Status: *HEADS UP* My computer is shot and the new one will arrive Monday. Will type and post Chapter 10 next weekend!

Lone Wolf

Memories

The next morning Lydia pulled her black Volkswagen Beetle out of the Kennedy driveway and headed off towards the school, but made sure to stop at the local coffee shop first. "So, you didn't tell me about your day? What happened?" Lydia asked, glancing over at Keegan, who immediately turned shades of pink. Lydia couldn't help but smile, "Ohhh girl. Tell me EVERYTHING!" Keegan buried her face in her hands, and shook her head. As she lowered her hands, she laughed, "We hung out. He took me to breakfast, we played some video games and he kissed me..." Keegan muttered the last part, quickly taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Aw, that's cute. Wait, what!? He kissed you!?" Lydia's eyes grew wide as she glanced over at the brunette girl, "Oh, was he a bad kisser?" Keegan's cheeks turned red again, "Oh, no. No, it was very good. I'm pretty sure I felt fireworks." Lydia squealed again, "Go girl!" She pulled into an empty parking spot and Keegan stayed in her seat and took a deep breath, before nervously adjusting her hair, which hung in tight curls around her head, and then started at her clothes. Lydia playfully slapped Keegan's hand, "Stop it Keegan. You look gorgeous." Keegan nervously glanced at her and frowned, she was too quick to let Lydia pick out her outfit for the day and now she was overly self-conscious. The dress, one from Lydia's massive collection, consisted of some tight black material, with a black lace overlay, which clung to Keegan's body in all the right places and her signature tan pumps completed the outfit.

"Lydia, ugh, is, I mean was all of this necessary? I already have his attention, I don't need or want everyone else's," Keegan hissed as Lydia helped her from the car and began their way towards the entrance. Suddenly, Lydia stopped and raised a finger to the girl, "Honey. First, if you got it you flaunt it," She raised another finger, "Secondly: this is an ego boost for the both of you. He'll feel better knowing the hot girl is giving him attention and then you'll feel better too."

Keegan frowned and followed Lydia once more. As they made it to the sidewalk, Lydia made sure to lead her past Scott and Stiles. Out of the corner of her eye, Keegan saw Scott nudge Stiles, who slowly turned towards them and let his mouth drop. Lydia slyly stopped in front of the boys, "Good morning boys." The two boys nodded in response, and stared at the girls as they walked further towards the school. "Dude, there's no way..." Stiles said rolling his eyes at Scott, who stood there with a grin plastered on his face. "That was totally for you." Stiles glared at the boy before looking over his shoulder again at the girls as they stood on the steps waiting for Danny and Jackson, "I still don't believe you." They boys grabbed their lacrosse gear from the back of Stiles' Jeep and headed inside. As they passed Lydia and Keegan, Stiles could feel her eyes on him. Keegan caught his eye and winked before turning back to her conversation. Scott nudged Stiles again, wiggling his eyebrows at the boy.

Stiles waved the werewolf off, "Tell me about your dream again, before you find another way to distract me." Scott sighed and hitched his backpack up on his shoulders, "I dreamt that I was on a bus and I was attacking the bus driver. Going by what I remember, I don't know if he's still alive..." Stiles stopped at his locker and furrowed his brow, "I don't know what to say, dude. Meet up with me at lunch and we can discuss it a little more, maybe Keegan can help... but for now I wouldn't worry too much about it, probably just a dream." Scott nodded, trying hard to believe that Stiles was correct and it was nothing to fret over, considering it may have not actually happened. Stiles shut his locker door and the two slowly walked down the hallway before entering their first class. They took seats next to each other, a few rows away from the girls.

The classroom was filling up, moments away from the late bell ringing when a student let out an ear-piercing scream. In seconds, every desk had emptied and the entire class ran to the window, where they watched as the Police had quartered off a section of the parking lot with crime scene tape wrapped around a nearby tree and a school bus.

