Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Enchanted

“What did you find, witch?” He asked in his typical tone which Mia had forgotten after her nightmare episode. She realized that he regarded her with care and respect which was unfamiliar with all others. The thought made her smile. God, she was smiling to herself a lot now and it must look idiotic, she thought. She pulled herself from his embrace, almost hesitantly and straightened herself.

“Well, for one, the necklace is enchanted. There is some kind of protection charm on it,” Bonnie explained in a level voice at the other end of line. “Hmm…well it doesn't do a very good job at protecting then. A lame voodoo spell.”

Damon eyed Mia while talking, her confused expression and big doe eyes were too adorable. “Yeah, that’s not it. The necklace also has some sort of identification spell on it,” she paused, “as it identifies the person it belongs to. I cleaned it and it was all fine but after that when I touched it, it actually and I mean literally burnt my hand, “Bonnie raised her brows, “which is way too weird. I mean I’m a witch. It’s weird,” she exhaled. Identification, it meant that the necklace identified Mia, whatever she was, it belonged to her.

“Well, since we’ve established that Mia’s the owner. I think we should ask her to take it again.” Mia’s brows knitted together as she mouthed, “Take what?” but Damon merely shook his head at her. “No,” Bonnie protested, “Now that she has finally recovered, I don’t think that,” she stopped in mid-sentence and waited a beat before asking, “Is she up yet?” “Yes, she is and she feels better and…she doesn't remember anything,” he said which was not entirely true as she remembered more than she did since she woke up. “Oh. That’s ok. I hope she gets better. Look Damon, I’ll come first thing in the morning but let her rest now. She needs it,” she said and hung up the phone before he could say anything.

And just as abruptly, Mia was standing before him, so close he could feel the heat coming off her body and her perfect scent that was so Mia, a rich blend of honey milk in lavender and citrus giving off a sense of her sweet and sour personality sent his emotions into over drive. Mia too was not standing there unaffected, yet she couldn't command her body to move. The expression on his face, knocked the breath out of her, his proximity making her sane side switch off. His hand came to rest on her face and her body surged with warmth and peace. Damon wanted control of the situation before it got out of hand but he didn't get an upper hand as haunting brown eyes stared right at him, forcing him to look her way.

It was like a compulsion. He understood now, how it felt like to be compelled. Mia let out a small gasp as their eyes met, blue to brown and she unintentionally took a step closer, trying to close off the distance between them. His eyes flickered to her lips, reminding him of the moment she licked them in nervousness and he felt an odd hunger, which was most definitely not for blood.

The small gesture sent a shiver to run through Mia’s body, which all of a sudden alerted Damon and brought him back to earth. He looked up at her and with wide eyes took a step back. As if released from an enchanting spell, Mia broke the connection and turned her back towards Damon, her hand clutching her shirt so tight, it seemed she was trying to force her heart to stop beating in the way which was becoming all too familiar in Damon’s presence.

Damon now stood in the farthest corner, his eyes staring hard at Mia’s turned back, his breathing hard. He didn't know what to think except he couldn't do it, he wouldn't do it. He didn't felt like this, it was not him. He was a monster, the evil one of the two brothers, the selfish one while she was the polar opposite of that with pure and white radiance.

He was everything she didn't deserve, yet she didn't shrink away when he preyed on her, she wasn't afraid of him or the monster and she made him feel different, a safe haven, a protector and most of all the thing he silently craved for; acceptance. And that was the thing that made her different and he didn't like it.

“I should call Claire,” Mia’s voice filled the room in an attempt to lift off the thick air that surrounded them, making it hard to breath. True, she had no memory but she was sure, she never felt that way before. She also knew that she couldn't acknowledge it, well not at least until she finds Enrique and make sure of his position in her life. She wouldn't do that to herself, or Damon or Enrique for that matter.

“I think you should stay the night.” Mia turned to look at him. “Here, at least for tonight,” he finished. Mia looked at him for moment, deciding, “Hmm…but I need to tell her. She would be worrying.” Damon nodded in understanding, motioning her with his eyes towards the stair, “I’ll…uh show you to your room.” “What did Bonnie said?” “Nothing much, actually. We’ll find it out tomorrow. Take some rest.” “Thank you,” she said sincerely and there it was, making his heart jump and squeeze at the same time, making him happy and worried at the same time.

“You’ll ruin me if you keep saying that,” he smirked and turned to leave. Mia stood there, eagerly waiting for the next day. She'll know the truth about the necklace for sure and Damon. Ugh...she didn't even know what to think about him anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do comment and subscribe.
It would mean a lot.
Thank you. Happy Reading.