Kings and Queens

17

Dustin:

DustinPenner25-@Lanleywashofficial you’ll do great tonight! Can’t wait to watch!

Langley was a guest on Chelsea Lately tonight and I was excited to see her interview. I wasn’t sure why she was on the show since she really didn’t have anything to promote at the moment, but she seemed excited about it on Twitter. I could only imagine what Chelsea Handler would talk to her about and Langley’s answers.

Langley had kicked me out that morning, almost two weeks ago now, after Richards and Bridgette had cemented their blossoming relationship. She told me to go to the optional skate, go on the road trip, and then we would talk. She made sure to tell me multiple times to have fun and not worry about her too, something I wasn’t sure how to take.

When I had asked a couple of the married guys about it they told me to worry about her and make sure to call her whenever I had the chance, just to prove that I was thinking of her. however, when a couple of the other guys got wind of the comment, they encouraged me to go out and have fun.
I had done the latter the first night. I went out with the guys, drank, and just had a fun time. when I got back to the hotel around midnight, I texted Langley right away though to tell her that I missed her and hated how we left things. She responded the next day: We’ll talk when you get back. Please have fun.

It was killing me not to talk to her, but I had a feeling that this might be for her benefit too. Maybe Langley was freaking out about moving too fast or about her own feelings and needed time. I was more than willing to give her time, but for her to think that I needed to go out and screw around like I was single was ridiculous.

I had already done the rebound thing with Kelly, the girl I cheated on Jessica with. Not only had she been the distraction from my failing marriage, she was there for me to take out my frustrations on before, during, and following the divorce. Even after Kelly I had slept with another girl who I was a little more emotionally connected to. The second girl, Eva, was a sweetheart and, like Langley, knew I had to rebound to start moving on. Langley wasn’t wrong, she had been correct when she said that I needed a transition period between relationships, but I had already had mine and tried to explain that to her that morning. She didn’t buy it though.

“ready to see your girl on Chelsea?” Jeff and Mike walked in with beer.

“Psh,” I scoffed, “I have a feeling she might not be my girl anymore.”

“She’s right, yano?” Mike looked at me, “She doesn’t know the real you. she sees the nice guy
trying to impress her, not the crude asshole you can be.”

“She wouldn’t like him,” I shook my head and un-muted the television when the show came back from commercial.

“Welcome Langley Washington!” Chelsea announced.

Langley walked out in a bright red dress that was tight. She wore black heels and her hair was in a high pony tail; she looked like a fucking sex kitten and I tossed a pillow at Carter when he made a comment about that.

“So,” Chelsea held up some papers, “I printed off the Twitter feed from…”

“Oh God,” Langley laughed and put her head in her hands, “How did I know?”

“Hey, hey,” Chelsea laughed too, “Now, if you didn’t see this or hear about it,” she looked at
the camera, “It’s hilarious. Looking at this girl, you wouldn’t picture her being such a little bitch,
would you?”

Mike laughed, “If only she knew!”

“She’s not a bitch,” I defended her.

He shot me a smile and sipped his beer, “She is, she’s just the good kind of bitchy.”

“I am a Southern belle,” Langley’s voice oozed with her accent, “But you piss me off…”

“I liked the old references and aspiring actress ones,” Chelsea skimmed through the papers in her hands, “I would love to get in a Twitter war with you.”

“Oh no,” Langley shook her head with that perfect smile, “No. you’d win! I would give up in a
second and bow down to you.”

“I knew I liked this girl,” Chelsea smiled at her, “Now, you were defending your boyfriend?”

Langley’s body language didn’t change but her cheeks turned redder, “I was defending
myself,” she stated, “But also I was defending someone I care about. I’m normally not that rude and petty, but when you insult someone that I care about, I get defensive and…well bitchy.”

Nice fucking save.