Next to the bus sat a stretcher, a body bag laid on top, zipped closed. It wasn't until an officer took a step away from the back door of the bus, could they finally see the carnage. Although, what caught Keegan's attention were the large four clawed marks visible on the rear door, colored blood red. Panic instantly flooded through her body. A few students over, she could see Stiles turn to Scott, who had a panic stricken look plastered on his face.

x x x x

The students were sent home early, and Keegan couldn't be any happier. As Lydia and Keegan walked back to the grey Volkswagen Beetle, Keegan watched Stiles discussing something with his father. Reading the Sheriff's facial expressions, he wasn't happy and she saw him wave Stiles off, most likely telling him to go home. They got settled into the car as Lydia placed it in drive and they started their way home. They drove for a few minutes when the ringtone went off on Lydia's phone, and Keegan could tell it was Jackson by his caller ID picture. Keegan fiddled with her necklace as Lydia spoke to Jackson, attempting not to listen in on their conversation.

"Hey, Keeg, would you mind if I dropped you off?" Lydia asked apprehensively. Keegan frowned, "Oh, that's fine. I'm sure Jackson..." Lydia let out a small pathetic laugh, "Yeah, of course he does." Keegan nodded and they both sat in silence for the last few minutes of the car ride. Pulling into the driveway, Keegan grabbed her bag, thanked Lydia and said goodbye. Lydia waved as she pulled out of the driveway, leaving Keegan standing on her porch digging for her keys. She jumped when she heard a car horn honk as it pulled into her driveway. She turned and smiled when she saw whom it was, but her smile quickly faded when she saw the urgency on their faces. Keegan stood there staring at the two as they practically jumped from the car and sprinted to where she stood, "What's wrong?"

Scott and Stiles looked at each other before stating, "Keegan we need your help." Keegan nodded, telling them to continue. She could see Scott trying to explain himself, but instead he groaned and replied, "I think I caused the attack on the bus." Keegan stared hard at him and quickly returned to opening her front door, "Get inside...," The two rushed past her into the house , "Scott, calm your heart rate! You are NOT wolfing out in my house!" Keegan ushered them into the kitchen, where they could sit together, and began pacing. She had come up with a few ideas, but nothing better than attempting to contact Derek with no answer. Frustrated, Scott exited the kitchen and sat down hard on the couch.

Stiles unexpectedly slammed his fists against the counter, causing Keegan to jump, "I told him it wasn't his fault. He doesn't believe me though, and I don't know what to do to help him." Keegan nodded, and gently placed her hand on the boy's arm, "Stiles we will figure it out, okay? I know you feel helpless; I have been there too. Who has he told other than you?" Stiles leaned against the counter and sighed before shrugging his shoulders, "I don't think he told anyone else." Keegan watched the boy and frowned, "Let me call Derek, again." Keegan excused herself from the kitchen and pulled her phone from her pocket. She quickly dialed Derek, and when it went straight to voicemail she let out an agitated sigh and left him a short message. When she returned to the kitchen, Scott had joined Stiles and was resting his head on his arms, a worried expression on his face. Gently she placed a hand on his shoulder, "We'll figure this out, okay?" Scott nodded and sunk his head onto the counter. Keegan glanced over to Stiles who frowned and exited the kitchen.

She quickly glanced over her shoulder at Scott before following Stiles into the dining room. He leaned against the table, his arms folded across his chest. "Are you okay, Stiles?" She asked, standing next to him. He simply shrugged and pressed his lips into a tight line. Keegan looked at the ground and let quiet fall between them. "I don't know how I am. This situation scares me, Keegan. I'm afraid for my best friend and there is absolutely nothing I can do for him. I feel helpless, and I don't just mean with the possible murder situation, I mean with the whole werewolf thing." Keegan nodded, showing that she understood his worries; the same things she went through when Derek changed. They stayed there for a few minutes, Keegan allowing Stiles to collect his thoughts in peace. Scott broke the silence when he stepped into the dining room, "Hey, Stiles. Would you mind taking me home?"

