Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Fight

Mia pulled over her car at the side of the road when she saw a swerving car, making a screeching stop at the opposite side. She quickly pushed open her door, hoping the person was alright.

She crossed the road and rushed towards the car, adrenaline pumping through her veins as if preparing her to witness something she couldn’t take in easily. It wasn’t until she reached the side of the car that she saw his face, hidden in the crook of the girl’s neck as she leaned back to take support from the car. Her eyes bulging out in pain, but no voice escaped her lips.

“Damon! Stop! You’re hurting her,” she screamed.

Damon was oblivious to all but the warm blood that trickled down his throat. It had been so long now, that he had taken it from the vein. He reveled in the feeling it brought, pure pleasure.

He should have done this forever ago, he thought. This was his true nature, his true self. No matter what Mia said, he was a murderer and he relished it, especially now when it was the only way to keep Mia from his thoughts but to no avail.

She still crept into his mind. Everything good and wonderful about her, the way she tucked her hair behind her ear and the way she licked her lips when nervous. The way she looked whenever she tried so hard to focus on something, everything innocent and pure.

Then the final thought of her inevitable death entered his mind, twisting his insides. He held the girl tighter. Her pulse was weakening but he didn’t care. Nobody’s life mattered as long as his angel was not granted justice, as long as she was not given a chance at life.

“Damon!” He smiled at the familiar sound of her voice. She was calling for him.

Mia pushed at Damon’s shoulder, trying to pry him off the poor girl who looked almost dead. “You need to stop,” she said again and slowly everything started to register in his mind.

She was not an illusion. She was really standing there in body and flesh. She was looking at the girl and Damon’s eyes followed as he realized his doings. Mia looked at him, her eyes filled with fear and concern, “She’s dying, Damon. You have to help her,” she begged.

Damon looked at the girl and licked his lips. Mia saw the lust in them and she quickly stepped in front of the girl and pushed Damon away. “Stop,” she said in a stern voice. “I’m doing what you asked me to, Mia,” he said in a mocking tone, “I’m accepting it.”

His words hit Mia like a bucket of cold water. “I didn’t mean it like that,” she said in disbelief, furious that he was blaming her. “Sure, you did,” he smirked. “This is what I told you,” she asked incredulously, waving towards the girl, “I told you not to think of yourself as this….monster and be the man you are,” she paused, “I didn’t tell you to go kill someone,” she reasoned with him. “This is who I am, Mia. Stop fooling yourself,” he spatted.

“No,” her voice took a softer note, “you stop fooling yourself. This is not you, Damon and I know it. Stop pretending to be this…monster that you show yourself to be.” She took a step closer to him, “You’re my friend, Damon. You’re the one who help me and the one I trust, who listens to me and my everyday drama, the one who cares and is always there for me. You’re the one I rely on, Damon. That’s you,” she tried again to make him see it, “not this…killing murd…”

Damon took a step closer to Mia until she could feel his breath on her face, a shiver ran down her spine despite the circumstances they were in. His eyes flickered to her lips and Mia inhaled deeply. Leaning in towards her, he whispered, “You don’t know as much as you think you do, because you’re wrong.”

He took the arm of the girl from behind Mia and went for her throat again. Mia knew she had to stop him but had no idea what to say. His whispered words still stinging her. The only thing that came to her mind slipped out before she could catch it, “I saw Enrique tonight.”

The response was immediate as Damon turned from the girl to face her, his face changing back to its gorgeous self and his eyes becoming again the shade of blue she loved. He started at her in confusion, his eyes boring into hers as he searched for answers and the girl fell to the ground without his support.

“In my dream, today. He asked me to marry him,” she continued, her gaze turning to the night sky which she found more intriguing than ever. “Did you know me before we met at the party?” she asked, finding his eyes again.

“No,” he said in disbelief, not knowing how to continue further but he needed to know, “What was your answer, Mia? Let’s get this over with, shall we?” he said impatiently.

“Yes,” she said softly, unsure of herself. Damon’s eyes snapped up to meet hers. “Yes, we shall get over it or yes, was your answer to him?” he asked, his heart beat plummeted. “I said yes,” she averted her gaze to the ground, not knowing how to face him. The hurt she saw in his eyes in her dream squeezing her heart.

Damon’s expression became steely before he resumed his poker face. He was seething with anger, his heart twisting itself inside the cavity. He gave her a rigid nod, “I’m sick of putting up with those stories anyway,” he shrugged, “and those stupid memories,” he muttered more to himself than her.

Before that moment Mia had no idea how much pain mere words could inflict. Coming from someone else, they might not have made that impact but with Damon, it was different. It was so different, she could hardly comprehend it.

“What’s wrong with you?” she hissed at him. “Oh, this is me, alright,” he retorted. He took a cautious step towards her and extended his hand, “Here,” he opened his hand to reveal a piece of paper.

Mia looked at the paper in his hand to him, his eyes impassive. She tore her gaze from him, only to land on the paper again as she hesitantly took it. She shook her head in confusion, “What is…”

“Go to your soon to be husband and burden him with all your pathetic life stories from now on,” he held up both his hands as he took a step back, “I’m done here.”

Mia’s heart stopped at the sight of a name, Enrique and a number in a beautiful hand writing. “What…how, when did you get this?” she asked, her voice filled with disbelief, sadness, fear, curiosity and happiness.

“Doesn’t matter now, does it? You have it. Now go,” he said emotionless. “Damon, I…” she started but he cut her off, “Save it, Mia,” he said harshly, using a tone Mia wasn’t accustomed to hearing from him.

Mia took a step forward but he vanished. Just like that, he was gone. Mia couldn’t move from a spot for a moment. The pain she felt in her dream becoming very real. What was wrong with her? Why couldn’t she just be happy that she found a way to contact Enrique? Why does it felt like something had been snatched away from her? What was happening to her, she had no idea.

She turned to leave when she saw the girl who had been there the whole time and both Damon and she had been oblivious to it during their confrontation. She bent down quickly to stop the bleeding from her neck but felt nothing when she touched it.

“No,” she whispered as her hands hastily checked for her pulse, “No, no, no. Please,” she pleaded with the girl to wake up but to no avail.
He did it. He actually proved her wrong. He gave her a solid proof that he was right, that there was no pretentious act. That’s what he wanted. Suddenly, the night air felt chilly to her as if it was freezing her to bones.

A tear escaped her eye and she took comfort in the warmth it provided. “You won, Damon. You won,” she whispered into the dark night, cradling the girl in her arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the subs/recs/comments. They make my day. Keep'em coming.
Love you guys.