“Well, I see you and your sister have been hanging out with some athletes, I don’t know,” Chelsea shrugged, “I don’t keep up with sports, but they look hot. One of my writers loves athletes and she could probably talk to you for days about whatever sport this guy plays…lacrosse, football, ping pong…”

Langley giggled, “Hockey,” she smiled, “And yes, they are hot and yes we have been hanging out with them. Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are our neighbors, so we get the joy of dealing with sweaty, rough, hockey men now. I won’t complain,” she giggled again and my heart went fucking
bizerk.

“I’ll show her sweaty,” Jeff finished his beer, “And rough.”

“The one who tweeted that picture of you, Dustin Penner, right?”

“Right.”

“He looks like he can’t spell his first name,” Chelsea smirked, “I like that.”

Langley laughed and covered her mouth, “Shockingly, he can spell his name, first and last.
He’s smarter than he looks.”

“He’s cute.”

Langley blushed again, “He is very cute, very tall too. A lot of those guys are freakishly tall and I’m just down here waving up to them like, “Hey, look at me!”

I smiled and caught Mike looking back at me, “What?”

He shook his head with a knowing smile, “Why don’t you call her later?”
-----
Langley:

“That’s great Lang,” Bridgette looked at me as she got ready to go out.

I was telling her that Chelsea Handler had asked me to host while she was on vacation in a couple weeks, something I thought would excite my little sister. Instead, she just went about her routine before going out for the night.

“Yeah,” I looked at my hands and chipped away the remaining nail polish I had been meaning to fix.

“You’re reading for that part in that movie, aren’t you?” she asked.

“I am,” I smiled, “I’m up against a few girls, so who knows.”

“You’ll do fine,” it didn’t sound sincere.

I looked away, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, why?” she fixed her shirt.

“You normally get excited when we talk about these things, now you’re just acting like you
don’t care.”

I felt her staring at me in her mirror so I looked up and was greeted with her glare, “You know what’s wrong Langley.”

I bit my bottom lip, “It’s better this way.”

“It’s not better this way and you know it!” she yelled, “This is stupid and it’s written all over
your face that you think so too. Every time I mention Mike or any of the guys you get that pathetic look on your face,” she pointed to the sad face that I knew I was making.

I was hurting over the Dustin thing and not speaking to him for almost two weeks, but it was for the best. He needed his time to do his own thing and I needed time to…well, to give up.

“He makes you happy, Lang, I haven’t seen you that happy in a long time. Sweetie,” she sat next to me and softened her voice, “You did the right thing by telling him to go and have fun, I get
that, but you’re hurting and so is he.”

I looked up at her, “He’s hurting?”

She nodded, “Mike’s worried about him, said he started to kind of shut down again."

I looked away as she went on, “You deserve to be happy.”

I shook my head as tears pricked my eyes, “Mom and Dad were right, you know?”

“About what?”

“Me. I can’t do anything right and I don’t deserve what I have. Even when I’m happy that’s
always in the back of my mind; I hear Dad screaming at me and telling me that I’m a failure and that
I don’t deserve to be happy. I always see the tears of disappointment in their eyes when I said I
was quitting school,” I paused and Bridgette took over.

“You can’t think like that. Mom and Dad love you and they’ve come around since then. I know
they were tough on you and made you feel like shit for a lot of things you should have been proud
of, but they do want you to be happy. Even if it’s not under their terms, every parent wants to see
their daughter happy.”

I let a small smile creep onto my lips, “He made me happy.”

“I know,” she wiped a tear away, “Even if you don’t feel like you should be happy, what about
Dustin’s happiness? I know that has to mean something to you.”

“He can find a…”

Bridgette shook her head, “He doesn’t want anyone else Langley, he wants you. why don’t you get ready and we’ll go meet up with some friends?”

I shook my head to protest, but she was already fixing my hair and makeup.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go. Good, bad???? Ehhhhhh...lol

So, I started another contest because I'm bored lol. It's a challenging one, but could be FUN!!!
NHL's Most Hated Contest