Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Revelations

Mia walked through the cobblestone pavement to the front door, very much aware of Klaus walking beside her, almost a feet behind. Klaus opened the door to the mansion and invited her in by sweeping his arm. The gesture made Mia wonder his age. She smiled at him and took a step a forward, entering the house.

The mansion was classic and elegant with a dark vibe to it. “It’s beautiful,” she whispered, surprised at the tone of her voice. Was she scared or was it the place where she felt that speaking loudly will wake up some kind of ghosts residing there. She wasn't sure but she took a look around her surroundings like she admired it.

“Thanks to me and my family,” he replied with a smile and Mia felt she was missing some kind of inside joke but she brushed that feeling away. “Hmm…so,” she turned to face him, “how long have you been a vampire?”

He gave her the smile again and she frowned at him. “Look, if you’re just gonna stand there with that silly smile,” she gestured in the air with her hands in an exasperated manner, “and look pretty. I don’t think we can make much advancement in the me gaining knowledge area,” she said, irritated.

He laughed now but then sobered under her death glare. “I've been a vampire since there have been vampires.” “What do you mean?” she asked with her eyebrows raised as she took a step forward. “You say that a lot, don’t you?” Klaus asked with a smirk.

Mia pursed her lips together, her brows knitted. She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Klaus with a motion of his finger, “I’m one of the Original vampires. We were…uh, created and not made as in, you know, drinking vampire blood and dying and then feeding on human blood. It’s a pathetic procedure if you ask me and a whole lot of complicated.”

Mia nodded to him, motioning him to continue. “My mother was a witch and to keep her family forever, she casted a spell on us making us immortal but we found out later that we do need blood to survive. You still with me?” he asked, seeing her lost expression. Mia snapped out of her thoughts and nodded quickly, “Yeah, I’m here. Please, go on.” He gave her a small smile and continued with his family history, telling her of curse and him being a hybrid.

He then reached the part where his father found that he was in actual not Klaus’ real father and how angry he got. Klaus told her how his father made his life miserable and living hell and how her mother never bothered to stop him. “That’s where you come in, actually,” he said and Mia stood up from the seat.

Klaus handed her champagne but she politely refused, “I don’t…uh, drink.” “Then what would you like?” he asked sincerely or maybe it was the serious mood in the given situation that he was telling. “Water will be fine, thank you,” she said and he obliged. “When you it’s where I come in. it’s not actually me, right?” she sounded stupid even to herself, no wonder he was chuckling now.

“No, I mean a girl, a beautiful lady actually. She wore the same necklace as yours. I first saw her in the woods when I was human. Her necklace was crystal and transparent. However, when she appeared later, it had the same color and shade as yours right now.” Mia looked at her necklace, touching and observing it.

“Her name was Victoria Ariel Markowitz. She was a beautiful sight and I couldn't stop but go to her. She told me that in the woods where we first met. She also said that in the Markowitz family, every girl’s maiden name was to be Ariel because it was important. So was Markowitz but Ariel held some special meaning which she herself was not aware of at that time. The main thing, however was that it burnt my hand when I touched it.”

He smiled at the memory, “It was a painful sensation and left a mark on my hand. She told me it did the same to her sisters though it was not of the same magnitude as mine was...but it accepted her. Her parents were very happy and proud and she felt really special and all that,” he told her in exasperation.

“What happened then? What was the necklace for?” she asked curious to know its worth and meaning, its job. “She came back with her boyfriend few years later. He was also a weird specie…” “Weird specie?” Mia shook her head in confusion. “He was a hunter, “he looked at Mia, “a vampire hunter.”

Mia took a long sip of water and took a deep breath. “It’s a horror story,” she murmured and Klaus scoffed, “On the contrary actually. It’s all very pure and divine,” he smirked. Mia scoffed, “Pure and divine?” she said in a mocking tone.

“Oh yes, Mia. You have no idea. You see, I heard her little talk with my mother,” he paused and flashed his eyebrows. “Apparently, she was there on a duty to stop my father from killing off my biological father.”

“Why was that important?” she questioned. “Ah! I did tell you about me being a hybrid, right?” he asked as if testing a student to how much had she learned in a class. She nodded and then her face lit up in realization, “Mikael was a vampire and your biological father was a werewolf,” she smiled, “the mortal enemies,” she finished, feeling proud of herself.

“That’s quite right. However, they were not mortal enemies, yet.” Mia’s sharp intake of breath stopped Klaus from continuing. She looked around with wide eyes, her mouth slightly open, “But their whole species would've turned against each other if your father was killed,” she finished the thought for him. “Oh, yes. The smart one,” he complimented.

Mia was now pacing in the room, “But she failed,” she turned sharply to look at Klaus, “Because they are enemies, right?” “Hmm…I suppose,” was only Klaus’ short reply.

“But why her? What was so special about her? Why was it her job?” Mia asked trying to understand Victoria and her motives, the working of necklace. A huge grin was plastered on Klaus’ face now. “Because she was a guardian,” he offered. “A guardian?” “Yes. The Earth’s guardian and all that crap sort of thing...An angel," he shrugged.

Mia’s eyes widened, she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. “The wearer of the necklace is an angel whose job is to protect, of course,” he said as if trying to prove a point and Mia crashed on the floor, not wanting to believe what she heard. But Klaus still continued with it, “Her job was to make sure my father lives. My biological and...” he paused and shrugged, “both actually. She had some powers to accomplish that.”

“Angel?” she whispered and looked at Klaus. “It’s not right…I…I’m just. An angel?” she mumbled, “are they even real?” she stuttered. He shrugged casually and put the glass of champagne on the table. Looking hard at the bottle, he said, “She was real, and a whole lot more beautiful than you, if you don’t mind.”

Mia shook her head and stood up, taking the support from the wall by leaning against it. “I don’t have powers. Maybe, it’s not me.” “Hmm, I’m not an expert at it. Just telling you what I know. I don’t know much of her powers either. Just her blood was sacred.” “What does that mean?” “You know it irritates me to death when you ask that question but it means death for whoever drinks it or tastes it,” he spoke in a defined irritated tone.

“Ironic,” she said with her eyebrows raised and let out a sigh of relief, “Well, I’m sure now that it’s not me. I’m glad actually. It’s not like some destiny fulfillment and prophecy completion. I have enough drama in my life as it is. I don’t need this angel thing.”

“How are you so sure?” he challenged. Mia hands played with the buttons on her shirt as she stalled but seeing no harm in it, she answered, “Damon took it and…he’s still alive.”

“Sweet,” he replied and anger flared in Mia’s eyes. Its reason unknown but she turned to the door with clenched fists and deep breaths. Klaus let her go, without even looking back at her as he made his way upstairs. “Thank you,” her voice came before the door shut with a click.

Her vision got blur with the tears that had started to form but she tries to stay composed and in control but with the truth like that, how could she? She wanted out, to go far away and leave it all behind but somehow, she knew it would chase her. In the same way, it had chased her whole her life. She walked aimlessly into the forest, her thoughts in a spin. Her head throbbed making her dizzy but she kept on with no destination in mind. She was after all a girl with no memories, but a bitter past, all alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. That would be great.
Thanks for reading. Thank you.