Poppyfields

1/1

Inside fancy office

MARCH: [fumbles around with buttons on shirt] Could you lend me a hand?

TERRITORY: I'm sorry, did you ask of me something? [looks around (sarcastic & skeptical)]

MARCH: Oh, stop being pathetic! Everyone knows how indulgent you are willing to be. Now, help me get my suit buttoned; I have a celebrational party tonight and I must not appear sleazy.

TERRITORY: [hrumph] But why should I be as so kind to you when you show not any courtesy to me? I highly think this is unfair, and I propose that if this shall be exposed to the public, the majority would comply to my opinion.

MARCH: [rolls eyes] Must I say 'please' in order to obtain your satisfaction? Is that the problem? Because if so, I am not willing to, and if you shall even dare try to provoke those silly words out of me, I will show no hesitation as to burn you alive. [laughs (jokingly but honestly)] Come on now, help me out.

TERRITORY: [eyes widen & jaw slacks slightly] ... You didn't mean that, did you?

MARCH: [asks (lacking curiosity & sounds like a statement)] So now you're asking me to confess? What is it with you, tonight? Your kind usually aren't so troublesome.

TERRITORY: [stares (confused)] Well, honestly, I do not like the way you are trying to run me over with your possessive character. I've always known your kind was a threat- I've heard the whispers, believe me- though I did not think that I would ever be confronted by you, at the very least. [states (stressed & slightly furious & courageously)] I show you hospitality, you give my people and me some ((back))!

MARCH: [stalks to territory (quickly)][grabs territory by the collar (menacingly)] [states (growl present)] How ((dare)) you raise your voice at me-!

TERRITORY: [yells (with all might)] GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME! I am not yours!

MARCH: [laughs (breathy & sarcastically & knowing premonition)] I have a feeling you will be quite soon. [looks territory in eyes (sneer on face)][states (grimly & low)] Don't get so cocky. [stalks out of room]

TERRITORY: at a lack for words.

Image

Inside fancy auditorium

MARCH: [walks out on stage (with pride)] [speaks into microphone on podium (charmingly)] May I have all of your attention, please?

PESTS: all quiet down.

MARCH: Thank you. Now, I have a grand announcement that I would like to share with you on this glorious, festive night. [pauses] There was a kind that approached me earlier as I was dressing for this event. The kind was of the LAND population in which we have just so conquered tonight. [stares at territory who is sitting down against his will (seriously)] I would just like to thank the said subject for its apprehension and the trouble it put me through. It made me realise just how much... [stares back to pests]... we take things for granted. My point is, excuse me, that we should not label things to be so feeble; we must approach everything cleverly and stealthily if we shall continue to triumph. [pauses] That is all.

PESTS: all clap and cheer.

TERRITORY: falls off chair to death & turns gray.