Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Resting Place

Mia ate her breakfast in silence as Claire and Jake had already left. She was just cleaning up when the bell rang. She ran to the door, her heart taking an ever so slight increase in its pace at the anticipation of what she will see on opening the door. She thought of her devil and a smile crept up on her face, bringing some color to her cheeks. She had no idea what was going on her with her lately.

In spite of all the circumstances, she was getting excited about seeing the man who fed on her blood. She let out a sigh when the door revealed Stefan, smiling up at her. “Hey there. How are you doing today?” he inquired in a cheerful tone. “Better,” she said with a shrug but the smile remained on her face, “Would you like…” “No, I think we should hit the road. Damon didn't talk last night and I have no idea what’s going on in that head of his and,” he raised his eyebrows. “I’m sure, I’m just as impatient as you are, to know the answers.” Mia gave him a tight smile and a nod but her mind returned to the classroom where Enrique had all the answers, always.

She shook her mind off these wandering thoughts to focus on now. She walked behind Stefan to the car where her devil stood, leaning against it looking as handsome as ever, his piercing blue eyes taking her in. unable to tear her eyes from him, Mia studied his profile but was interrupted, “Please, don’t mind him.” Mia’s eyes jerked to Stefan’s, her breath caught in her throat. “He’s having one of those days when he’s just pissed off and is lot more annoying.” Stefan explained and Mia gave out a shaky laugh, “I think I can manage,” she replied.

“Would you both stop talking like I’m not here?” Damon retorted. Mia was reminded of him feeding on her and how velvety his voice sounded when he told her she wouldn't feel anything but she mentally shook herself and conjured up the image of Damon who was nice and understanding. The one who made her feel safe, the one who was sorry for his act, the one whose eyes apologized to her last night and she suddenly felt better.

"Told ya,” Stefan whispered in her ear and Mia jumped back in surprise and then laughed at her own weirdness. Damon rolled his eyes at Stefan’s comment and determinedly took a step forward, taking Mia’s small hand in his gentle yet secure grasp stunning Stefan into silence and sending a surge of electricity to run through Mia’s body. Bringing her hand to his lips, he placed a gentle teasing kiss on her knuckles, “Good morning to you too,” he smirked and let go of her hand which went to her side with swift speed, heavy from the sensations of the sweet, innocent kiss.

Mia smiled up at him, her eyes sparkling. “Well, that was not annoying. It was more of a gentleman…behavior.” Stefan raised his eyes to question her sanity but she ignored it, “Though we all do know, the um…your capabilities.” She said to Damon, effectively reminding him of his feast but then regretted it. If she thought more about it, she would run away, she had to picture the good things. So, she again recalled the good parts of Damon.

Damon himself was recovering from her comment when she abruptly turned, facing Damon with wide eyes, “How old are you?” “Oh. You don’t ask questions like that.” Stefan said from other side. Damon looked carefully at Mia before answering the question, “171, give or take.” Mia gasped while Stefan chuckled at her expression. Damon shook his head and came to stop at the driver’s seat. “And when were you…uh, turned?” This time Stefan spoke, “1864, during the civil war,” he looked over at Damon and then Mia, “Both of us.”

“Where to?” Damon asked Mia who was settling in her seat, wearing seat belt. She looked out and pointed towards the farther right corner. She came to realize she had no idea where she woke up but somehow, she knew. How? She couldn't place it, but she did and that was the thing that mattered.

She was looking outside the window at the blue sky, lost in thought until she noticed the bright sun. She jumped around to see Stefan at the back seat, “Why are you not sparkling?” Damon scoffed and Mia’s eyes found his and she laughed, imagining the absurdity of the mental image of Damon shining. Damon narrowed his eyes at her but she continued with a grin, “or burn or turn into ash or whatever the thing that happens…” she looked at them both skeptically, “if something happens, that is.”

Damon wiggled his fingers showing the ring that was placed on his finger, “This is a daylight ring, made exclusively by witches with their voodoo crap for the fittest vampires,” he smirked. Stefan rested his arms on the shoulder of the front seat, “Yes. But that voodoo crap,” he gestured in the air, “is what’s keeping you from burning in the sun.” “Ok. So, that’s all true except the fittest vampire part, right?” Mia raised her eyebrow and looked pointedly at Damon. “Did you take some energy drink or is my blood still in effect?” Mia sighed and relaxed back in her seat. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, “No it’s just that I feel like myself, after a long time, that’s all,” she smiled sincerely.

“That’s it,” she all but shouted as her index finger pointed towards the side of road. Damon was out of the car, the second it stopped. “Another perk of being a vampire, huh?” Mia questioned, she still didn't understand how calm she was about it and joke about it but right now as long she was feeling better than she had for almost 2 weeks now, she cherished it. Mia came forward to stand beside the brothers but they were both staring at the area in disbelief.

“Are you sure, that’s the place?” Stefan asked in wonder. Mia was about to comment on that but her body tensed when she heard Damon’s voice, so quiet, it barely reached her ears, “No wonder, she can’t remember.” “What do you mean?” Mia followed Damon a little deeper in the woods to the exact place she woke up at, “How did you…” she looked at him but his expression was lost. Mia leaned her head forward, as if she would hear his thoughts, which was something she very much wanted, especially right now. when he didn't respond, she followed his line of vision and took a step back.

Mia dropped on her knees as if in a trance, her fingers clawing the soil. Stefan was at her side at once, placing his hands on both her shoulders, trying to provide her with much needed comfort. He didn't know if she realized what had happened but the way she looked, he knew telling her would probably cause a problem. “The miracle of cure.” Damon whispered.

The sharpness in Stefan’s eyes was harsh and cold, “Not now,” he hissed through clenched teeth and Mia slowly raised her eyes to Damon, “What cure?” she whispered, her brows knitted in confusion. Damon eyed Stefan warily and Mia turned her attention back to what had captured it before, her eyes fixed on the object lying in the dirt, almost calling to her. “It’s not just a cure…it reverses death.” Stefan murmured.

Mia’s eyes widened, her lips parted to accommodate the needed oxygen but she made no voice. The pull towards the object increased and it piqued her curiosity.

“Reverse death as in turn the vampire into human again, not the immortal to mortal conversion,” Damon pursed his lips together, his forehead furrowed. “It’s the same thing.” Stefan remarked. “Yes. In case of vampirism it is. But not with Silas, he’s just an immortal whose weakness, we thought was only this damn cure as it will turn him to mortal,” He paused and looked at Mia and the place she woke up at, “What did he want with something that brings back dead?” he asked, almost talking to himself in contemplation.

Mia was oblivious to all as she stood up and reached her object of fascination in two long strides, before picking it up. As her skin touched the cool stone, it started to glow, going from faint to a brighter shade, sending tingles to Mia’s body till every hair on her body stood with excitement and fear of unknown. She gasped loudly before she was plunged into darkness and then, the blankness consumed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader!
Thanks for reading !!