Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Lost...

Damon thought as annoying as it was to talk to the vampire Barbie, it was a safer choice with Meredith standing at his face asking questions. So, he decided to go for the safer option.

“In a really sour mood right now. Don’t say anything to officially piss me off,” he greeted her with a smirk. “Oh. I don’t know, it’s about Mia,” she said in an irritated tone. It wasn't like he was her favorite person on the planet.

The smirk was wiped off his face as he turned serious, “Speak, Caroline,” he almost hissed. “Oh. So, we’re on the first name basis now,” she couldn't stop herself from retorting.

“Don’t make me come and…” Caroline scoffed at his threatening tone. It didn't work on her anymore, well…mostly it didn't and then she remembered the reason of her call.

She cleared her throat, “Uh…don’t be mad but Tyler saw Mia with Klaus. He just came to school and told me,” she said in monotone and exhaled a breath. “Klaus? Are you freakin’ kidding me?” he hissed. Yep, this was the time she was scared of his menacing voice. Good it wasn't directed towards her. “Where’s Tyler?”

“Umm…with me.” “With you! Seriously? Where was he taking her?” “I…I don’t really know,” she forced the words out. Damon sighed loudly and Caroline clenched her eyes shut, expecting to hear his thundering voice but it never came, instead when he spoke it was calm and carefully controlled, “Whatever. Tell Stefan to ditch his not-ever-doing-good-to-him class and find her,” he ordered.

“Okay,” she said in a small voice and hung up.

Damon had reached the mansion by now. He stormed towards the door and banged it continuously. Klaus opened the door with an amused expression, his eyes gleaming with unreadable emotions. “Looking for something,” he paused and raised his eyebrows, “or someone?”

“Where is she?” Damon hissed, trying to walk past him into the house but Klaus stopped him a hand on his chest.

“Let’s discuss and make a deal. Shall we?” he continued without bothering to wait for Damon’s reply. “The location of my sister in exchange for the precious little angel,” he offered in a hostile manner accompanied with a casual shrug, that was so Klaus.

Damon clenched his hands in tight fists at his side as he stepped towards Klaus to look him in the eye, “Look buddy! You don’t get to stay in the town and constantly go for the people I care about. You have done enough damage with Stefan and Elena. I will not allow you to go after Mia now. Believe me it’s a very bad move. So, you better tell me where the hell she is cuz I sure as hell don’t know about your damn sister,” he spat the words at him and took a step back.He inhaled deeply, trying to calm himself down before he got out of control and take on the Original.

Klaus chuckled, “Touchy, are we?” he mocked. “I hate you as it is, Klaus. Don’t give me another incentive to add to the list of all-the-good-reasons to rip your heart out.”

Now, it was Klaus who took a step towards Damon with the same menacing look in his eyes and hard set jaw. “I am pretty sure, you know that I have the upper hand here, Damon. You wanna see your girl alive, tell me where’s Rebekah,” he said in the same tone that Damon has used on him few minutes ago.

Damon’s heart felt heavy when he said ‘your girl’. He never had any girl, it was a 'Damon' thing. It was like the whole world was set against it and tried constantly to make his life miserable but…Mia needed him and God help him, he’ll take out anyone who tried to keep her away from him.

He knew now that with Klaus, you have to give whatever he asked, “I told you already, I don’t know about her whereabouts. Plus, she’s above eighteen…the legal age. I’m sure she can take care of herself,” he smirked but then turned serious again, seeing Klaus. He sighed and continued, “She wasn't with us at the end. We took the…I took the cure and met with Elena and Stefan here but Blondie wasn't with me…or us,” he finished.

“I would love to say I don’t believe you but I know you’re telling the truth,” Klaus said with a straight face. Damon’s eyebrow’s knitted together before rising up in confusion. Klaus snorted, “You’re desperate, Damon. You want to know if the angel’s fine and of course, ‘her whereabouts’,” he emphasized on the last word.

“Would you stop calling her that?” Damon almost screamed the words at him. Klaus regarded him seriously for a moment, “Would you stop calling yourself a monstrous murderer vampire?”

“Look who’s talking?” Damon retorted but Klaus ignored it all together and continued, “So, why stop calling an angel, an angel when she’s definitely that?” he smirked and Damon felt out of the loop. “Where is she?” he asked impatiently.

Klaus flashed his charming yet, evil smile, “She left a few minutes ago,” Damon opened his mouth to say something but Klaus cut him off and raised his hands in surrender, “Unhurt. Physically…yes but can’t say about the emotional damage. She might be a little unstable right now.”

“What did you do to her?” Damon growled at him. “I did you a favor. She may need a comforting shoulder to cry on,” he smirked at him. “I can’t deal with your crap right now.” Damon mumbled and disappeared leaving behind a very amused Klaus.

Meanwhile, Mia walked through the forest, unconscious of her surroundings, thinking hard about the Klaus’ revelations. It was just like her dreams. She knew deep down what the truth was yet, she picked small and minute reasons to reject them, to find simplicity and normalcy in her life.

She ignored them in hope that she would wake up from a bad dream and be just the Mia she was and that dying and coming back was a part of the extended version of the same nightmare but there it was, another thing that nagged her mind. But then she was the one who craved for answers and when she got it, she would try to block out everything.

She didn't know. She didn't remember what she was. If she only had her memories, maybe she would have been able to figure out everything herself.

She thought back upon the figure she saw in her memory, the one who said she couldn't die, the one who said he couldn't take her away, the one who said they will always be watching. Who were they? Were they still watching her?

She looked around in the forest and then towards the sky, freaked out that someone was always watching her. When her eyes didn't catch anything in the greenery, tree trunks covered in moss, her heart calmed a little.

She sat against a tree trunk and took deep breaths. If he said she couldn't die, then why did she? Why did he take her next time? Was losing her memory a habit of hers? She lost it before taking on the identity of Mia Pierce rather than Maya Markowitz and now again, she had nothing.

Will after a few months, she would lose it again? Would she forget her friends, Bonnie, Stefan, Matt, Elena, Caroline…Damon? Needles pricked her heart at that thought, at the mention of his name. How happy she was that she would see him today after so long but her life always took the sharper, meaner turns.

Then another thought hit her with full force, knocking the breath out of her. She had forgotten Enrique…who obviously meant something to her. Would it be the same with Damon? Would she forget him someday? Would she forget the way he made her feel? The way he held her and comforted her?

The thought was painful, making it hard for her to breathe but was easy to believe. Seeing how easily she had forgotten Enrique, maybe…maybe if she met him again, she would remember, maybe he would make her remember which made her think again...Was he looking for her? Missing her? Would he have moved on? She didn't know what she wanted, if she wanted to see him, if she wanted him to have moved on? Could it be that she was an angel? Sent for some task, to fulfill her destiny? If so, what was it?

All the questions invaded her mind, taking away the feeling of peace, if she had any, only to fill it with turmoil, confusion and pain. She didn't want to feel anything. She wanted to be free of everything. She wanted to be normal. She wanted peace and comfort and love but all she got was the opposite of what she wanted and for that reason alone, she wanted numb. But did she ever got what she wanted?