Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Forgiveness

Mia ran down the stairs and took Claire’s car keys. “Where are you heading to?” Claire voice stopped her, her hand on the door handle. “Elena called. I’m going to be at Salvatore’s,” she said hastily. “Is Damon home?” Claire asked with a sweet smile on her face.

Mia nodded, her smile turning into an idiotic grin. “Okay then. Run,” Claire chuckled and shook her head. Mia nodded eagerly as she opened the door. “Hey, Goof morning,” Enrique greeted cheerfully, standing at the front door.

“Hi. Uh, how are you?” Mia asked politely, her grin turning into a small smile. “Good. Are you going somewhere?” She nodded, “To a friend’s. She called. “Oh, umm…that’s good. I-uh,…” he wasn’t sure if to ask her to stay or ask her to accompany her. Seeing the confusion, Claire interfered, “Why don’t I keep you company until she returns.”

“Okay,” Enrique replied and slowly nodded. He didn’t want to put off things until later but he didn’t had a choice as he entered. Mia looked back at Claire and mouthed, ‘Thank you’ before running to the car.

“You’re here,” Elena exclaimed. Mia nodded, impatiently, “Where’s he?” she asked loking around. “In his room, locked up,” Elena sighed. “Really?” Mia raised her eye brows. “Yep, that’s what it is this time. It’s weird really. Mostly, it’s just a bottle of whiskey,” Stefan answered her, amused.

Mia nodded as she took the stairs, “Be careful.” “Yes, Sir,” she smiled. “Patience, Mia. It’s the key,” Elena reminded her. “Noted, thanks,” Mia paused and looked back at them, “both of you,” she said as she ran upstairs.

“Damon,” he whispered upon entering his room, which was so not locked. She didn’t receive any reply as she advanced a few steps into the bedroom when a giggling girl came out of the bathroom, wearing clothes close to nothing.

The girl halted in front of her with her hand on her mouth, her eyes wide as if a deer caught in headlights. Mia took a step back in disgust. As if on cue, Damon exited the bathroom, the front of his shirt open.

His smile dropped at the sight of Mia who was seconds away from crying or snapping at him but she did neither as stared at him hard. Damon stared back with same intense look in his eyes, undeterred.

Mia was hurt, that much was evident but she didn’t react the way Damon thought she would, especially with their ongoing fight. Mia had never before felt that before. She was angry and hurt and she wanted to strangle him and kill him but at the same time, she wanted to hug him and never let go. Her feelings were in turmoil and she in pain.

Damon stood there, trying to be happy at the fact that he had caused her the same pain he felt when he found out about Enrique but the look on her face killed him. He could feel every emotions oozing out of her and he could relate to it which made it even harder.

He wanted to gather in his arms and apologize to her but before he could proceed, the image of Enrique surfaced in front of him, his earlier comment tearing him apart. He thought it was best to keep things that way. At least, he will be spared the pain and hurt which had become the highlight of his life.

He finally broke the silence and their stare mania, “Here for the party?” he smirked. “How can you be like this?” she asked in a low voice, eyeing the girl. “Told you. This is who I am,” he answered. “Stop it, Damon. Just stop, ok,” she almost screamed and clenched her eyes shut.

Damon waited a beat, “What are you doing here, Mia?” he paused and waited for her to look at him, “Huh, where’s your boyfriend?” He paused and gasped, widening his eyes, “Ooops, sorry. Your fiancée,” he said the word fiancée with pure disgust and loathing as he tilted his head to the side.

Mia looked at him straight in the eye, “You asked me to call him, so I did,” she said in a stern and loud voice. “Not saying, anything. Why so serious, Mia?” he raised his hands as in surrender and flashed his eye brows, the devilish smirk still in place.

Elena’s words rang in Mia’s mind and she knew that they could go on like this forever. So, she had to step down and calm him, not aggravate him further. She turned her attention to the quiet girl, “Why don’t you wear some decent clothes and go home?”

The girl looked back at Damon in dismay, disappointed that the fun party was over. Damon only seemed more irritated by Mia’s order. He took a step towards her, “What do you want, Mia?” he asked annoyed.

“You,” she answered immediately and Damon froze. His eyes wide and his heart taking on a new rhythm which was unknown to him before. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came. He wanted to drive her away but with a comment like that, his feelings took control and switched off his sane part.

