Status: This is the first chapter. I have more, but you shall not read them yet. It's pretty rough and informal, so deal. But yeah.

Not Another Vampire Story

Sitting Down and Giving Up

"Are you sure this is right?" Hayden frowned at the worksheet splayed before him. I chewed my pencil and tucked a lock of hair behind my shoulder.

"Yeah. There's nothing else it could be."

"Okay," he replied. "I'll trust you." he looked up at me and I almost melted. The boy slid the paper from my fingers and wandered up front to turn it in. At that moment, the classroom door opened and Cullen stepped inside. He did a kind of hair-flip that he must have seen in commercials or something while he was gone.

"Hey Bella!" he grinned. "Miss me?" his smile faded when he saw Hayden plop in the chair next to my own. "Aaaand there's a boy in my seat."

I awkwardly straightened my pencil on the desk, wishing that he would just walk away.

Wish not granted.

"That's Hayden. He's new. And you were gone for a week so he sat here. There were no other chairs."

"Well," Cullen stiffened. "He can go ahead and find another chair. I'm back."

I bit my lip. Cullen marched to the front of the room to talk to the teacher. Anna cast me a 'Good luck with this one' look.

"Who's that guy?" Hayden rose an eyebrow.

"You took his seat," I replied.

Mr. Evans' gaze swept the room for an open seat. Of course, there were none. Suddenly there was a shriek from the other side of the room.

"Are you serious?!" there was a screech like nails on chalkboard and a loud thunk. Isabella's seat partner was on the ground again, red faced and cradling her wrist. Isabella herself perched on the end of her desk, smiling up at Mr. Evans.

"He can sit here!" she kicked her feet like a little girl.

The teacher struggled to maintain his composure.

"Isabella, you can't push Charlotte off her chair every time an attractive boy needs a seat."

Hayden smirked.

"Mr. Evans thinks I'm attractive."

The teacher threw his hands in the air."No, I didn't say- I mean that's not to say that you aren't, but-" his face turned a nasty shade of purple. "That's it. I give up! FINE Hayden, you're attractive. Whatever you need to inflate your ego." He clapped his hands over his mouth. "Did I just say that?" he let out a hysterical giggle. "Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore, because I quit! I have to deal with a bunch of loonies every day who think that they're all vampires or some sort of other physco creature and I QUIT!"

He stormed from the room.

The class was silent.

"Well gee, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Shut up Isabella," about twelve people moaned in unison.

So we sat in silence until the bell rang, pretending nothing happened.

Just another day.