Stiles nodded, "Yeah dude, that's fine." He pushed away from the table and looked over to Keegan, giving her a small apologetic smile as they walked out of the room. She followed them out the door and gave Scott a hug before he climbed into the Jeep. Stiles stood next to her quietly until she placed a hand on his arm, "We will figure this all out, okay?" He gave her another small smile and nodded. Without thinking, he rushed her and placed his arms around her waist. He gently whispered, "Thank you" into her ear and pulled away. She waved to them as they pulled out of the driveway and headed towards Scott's.

x x x x

Keegan lay in bed later that night when she heard the loud engine of the Jeep pull into the Stilinski driveway. The engine cut off and simultaneously her phone buzzed. Keegan smiled to herself, knowing exactly who would be calling her at this hour.

"Hello?"

"Hey Keegan, what are you up to?"

She smiled, "Watching some television. What are you doing?"

The other side grew quiet and she could hear Stiles sigh, "Scott decided that he wasn't going to feel sorry for something he may not have had anything to do with so we went back to the school and checked out the bus. He figured that maybe going on the bus would help him remember better." Keegan nodded to herself, "That's a reasonable idea. Did he remember anything?"

"I don't know. He really didn't say much but I could tell he felt better knowing that he wasn't the one who killed the guy." Keegan frowned, "Well that's good though, isn't it? He has to feel better knowing that it wasn't him... are you home?"

"No, well yeah... I'm sitting in the Jeep."

"Come watch some TV with me. Meet me at the front door." Keegan placed the bowl of popcorn on the bed and straightened her shirt, before quietly exiting her room and slowly creeping down the stairs. She unlocked the door just as Stiles was about to knock. He gave her a small smile and allowed her to drag him inside by his wrist. She held her finger to her lips as he started to speak, signaling him to be quiet and not wake her father. They entered her room and she sat him down on the bed, and handed him the popcorn bowl, as she took his shoes off, "Lie down and relax. Get your mind off Scott and everything that's going on. Stiles' needs time for himself too you know. You can continue saving the world later, okay?" She could see him smile from her peripherals as she propped him into a sitting position with her pillows. Satisfied, she sat down next to him on the bed and placed her head on his shoulder, "Feeling better?"

He let out a soft laugh, "Yeah, I do." He cautiously hesitated and leaned over kissing her forehead. Keegan didn't know why, but the cocoons in her stomach chose that exact moment to hatch, and suddenly butterflies erupted in her stomach, flying everywhere. Stiles also chose that moment to place his arm around her waist, pulling her in closer to him. They sat like that for a while, quietly watching television until Stiles noticed Keegan grew quiet and stopped moving. He glanced down at her and realized she had fallen asleep. He carefully placed the empty bowl on the floor and, with some difficulty, resituated so he was lying down next to her. He wrapped his arms around her and smiled to himself when she used his arm as a pillow and pushed herself in closer to him. It wasn't long until Stiles fell asleep too.

x x x x

Stiles swore he heard movement outside Keegan's bedroom and whatever it had been woke him up, and the uneasy feeling they were being watched slowly crept over him. Not wanting to wake Keegan, he gently rolled onto his back and laid still. The door to Keegan's room slowly creaked open and at first Stiles' figured it to be her father, but after a few minutes passed and the door didn't close, he grew worried. His eyes were still adjusting to the dark and he swore he saw a large black shadow standing just inside the doorway. Suddenly two red eyes appeared in the darkness and Stiles' let out a startled yelp.

Derek entered the room slowly, keeping his eyes on Stiles' for any sudden movements. He was angry, but he managed to let out a low sigh, a scowl on his face, "Are you two... together?" Stiles moved into a sitting position, earning a growl from Derek. Stiles put his hands up in surrender, and whispered, "Look, I don't know how she feels. What I DO know is that we," he gestured to Derek and himself, "Both clearly have feelings for her, and you could easily eliminate me as your competition. I'm not going to fight you for her." Derek stood there for a few moments before speaking, "I wouldn't worry about it, really. Besides, I know the real Keegan Kennedy, and not the girl you know. If I wanted her, I would already have her. The only downside is that she's marked with your scent and it's annoying to have to smell it every time I'm with her. Just do yourself a favor and don't make her angry." Stiles glanced down at his shirt and when he went to question Derek, he had disappeared. Stiles raised his eyebrow and lifted his shirt up to his nose, gently sniffing before shrugging his shoulders and lying back down on the bed.