Status: This is the first chapter. I have more, but you shall not read them yet. It's pretty rough and informal, so deal. But yeah.

Not Another Vampire Story

Just Like that

It happened when I was standing by my locker after class. I was on the absolute struggle-bus, trying to force a too-big binder into my too-small backpack. My hair was all in my face and I had gnawed my chapstick off in irritation. I slammed my locker door shut to release some anger and therewasapersonthereohmigod.

I let out a tiny "eeep" and jumped backwards.

Hayden smirked. It was beautiful.

"Did I startle you?"

I scoffed and adjusted my phone in my pocket. "Startle me? No. Or course not. You can't startle me that easily. I'm like Iron Man except I'm a girl. I'm un-startle-able."

His beautiful smirk turned into a beautiful crooked smile, one that said, "Right, un-startle-able."

He eyed my bag and removed it from my shoulders.

"You shouldn't lug so many books around, it'll mess up your back."

"Sorry mother dearest," I replied.

He rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Hey, where are you going?" I broke into a little jog to catch up and latched onto the loop on the top of my backpack. He kept moving, dragging me down the crowded hallway. People were staring, but I wasn't going to let go.

"To your car. A gentleman always carries a lady's bag."

I was so baffled that I let go and just followed Hayden like a puppy to where I had parked that morning. He removed my keys from my bag as if it were his own and tossed them to me. Then he sidled closer. I had a little trouble breathing. He reached around me and pulled my phone from my back pocket. Hayden tapped something out and slid it back into my jeans.

"Text me," he breathed into my shoulder.

By the time I could form coherent words, he was gone.