He went to the girl, effectively compelling her to forget all and leave to which she complied. Damon turned to look at Mia who was watching him carefully with so much tenderness that he was rendered speechless.

“I want to talk to ‘you’, Damon,” she stressed the word ‘you’, “because I’m sorry…for everything I did and said and I shouldn’t have done it.”
“Not your fault. You were trying to change me into a good saintly creature. Nothing I haven’t witnessed before,” he shrugged. “No, no. Damon,” she took a step forward, I wasn’t trying to change you. I just didn’t want to…you know think of yourself as a…”

“Monster?” he continued from her, “Because that’s what I am. You can’t change my basic nature,” “I know. I’m sorry but Damon,” she took a step to stand directly in front of him. Putting her hands on the side of his face, she continued, “I believe you’re good. You have more positives than the negatives and nobody’s perfect and I get it.”

“You are,” Damon whispered, “You are perfect, angel.”

Mia blushed at his use of endearment and Damon enjoyed it more than anything and she looked so beautiful. The sight was exquisite. Seeing his amusement, Mia became more embarrassed as she dropped her head along with her hands.

She shook her head wondering how she could ever tell him her imperfections, her mistakes, her faults but the thought that to him, she was perfect made her giddy with happiness. Damon took her hands in his and placed them back on his face with his own resting above hers. “I’m sorry too. I didn’t mean to do that, I mean I did but…still,” he shrugged.

Mia smiled at him, “I know. I get it, it’s ok,” she assured him as she closed into him and slowly rested her head on his chest, her arms hugging him to her while Damon’s hands framed her delicate structure, wrapping around her as he pulled her tightly against himself, never wanting to let go.

“I missed you,” she whispered. “Hmm,” Damon replied. He wanted to tell her he missed her too but he couldn’t force the words out. He ran his hand through her hair. Gently, he positioned her face so she could look at him. “How’s Enrique?” he asked in a calm demeanor but she could see the storm raging in those blue eyes.

“I don’t know,” she answered truthfully. “You don’t know?” he asked incredulously. She pulled away from him, “It’s like he’s hiding something. I don’t feel safe with him,” she replied, trying to make him understand. Damon narrowed his eyes, “I met him today.”

“I know. Elena told me,” Mia nodded. “Of course, she did,” he smiled halfheartedly. Mia made her way to the bad and sat on the edge. “I haven’t told him anything about me. It just feels awkward.”

“What do you think he’s hiding?” he asked as he came to sit beside her and Mia smiled. She finally had him back and he was just the same, willing to listen, willing to help and her fluttered inside her chest. “I don’t know. I don’t even know if it’s about me or him. Ugh…it’s so weird.”

Damon laughed, “He went to wake you up. Said want to be there for her,” he said, looking carefully at her reaction. “Really?” she asked surprised. “Yup. Said you had a long night,” his tone automatically turning harder but Mia didn’t paid attention to it as she about the previous night, “Yeah. We talked and that’s what I’m saying. It was all insignificant.”

Damon nodded, “I think he even knows about Maya,” she looked at him. “How so?” he questioned. “He said he met in the hospital in Lakewood when I know he was my friend as Maya and then I got engaged to him as Mia.”

“Of course, he would know then,” Damon replied and she nodded. “But he’s not saying anything.” Damon flashed his eye brows, “Well, we can always make him.” Mia chuckled, “It’s good to have you back,” she said as she stood up and then turned around, her eye brows furrowed together, “Where were you?”

Damon looked at her as he silently shook his head, “What? Why not?” she asked curious. “Now’s not the time. I’ll let you know soon enough,” Mia nodded, “Ok,” she smiled.

“You leaving?” he asked as she made her way to the door. Mia nodded, “Yeah, Claire’s waiting and…” “Him too?” Mia nodded, “Yes, him too. I’m gonna try to make him talk.” Damon smiled, “Good luck with that.”

Mia opened the door but looked back at him. He was still sitting there, looking great as always. Mia repressed a sigh. “Don’t disappear,” she managed to say in a stern voice and scolding tone, raising her index finger as in warning but her lips were curled in a smile and her eyes were gleaming.

Damon smiled at her, “I wouldn’t dare,” he said in amusement. Mia nodded with a soft smile, lightening up her face as she closed the door behind her.