Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Probing Angels

Thinking hard about it, he was drained of all his energy. His whole body ached to turn around back to Mystic Falls, apologize to her, hold her, protect her but he also knew the results of these kind of things. They always ended up in pain, suffering, hurt and a thought that I shouldn’t have.

He parked the car at the side of the house and went for the front door. He waited a moment after knocking when it opened. “Damon Salvatore!” a girl greeted him with enthusiasm, “To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?” she smirked.

“Here for work, hottie. Not some…company,” he said annoyed as he stepped inside. “Name’s Vanessa,” she retorted. “Does it look like I give a damn?” he replied as he made his way to the shelf under the letter, ‘A’.

Vanessa leaned against the table and crossed her arms, “What are you looking for?” she asked impatiently. “Information…” he turned back to face her. “Wow,” she faked her surprise. Damon silenced her by holding his index finger, “on angels. Guardian angels,” he looked at her expectantly while she shook her head. “Nope. Nothing about it.”

“There has to be something,” he hissed. “No, we don’t have anything regarding that, though I heard about it from Isobel,” she jumped back to sit on the table as Damon advanced towards her. “Still, it was fallen and not guardian.”

“Fallen angels?” Damon looked at her questioningly. “Surely, you would have heard about them?” she mocked. “Speak Vanessa. Don’t make me get it out of you,” he threatened sweetly but her body tensed, her breathing got shallow as she swallowed hard.

Damon smirked at her fear and took a confident step forward. “You know, the fallen angels. The ones banished from heaven because they displeased The Deity in some way. There were no guardians among them as far as we know. There were The Watchers who were supposed to watch over humanity but they couldn't interfere that much.” she said.

“Isobel tried very hard to get information about this stuff but she never succeeded. It is also known that fallen angels don’t have bodies. They have to take someone else’s and dwell in them.” “You mean possession?” Damon inquired. She shook her head, “No, they can’t do that, I think. You know the human soul constantly fights them and they can’t stay. So, they usually take dead bodies and stay there,” she explained.

Damon thought about Mia. How she died and then woke up an angel. But she took the cure. It was the cure and not some fallen angel. If she were possessed, then she wouldn't have needed some cure. It didn't make any sense.

“What about the Guardian angels?” he asked. “I don’t know,” she shrugged, not sure what to make of it, “the guardians sound like protectors and fallen are more like bad ones. You know, evil angels and honestly, guardians don’t sound that evil.”

Damon nodded his head in agreement, “Definitely, not evil,” he mumbled. “Where did she find this information, Isobel?” he asked, hoping to find something useful. “The Samantha girl, you found about three weeks ago.”

Shock and surprise was written all over Damon’s face and he made no attempt to hide it. He was so not going meet this person again with her psycho boyfriend. “What kind of –pedia is she?” he asked seriously with a hint of mocking.

She shrugged, “Everything, Isobel didn't know. Samantha did but she’s not so open about it. I don’t know why but that’s the way it is,” she paused as Damon started to head for the door. “Whoa. What are you going to do?” she asked curious as she stepped down and ran after him.
“I’m going to see Samantha but,” he looked around, deciding, “I’ll go for it tomorrow. Now, I’m just gonna go find a place to crash.” “You could uh, stay at my place,” she offered, “It’s not so far away.”

“Hmm…wonderful. It settles it then. Will I get free dinner too?” he smirked and a chill ran down her spine. “Depends,” she replied as she tried to side step him but he took her gently by the arm and looked at her, tilting his head, he tried to assess her.

“On this?” he asked as he leaned forward and planted small kisses on her neck. She moaned against him, “Anything you want,” she said in a breathy voice and he chuckled.

He always got what he wanted, yet at the same time he never got what he wanted. Life was funny that way but he was going to enjoy the night rather than thinking about the things he couldn't and the things he shouldn't have…or take.