure it out!” I threw a pillow at her as I went out onto our deck.

“Langley Washington,” Jeff smiled from his chair, “To what do I owe this sighting to?”

“Hi Jeff.”
“So, Richards just showed me the Twitter thing…we’ve got a badass over here, don’t we?”

I laughed, “I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Oh no, you should have,” Mike walked out with a smile, “She’s a bitch and I think I might get involved too if she keeps calling you a skank.”

“So glad I can cause drama,” I really hated real life drama.

“She caused plenty already,” Mike assured me.

“Think Dustin will be pissed?” I made a face.

“Awe, look at you caring what your man thinks about the stupid things you post on Twitter,” Jeff put his hand over his heart, “So cute.”

I picked up a coaster and threw it at him, clipping his shoulder, “Ha! Out two games!”

He rubbed it, “Three,” he scoffed, “You are a bitch.”

“Mess with the bull and you get the horns,” I put my hand over my mouth when the Southern girl in me came out.

Mike spit his drink out, “Holy fuck did I just hear that?!”

“I like feisty Langley,” Jeff laughed too.

Mike gave me a serious look and shook his head, “You and your sister are so fucking hot when your accent comes out.”

“Speaking of sister,” I changed the subject, “Maybe you should talk to her.”

“maybe you should let Dustin hear that accent of yours, get you laid.”

“I’ll put you out for five games if you don’t shut the fuck up and go get your girl Richards. So help me God, maybe even ten games if I’m still in this “Twitter War”,” I used the air quotes.

My phone started buzzing against the glass table so I flipped them both off and answered it, “Hey,” I changed my tone to a sweet one for Dustin.

He was laughing, “You, Langley Washington, are a little bitch.”

“You saw?” I walked into the house after tossing another coaster at Mike’s head.

“I think my phone’s broke, my Twitter is blowing up,” he was still laughing, “She’s texting me and telling me that you’re this and that, baby I don’t know what to do with you.”

I had put him on speaker and hadn’t realized Bridgette was in the room until she yelled, “Tie her up and
punish her! She’s reading that Fifty Shades of Grey book!”

I threw another pillow at her as I blushed and took him off speaker, “Hmm, that could be an option,” Dustin’s voice dropped, “Actually, that is the option, the only one.”

“Is it gang up on Langley day?”

“Who else is giving you problems? Want me to beat them up?” he asked as his voice returned to a playful tone.

“Your teammates are mean.”

“It’s because Richards hasn’t made progress with your sister and because Jeff isn’t on top of you right now.”

“Ew,” I made a gagging noise.

“Hold on,” he told me.

While he did something I checked my Twitter feed and saw both love and hate for what I had said. My fans were cheering me on and her fans were freaking out. Then I noticed that the picture was retweeted by Dustin Dustinpenner25: Nice to know me and my girl make your radar.

“Babe?” he came back.

“Yeah?”

“You don’t need to get into this, I don’t expect you to do anything besides defend yourself. I really don’t want you involved with all her bullshit, but I can’t stop you from sticking up for yourself.”

“I saw you retweeted her picture,” I smiled, “Me and my girl, eh?”
“Ah, my Canadian ways are rubbing off on my Southern Belle, aren’t they?”

“I guess so,” I answered in a sing song voice.

“So, MY girl is coming to the game tonight, right? Wearing MY jersey and not Carter’s?”

“Who is this girl?” I teased him.

“I guess you’re just going to have to meet her there. You’ll notice her right away, she’ll be the pretty little thing typing mean things on her phone.”

I giggled, “Go nap.”

“Am I going to wake up to more Tweets?”

“You might, I don’t know yet.”
“keep em’ funny, that’s all I ask.”

“I’ll try.”

“See you after the game.”

“Good luck.”

Bridgette knocked on my door, “I may have just made it worse, but I’ll stop now,” she showed me her phone:
@therealbridge87-@THEJess@80: Sloppy seconds? How many can say that about you? #OhhBurn

“Oh God,” I shook my head, “We’re going to hell.”

