Status: Brand new, comments are nice.

Last Hope on Warped 2013

July 10th - July 11th {part one}

Apparently when I pass out, I sleep the day away. It was Monday afternoon when I woke up and demanded to know what the fuck happened.

“Hi, Evelyn. I’m Dr. Hendrix, I was the one who analyzed your blood and it turns out it was just some bad luck of undercooked food and poisoned water. As for the stress, we’re giving you a prescription for some anti anxiety pills; only temporary, more of a test. We hope to see you back sometime around June, You’ll be released in an hour.” She explained, then left. I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, trying to gather my thoughts. The door opened again and Hockey and Zeek came in. Zeek looked much better, but his hair still seemed fried and the bags under his eyes were darker in the harsh lighting
“How ya feelin’, Eve?” Hock asked, putting his hand on mine.

“Better, not like I’m dying. Are you okay, Z?” All my attention was on the paler than usual, lanky kid slightly swaying on his old boot clad feet.

“Hm? Oh yeah, they had to pump my stomach though, made a scar. Now I can get all the girls at Warped with saying it was a bar fight,” We chuckled, but I was really worried. I didn’t think he looked this bad yesterday, during practise. He actually killed it with his vocals and was so hyped. After I put some plans and reminders in my phone for WT, we talked aimlessly and soon enough a nurse came in and unhooked me, reminding to take an easy, for which me and Zeek scoffed, but Hockey glared at us.

“Eve!” Ire ran over and picked me up, spinning in circles. Genie came and gave me hug, as did Jen and Bre. I caught Zeek sitting in one of the chairs, elbows on his knees and face in his hands. Gene noticed too and went over to kneel next to him. They exchanged whispers, and Genie came back looking somber.

“All right, G?” I asked cautiously, giving him a look. He just nodded and forced a smile, mumbling how we should probably practice. We all trailed down to the basement, and began like the whole hospital deal never happened. Zeek and Genie seemed to put more emotion into playing, especially during Staring Down Hell’s Path. I agreed to do the acoustic with Bre since I was feeling lively, it all went smoothly except for a few lyric slip-ups and only one wrong chord. When me and Bre finished it was around midnight so we stayed down in the studio to talk for a bit.

“So, girl talk. I kinda forgot how to do this.” I laughed.

“No kidding, we definitely need this before Warped though.” Bre said, turning on some My Chem and putting the volume on low.

“Yeah. I’m so glad Kevin let us hop-on so early. It seemed like a long shot.”

“I honestly thought he was going to say no,” she replied, “Since the list was pretty long and we have a pretty dedicated fan base.”

“Speaking of which, did you guys explain what happened to me and Z?”

“Yeah, Gene came on facebook and made this long, cute spiel on how it was just bad luck but we were still playing, Kevin actually called to make sure everything was fine.”

“That’s cool- wait, ‘long, cute spiel’, Bre?” I shot her a questioning look, she blushed and fumbled with her hoodie.

“Oh christ, Breannah.” I groaned, stretching out on the couch.
“I’m sorry, he’s just so nice and sweet, way different than Joseph. But a better different.” Bre admitted, sighing.

“You want my advice? Go for it. You’re right, Genie is nice, so even if you break up he will still be cool.” I said honestly, knowing she wanted some acceptance. They were only a year apart and it wouldn’t kill the guys if they hooked up.

“Thanks Eve. That really means a lot that you’re okay with it... Do you like anyone in the band?” I hesitated, truly thinking about it.

“Well, not really. I mean I’m just really worried about Zeek. He looks so sick and it’s killing me.”

“That’s sweet, Evelyn. Zeek needs someone to be there for him after Fate tore him up.” Ugh, just the vague mentioning of Z’s ex, Fate, pisses me off.

“Don’t even let me start on that bitch. It’s been months but I still can’t forgive her.”

“Zeek did.” She said suddenly. I looked at her surprised.

“You’re shitting me? They still talk?!”

“Um, yeah. I think, I heard him on the phone with her yesterday.”

“That’s bull.” I spat, hurt. Fate basically drained him of his savings, not to mention cheated.

“I warned him, but I guess Zeek knows what he’s doing.”

“He better careful.” I said, ending the conversation. ‘I would be there to pick up the pieces, though’ I added in my mind, biting my lip at the thought of Z getting all depressed and shitty at his job again.

“Yeah, I’m going upstairs to sleep. Night, Eve.” Bre pulled herself off of the couch and up the carpeted steps. I sighed deeply and turned my attention to ‘Mama’ by MCR that was playing from the stereo. Sleep soon crashed onto me and I was under in minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's short, I'm sorry but it's all I could think of. please comment, subscribe, etc. [heart]