Status: *HEADS UP* My computer is shot and the new one will arrive Monday. Will type and post Chapter 10 next weekend!

Lone Wolf

Sprint

The next morning, Keegan jumped out of her bed and dressed quickly the moment her alarm clock rang. She flew down the stairs and jogged her way into the kitchen. Her dad stood in the kitchen and looked up from his paper when he saw her, "Well, you're awake early." Keegan smiled, "Don't act like I am never awake before 7 am! Besides, I have some stuff to do today!" He smiled at her, "Well don't let me keep you! Have a good day dear." She smiled in return as she picked up her iPod from the table, "I'll see you later dad!" He glanced over his coffee cup, "Alright, I'll see you later. Love you Princess!"

Grabbing her armband from the table in the foyer, she secured her iPod in the band and pulled it onto her arm before bolting out the door with a quick 'I love you too!' in response. She placed the ear buds into her ears and started on her normal route through town, when she noticed that her neighbor was home. Dashing across the side lawn and up to the porch, she rang the doorbell. A few moments later the door opened to reveal her scrawny, peeping tom of a neighbor. "Hello, can I help you?" He asked leaning against the doorframe. Keegan smiled up at him, "Is the Sheriff home? I'd would like to speak with him." The boy nodded, "One second." He eyed her warily and poked his head behind the door, "DAD!"

"Stiles, can't it wait? I'm late for work as it is." She could hear the Sheriff's voice getting louder as he approached the door. The door opened further, revealing the tall, handsome, sandy haired Sheriff, "Oh! Can I help you?" He asked, noticing Keegan as he continued to button his shirt. Keegan smiled at the Sheriff, "Sir, I would like to talk to you about something I witnessed last night." The Sheriff raised his eyebrow and his eyes widened, "Continue..." Keegan cleared, and glanced over to Stiles, who took a deep noticeable breath. "Last night I caught your son looking into my bedroom window. Thankfully, I was dressed when I noticed them."

Sheriff Stilinski rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, "One second." The Sheriff grabbed Stiles by the collar as Stiles tried to escape, all the while protesting and dragged him into the house: shutting the door behind them. "Really Stiles!?" Stiles groaned, "Dad, I swear I-" He was cut off by more arguing and a few seconds later the door swung open to reveal a dark-faced Sheriff, "Keegan, I apologize for my son's behavior. Stiles, is there anything you'd like to say to Miss Kennedy?" Stiles glanced at the ground, kicking at the door track. The Sheriff thumped Stiles on the back and he looked up at her. "Keegan, I am sorry for looking into your window. I never had any bad intentions and I promise I won't do it again." He recited, looking sincerely apologetic.

Keegan smiled, "I appreciate your apology. Thank you." The Sheriff nodded and they watched as Keegan stepped off the porch. As she walked, she could hear the Sheriff beg Stiles to stay out of trouble. She turned on her iPod, stretched and finally began her morning workout routine. Her route would take her through nearly all of Beacon Hills and back home.

She was taught from an early age that one has to have, and maintain, good health and shape to keep up with a pack of werewolves. Something that Keegan always stuck with. Keeping time with the music, she headed through town and found herself at the lacrosse field twenty minutes later. She bent over and clutched at her knees, trying to catch her breath. She glanced over at the bleachers longingly and climbed halfway up the stairs before taking a seat on the cold metal bench, making her wince. While she sat there, she listened to the light breeze rustle the leaves in the trees and watched the birds play overhead. Closing her eyes, she tuned into nature, and steadied her breathing: until she heard someone come up behind her.

Without opening her eyes she knew who had attempted to sneak up on her. "Can I help you?" She could hear him clear his throat, "I'm really sorry that we were spying. That's not who Scott and I are. Trust me, we don't do that." Keegan shrugged, "It's whatever. Just worry about what you are doing; not what I'm doing. And I will do the same." Silence fell between them and she could hear him open his mouth once more, "So, how do you know Derek Hale?" Keegan opened her eyes and glared at him, "What part of mind your own business don't you understand, Stiles Stilinski!"

