Status: This is the first chapter. I have more, but you shall not read them yet. It's pretty rough and informal, so deal. But yeah.

Not Another Vampire Story

Just Because I'm Bella?

The next morning came far too early. I had been up late into the night, thinking about all the changes that had occured in my life, cheesy as it sounds.

I was legally emancipated from the state of Washington, which had technically been my parent for the past 17 years. I lived in a two bedroom, two bathroom house that my rich aunt from South Carolina bought me, as a condolence for not wanting to become my guardian after my parents died. She felt terrible now that I was old enough to understand, but I didn't mind. My cost of living was Z-E-R-O thanks to her.

It was raining outside, nothing out of the norm. I went about my morning as usual. When I walked out the front door, taking care to lock the deadbolt, there was a car in the driveway. It was an old clunker with a bad silver paintjob.

I knocked on the window, and the driver lowered the glass.

"Need a ride?" Cullen, the boy from Biology class, asked.

I was completely and utterly flabbergasted.

"Are you being serious right now?' my eyes narrowed, and Cullen seemed to shrink back into his seat some.

"I was being serious, yes."

"So. You think that because you live in Forks and you saw some dumb movies that you can come to my house and try to play out the story, just because my name is Bella and you are imagining that you have a Volvo?" I wasn't even sure if that made sense, but I was so mad that even speaking like a civilized person was near impossible.

There was an awkward pause.

"So I take it as a no?"

I stormed away, slamming my car door shut and peeling out of the driveway.

How did he know where I lived?

Some people just need to disappear. At least, out of Forks.