Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Perplexed Feelings

Damon sat under the side of the Wickery Bridge reflecting upon his actions. He knew he had hurt her, it was obvious in her eyes, the pain that he inflicted and he could relate, he had always faced that kind but it was important.

It was important not only for himself but also for her. He couldn’t let her get so close to him because he could never give or offer her anything that she deserved. Her time here was limited and he was not what she wanted, of that he was sure.

She needed to see that side of him. Now, he knew, all her opinions and views about him would change. She would stop seeing him as the light. He snorted at that thought. He knew he couldn’t stand the idea of her hating him forever but then again, it was necessary.

After hearing that she was engaged to that guy, the only person he hated without even knowing him…though that was always the case with him. He was judgmental that way but his gut-feeling never led him wrong.

It was always this way with him. He always lost the ones he cared about, his mother, Stefan, though he didn't lose him that way but they weren't like the brothers they used to be after they turned, Katherine, Rose, Elena and now this.

He always fell for wrong girl too, the one who would always chose someone else over him and he would never learn his lesson. First with Katherine, then Elena and now Mia.

Mia…her face and those pain filled eyes haunted him again but he resisted the urge to go to her, to apologize and hope that she’ll forgive him. He tried to replay the good images in his head, her smile, the way she laughed which was so rare but a wonderful sight, her deep clear eyes, her hair, the texture of her skin.

Thinking of all these things, his heart ached to see her, to touch her but he shook these thoughts off. Could he never find peace, he hurt whether he thought about the good things or bad.

Damon knew exactly what his feelings were regarding Mia but this time, he had to hold himself back. He had to go against them to survive and it brought another question. Is there a way to save her from dying? he thought.

Mia stumbled to her room and fell heavily on the chair at the study table in the corner of her room. She understood her faults in the steps she took. She wanted him to not think of himself as a monster and he did the opposite. He proved to her that he was one. He killed her in front of her very eyes.

Firstly, she tried to forget it ever happened along with him. To get over it and move on but she knew beforehand, no matter how much she tries, she wouldn't be able to do that. It wasn't the kill itself, she thought, it was the thought behind it.

He just wanted to prove her wrong and that didn't sounded like Damon she knew. Then again, maybe she didn't knew him that well, like he suggested. So, maybe he was right, the one she saw was the true him but her heart didn't accepted that reason, no matter how consistent her mind was.

There was another driver behind it, she thought. There had to be. He had not gone insane all of a sudden. He was there for her just in the evening at the forest and handled her carefully and lovingly as she was made of china or maybe, her constant breakdowns and crying sessions had turned him away.

As far as she knew, he was pretty straight forward to the point of being rude so, she knew if it was that he would've said so then but maybe she was so wrecked, he didn't wanted to say it but she was just as same afterwards.

Argghh…she groaned. Nothing made sense anymore. It was all so confusing. She didn't know what to think anymore. Everything was a blur anyway, behind the pain she felt.

The piece of paper in her pocket burnt her from guilt. She had the number of the guy she had fallen in love with, the one she was engaged to and here she was, crying over another man, her heart breaking every time she thought of his piercing words. The contempt and mocking in his tone ate away at her.

She stood up and kicked the chair in frustration. She headed for the bed, knowing she would never be able to get any sleep tonight but she didn't had it in herself to call Enrique.

At least not before she cleared things out with Damon or figure out the reason behind his actions. She would go to see him tomorrow, she knew that much. She wouldn't be able to stop herself even if she tried otherwise.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Castle Of Glass- Linkin Park- Damon's Song
*Save Me From Myself- Christina Aguilera- Mia's Song

I know it's short but I wanted to relay the way they felt and all. Hope you like it.
11 Subscribers! *squealing* I'm in love with you guys. <3
Comment and recommend. You guys are the best part of the day.