He held up his hands in surrender, but Keegan was already down the bleachers. She roughly pushed past Stiles and took off running towards home. She had made it nearly a block away from the school when the raindrops began to fall. Keegan continued to run faster at first, but when it began to downpour, she broke into a full sprint. Unable to run any further, due to her wet clothes weighing her down, she took shelter in an empty bus stop. She sat down and examined her iPod for water damage, and let out a deep sigh; her iPod still worked, but she had no way of calling for a ride.

She was stranded until it stopped raining.

Passing time, she played a few games and as she nearly high scored on Skee-Ball, a familiar powder blue jeep with a black hardtop pulled up alongside the bus stop. The window rolled down a bit and Stiles leaned across the passenger seat yelling over the rain, "Do you need a ride?" She rolled her eyes and weighed her options. Letting out a low sigh she quickly ran to the car. Smiling triumphantly, Stiles grabbed a towel from the back seat and handed it to her. "Thanks." He smiled at her and put the car into gear. The ride was quiet except for the sound of the rain hitting the windshield and the squeak of the wipers as they ran across the window.

"Were you following me?" Keegan asked closing her eyes. She could feel his eyes on her and he began to stammer. "No, I swear! I saw you take off to the bus stop and I figured I would offer you a ride. I mean, you do live next door." He stated, looking back to the road. Keegan nodded and the ride was quiet once more. The rain began to fall lightly, and Keegan looked out the window as the raindrops raced on the window until they congealed into one massive drop and rolled past. Stiles made it back to their neighborhood and pulled the Jeep into her driveway, stopping just in front of her house, "Well, here you are." Keegan smiled at him, "Thank you! I appreciate it." Stiles nodded and watched as she exited the car and ran to her porch. He kept the Jeep idling, wanting to make sure she got into her house before he drove off. He sat there for a few minutes, watching her search for the spare key.

He quickly rolled down his window and yelled over the rain, "Can you get in?" Looking defeated, Keegan returned to the Jeep and shook her head, "I don't know where the spare key went." Stiles grew quiet, thinking of an idea, "Get in. You don't need to stand in the rain." She opened the door and plopped down into the passenger seat. He glanced over at the girl slumped over in the seat, soaking wet and frowning. "You don't have another way into your house?" Keegan shook her head, "No, everything will be locked." Stiles nodded, "Well, you can come to my house and wait till your Dad gets home." Keegan began to protest, but Stiles put the Jeep into drive. She looked at him, and she saw the biggest grin on his face, "It's not a big deal!" Keegan rolled her eyes and sighed, there was no point in arguing with him, "Sure. Thanks."

"Sweet!" Stiles pulled into his driveway and opened the garage door. Slowly, he pulled into the garage and closed the door behind them. The garage was a few degrees warmer, and Keegan was very thankful for not being outside in the cold anymore. Stiles turned off the Jeep and noticed her shivering, "Come on, let's get you inside." Leading the way through the house, Stiles took them through the small, yet spacious, kitchen, out through the living room, and up the stairs to his room. He pushed open the door to reveal a room the same size as Keegan's, but painted a light blue, music posters plastered over the walls, a desk in the far corner was covered with random papers and a laptop and printer. On the wall next to the bed was a large snowboarder decal. Stiles spoke, snapping her out of her observation, "Let me get you some dry clothes." Keegan smiled and noticed her teeth beginning to chatter.

Rummaging through his closet, Stiles pulled out a grey shirt and a pair of red Adidas track pants, "These should fit." He handed the clothes to her and stared at Keegan when she didn't walk out of the room. Keegan glanced back at the boy, silently looking between him and the clothes. "OH! The bathroom is up the hall, last door before the stairs." Keegan nodded, "Do you mind if I take a shower?" Stiles shook his head, "Not a problem. Towels are in the closet in the bathroom." She nodded, "Thanks." She exited the bedroom and slowly walked down the hallway towards the bathroom. Shutting the door behind her, she entered the bathroom and opened the closet door for a towel. Making her way over to the sink, she stared at herself in the mirror and let out a small cry, she wasn't aware of how bad she looked. Her hair was plastered to her face and there was noticeable dirt, and sweat, marks from where the rain had slowly began to wash her face.

She looked like an absolute mess, and left a little embarrassed by her appearance.

She quickly peeled her dirty and wet clothes from her body and neatly placed them on the floor of the bathroom. Making sure the towel was close to the shower, she turned on the water, tested the temperature and got in.