Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Death Clock

The cool touch on her cheek was like an electric shock to her. Her heart jump started, taking a new rhythm. She was being pulled out from the blackness. She wanted to be out of that darkness to see the stimulant that initiated to lift off the heavy fog. She was almost there, all she had to do was open her eyes, but before she could, an invisible force pulled her in. plunging her into another reality or world which she may have created to be away from the pain of the lost memories.

She stood in the bright sunny morning, looking at the tree in front of her, sadness evident in her eyes. “I don’t want to leave,” she mumbled, “Will we ever come back?” “I don’t know, maybe.”

A voice came from behind and she turned to face her mother looking down at her with compassion and love in her eyes. “Will I never see my friends again?” she lowered her eyes to avoid the tears from spilling over. “Maya. Maya,” her mother chided in a soft and gentle voice. She shook her head and reached out to wipe the tears that had started to fall. “By friends, you mean Enrique?” she said matter of factly and Maya nodded. “But he promised to come and see us soon now, didn’t he?” She nodded again.

“Well then, there is nothing to worry about now, is there?” Maya shook her head slowly and wiped the tears with the back of her hand and looked up at her mother and smiled. “I wish I could stay,” she said in a small voice. Her mother’s face turned very serious but she gave a casual shrug, “Be careful with what you wish for.”


Mia wanted to see more but the dark tunnel was taking her somewhere else now. She hoped it was the real world this time but the surrounding didn't seem like it. She tried to move away from it but her body was disconnected. She couldn't make it to move, yet she tries but to no avail. The light was near now, as another scene unfolded in front of her.

The same girl with pretty chocolate brown eyes and hair to match them perfectly walked out of the store with bags in her hand. It was funny how the hands of a twelve year old handled the bags with such maturity. She was humming a song to herself, when she saw a moving shadow which disappeared behind a car that frightened her.

She increased her pace. “Maya! Stop!” Maya couldn’t comprehend anything as the screechy noise pierced her ears a second before she felt the stinging pain when the car collided with her, hitting her hard, sending her flying off to the side of the road. The pain intensified as her head hit the pavement and knocked the breath out of her. “Maya, no. No, no, Maya.” She could hear her mother frantically calling out for her. She wanted to open her eyes and comfort her but everything was getting heavier, so much so she couldn’t move.

“Someone call an ambulance. Please, Maya. Open your eyes, angel.” Her mother was in panic, seeing her daughter, seeing the life drain out of her body as it became limp. “Princess, please. Wake up.” She was going deeper into the cold water, she tries to get out, struggling and gasping for breath but no luck. She wanted to hold onto the voice that calmed her, her mother whose love engulfed her but her fall was becoming rapid until she could see nothing, hear nothing. She was gone.

She didn’t know how long she stayed like that but a ray of light grasped her attention. Sensing warmth from the light, she followed it and soon was standing in a room filled with brilliant white light. She noticed a dark figure leaning against a wall. Not understanding anything, she tilted her head to a side, “Who are you?” she scanned the room, “Where am I? What’s going on?” she asked but got no answer. She couldn’t remember much except the pain she felt before and the coldness. “Am I dead?” she squeaked.

“No,” the figure shook his head, “you’re not. I don’t think you can be.” “Why?” she squared her shoulders, “Am I immortal, like you know the people who live forever?” “No, you’re not that but I can’t take you away. If it was someone else with the extent of damage you faced, well,” he shrugged, “You’re different. I can’t take you,” he sighed, “though I wish I could, it could save you from a lot of things.” It seemed like he wanted to say much more but something stopped him. Maya however, was not the kind who adhered to orders well.

“Why? Who are you?” she persisted. “I’m not at liberty to tell you that,” he replied in a tight tone. “If you can’t tell me who you are, then who will,” she screamed at him, “why are you even here?” “To assure you,” he shrugged. “What?” she crossed her arms on her chest. Maya raised her brow and tried her best to look powerful and dominant, that was as much a twelve year old could muster up, “Assure me what?” The figure smiled and shook his head, “You’re strong and brave,” he said like he approved of the traits in her, “by the way, I’m here to assure you that everything happens for a reason and it’s all going to be fine.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” she asked confused. “You’ll know when it’s time,” and with that he disappeared before her eyes. The light was fading away when she heard his voice again, “We’ll always be watching. Time will come.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update but I tried to compensate by giving two.
Hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you're liking it so far.
Do subscribe and comment. Love.