Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Trust A Few

Damon has never been that scared than the moment he heard Mia’s painful intake of air. Not when at so many places, he thought he had lost Elena or Stefan or even Katherine the day she was taken away. Her collapsing on the ground was a heart wrenching site and as much as he tried, he couldn't shake the image out of his mind.

He didn't know why, lately he didn't know any reason for his acts but this girl, that laid on the couch in his mansion unconscious, she was something else, something different, something special and she made him care like no one else, probably because she had that innocent vibe to her and now he knew the truth too, which was painful to all of them.

Damon didn't want to see any of them at the time but Saint Stefan had to explain the things to his girlfriend and her friends who were good at nothing, except maybe Bonnie. Damon noticed that Bonnie seemed a little uncomfortable standing there, since her arrival but his curiosity piqued Stefan asked her to get the necklace which was covered in dried mud except the stone and help them.

“Okay. That’s it, witch. What are you hiding?” he asked impatiently tapping the glass of bourbon in his hand. Everybody’s attention turned to Bonnie as she kept playing with her fingers. “Either you speak or I’ll rip you apart,” he threatened in his low deep voice. “It’s nothing,” she said, her eyes still staring at the ground. “The hell it isn't!” his voice now roared in the room and Elena flinched as she took a step towards Bonnie, “Is this about the Pierce thing, we discussed last night?”

“What Pierce thing?” Damon tilted his head, his voice deep but calm. “She’s a Pierce,” Bonnie started, “her name is Mia Pierce.” “Just like Katherine Pierce,” Caroline interjected. “She doesn't seem like Katherine,” Stefan announced in a final tone. “Yes, but she could be, if the memories are restored,” Elena argued, “We can’t trust her, Stefan. We shouldn't.” “But she needs someone. She don’t have her memory. We should help her,” he argued back and turned towards Bonnie, “Please, see what the necklace did to her.” Bonnie nodded, I’ll take it home, clean it and then…um, let you know what I find,” she said and turned to leave. “But what if this is all a facade to, I don’t know…” Caroline threw up her hands exasperation, “like, I don’t remember anything but I’m planning to do something without you knowing and you’re all about to be shocked.”

“Ok, ok. Fine, we’ll go to Isobel’s research again and see what we can find,” Stefan said with a sigh. “It’s no use. I’ve read the Petrova journal, it doesn't say anything and she’s doesn't look like the doppelgänger or something,” “But she’s a Pierce.” Caroline stressed. “We’ll just go and look for it, ok?” Stefan said, hoping to calm the situation.

Damon with his over whelming feelings and emotions wanted out but he couldn't just leave her like this. “I’ll go with you,” Elena said, “and Damon and Caroline can both stay with Mia.”

“No can do, girl. I…” Caroline’s brows danced as she squeaked, “I have a date night planned with Tyler.” “Go ahead you all. Thank the stars, you have a wonderful baby-sitter,” Damon smirked annoyingly but his eyes remained serious and unfocused.

After they all left, Damon seated himself on a chair beside Mia’s couch, watching her, memorizing the planes and shape of her face as she put a trance on him and pulled him closer. He couldn't believe what he had found. She was killed; if not for the mistake of dropping the cure that night, he would never have seen her.

Maybe, what they say is true, that everything does happen for good, for reason. After the sickening time since he lost the cure, sitting there, looking at her, he wasn't sorry. He wasn't mad either, instead he felt at peace with the knowledge that the same thing had given life to Mia, the girl who dragged him back from edge when he was about to turn it off, without the slightest amount of effort on her part, without even having an idea of what she had done.

Unable to stop himself, he reached out to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear, letting the soft silk torture his fingers which slowly made its way to her cheeks, the soft creamy texture was exactly what he had imagined. He gently placed his hand there, resting on her face, taking advantage of her unconscious state. It was weird, seeing how he had known her for just a day only, yet she elicited such emotions within him. It was uncanny but he didn't care. After everything he’d been through, he still didn't understood it but for the moment he didn't want to. He would cross that bridge again when he’ll get there. For now, he just wanted to enjoy the ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update !!!
Enjoy reading!!