“Mike just said something too,” she handed me her phone M_Richie10-@langleywashofficial: Mess with the bull, you get the horns @THEJessW80 #SouthernBelle #ILoveMyNeighbors

“What the hell?” she stared at me.

“Him and Jeff were outside,” I shook my head, “Southern accent came out…I said that.”

She laughed, “Of course you did.”

About an hour later I got a notification from Twitter, it was Jessica: @langleywashofficial Nothing? Everyone else has to defend you? #WeakSauce

Oh bitch, no. @THEJessW80: Sorry, I was working. You do know what that is, right? #AspiringActressProbs

A minute later she had a response, did this girl have no life? @THEJessW80-@langleywashofficial @therealbridge87 @M_Richie10 seriously kids? You want to play games?
I waited again until I was getting ready for the game with Bridgette before replying to her tweet. @Langleywashofficial-@THEJessW80 Sweetheart, aren’t you a little old for Twitter games? I’d make a Mean Girls reference, but you wouldn’t understand. #WhatsMyAgeAgain

My sister was keeping up with the game that Jessica and I had started, but I hoped that no one else really was. I especially hoped that Dustin wasn’t keeping score because this was out of line on both our parts and I wouldn’t blame him if he got mad.

“Mike said we can go down before the game,” Bridgette said after we walked into the Staples Center.

“You go.”

She pulled at the sleeve of my Penner jersey, “Come on.”

I reluctantly followed her through the maze of tunnels and down to the family area. A few of the other girls were down there, but mostly the ones with kids who wanted to tell their fathers good luck. Nicole Brown smiled at me, “I see that date went well the other night,” she gave me a nudge.

“Stop,” I held up my finger while laughing.

“By the way, your last tweet…priceless,” she laughed.

“I’m a bitch.”

She nodded, “And I love you for it.”

“Well, there’s the little drama queen,” Drew Doughty laughed.

“I think she’s having too much fun with it,” Bridgette shook her head, “I mean responding a minute later.”

“She has no life,” he shook his head, “Aspiring actress problems.”

I felt arms wrap around me and turned to see Dustin, “Blink 182 references? Think she’ll even understand that one?”

“You did,” I pushed him, “Old man.”

“Very funny,” he rolled his eyes.

I smiled, “Going to score some goals tonight?”

“I’ll do my best,” he took a step back from me and I got to see him in his under armor, which was a sight to be seen.

He held up his phone and snapped a quick picture just as I was going to turn to talk to my sister, “Hey!”

He chuckled and started typing. He turned his phone to me to show me his tweet: DustinPenner25-
@Langleywashofficial The best looking thing in a Kings’ jersey since Gretzky!


“Yeah, yeah,” I shook my head, “Get your head in the game Penner.”

He leaned down and kissed the side of my head, “Yes ma’am.”

Bridgette and I were sitting with the other girls this time, not something I was exactly excited about since I figured Jessica had made at least one friend among the women, but so far it seemed like most of the girls were laughing at the situation or on my side.

After grabbing a couple drinks Bridgette took a picture of us and posted it right away: @therealbridge87-Having fun with the girls and @Langleywashofficial at the Kings game! Go Kings!

I checked my phone and saw Jessica had tweeted something else: THEJessW80-I can’t even right now. SO MAD. Ex husbands are complete assholes. #ExWivesClub

Bridgette nudged me as the boys took the ice, “He still hasn’t kissed you?”

“No,” I shook my head.

“Bummer,” she made a face, “I bet he’s a good kisser.”

I giggled, “Maybe one day I’ll find out. How about Mike, have you given in at all?”

“Maybe one day.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Funny, right?? I thought it was anyway.

Idk if his ex-wife is a bitch, but for the purpose of this story, she is lol

Anywho, comments? Concerns? Anything?