Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Happening

Mia opened her eyes in the bright room and looked around to find Claire sitting beside her, her head resting on the head post of Mia’s bed. She didn’t look peaceful, there were strains of worry on her face and Mia wondered what caused it. Claire opened her eyes when Mia stirred to get into a comfortable position.

“Hey,” Claire rubbed her eyes, “You’re up. How do you feel?” she asked. “Fine. What happened?” Mia’s asked, her voice was hoarse and she cleared her throat. “You fainted in the Grill last night,” Claire informed her, “Oh God. Are you ok?” she put her hands on Mia’s face, “Do you know who I am?” She asked panicked, clearly assuming Mia had lost her memory again.

Mia nodded quickly, “Yes, I’m fine. Claire,” she gave her a smile as she understood the reason for Claire being panicked, “I know who you are,” she chuckled, “I’m not losing it.”

“Oh,” Claire breathed out a sigh of relief, “Thank God.”

Mia had her memory alright. She remembered how she didn’t liked the doctor getting all comfy with Damon. She remembered that feeling when she realized, she was falling in love with him. She remembered telling him…Oh no! She didn’t. She didn’t tell him that. Oh God, ouch and then she recalled it clearly and sighed. She didn’t tell him that and now she thought he must be thinking that she’s gone crazy.

She shook her head and took a deep breath to calm her nerves but they were jittery whenever she thought about him. So, that’s what it feels like, she thought. She tried to get up from the bed when she remembered that Meredith was going to call her but Claire held her arm.

“No, you’re not going anywhere, missy. You need rest,” she chided her. Mia looked from her face to her hand which was holding her, keeping her in place and she frowned. Claire smiled at the screen of her cell phone when it rang as Mia watched her in confusion.

“It’s Damon,” she said and looked at Mia to hand her the phone. Mia’s heart escalated upon hearing his name. “He’s worried about you. Why don’t you talk to him and I’ll fix you lunch.”

“Lunch?” Mia asked, surprised. “Ahan,” Claire smiled and eyed the ringing phone. Mia turned her attention to the phone. “Hello,” she greeted calmly though her nerves were everything but calm. “How’s she doing? Is she up yet?” The concern in his voice for her made her heart squirm in pleasure as she clenched her eyes shut and sighed, a smile curling up her lips.

“Hello? Claire,” he called impatiently bringing Mia back to Earth, “Hold on, Damon. I’m fine and yeah I’m up…hence, talking,” she said, her voice amused. “It’s not funny, Mia. Not in the least,” he chided and she giggled. What the…she was giggling now. I’m officially screwed, she thought.

“Really?” he said annoyed but happy at the fact that she was feeling better. “You’re losing the edge to your dark side, you know?” she taunted. “And it’s all your doing, like I mentioned before,” he retorted and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, blame me,” she chuckled and he shook his head.

“How are you, really?” he asked, his tone serious again and it reminded Mia of last night, causing a blush to creep up her cheeks. “I’m really ok. I don’t know what happened,” she reassured him. “Yeah, Meredith checked. Everything was fine.”

“It’s ok. Maybe it’s just an angel thing,” she said. The word angel still didn’t settle well with her. “I don’t know. Maybe, probably,” he said more to himself than her. “What do you mean?” she asked confused.

“Nothing. Samantha said that different things will happen when angelic traits will start to take you over.” “Samantha?” Somehow, that was the only thing that mattered. “Yep. That’s where I went,” he didn’t need to tell her what he was talking about. She understood perfectly.

“And?” she prompted. “Wait. I’ll see you in a few and we’ll talk then. It’s harder on phone.” “Umm…ok,” she said and finished the call, sighing loudly. He was coming, she almost squealed. She mentally slapped herself. They were friends and she shouldn’t act stupid but she still couldn’t stop that grin that embellished her face. Ugh, her feelings were all over the place.

She changed into a clean outfit and enjoyed her breakfast in bed. “Enrique stayed up all night with you. So, I didn’t wake him but I wonder if I should. He must be hungry,” Claire thought out loud and Mia chuckled, “It’s fine. Let him sleep. He’ll wake when his system needs it.”

Claire shook her head, “I think I was wrong. He’s quite charming,” she said and Mia raised her eye brows at her. “Come on, Mia.” Mia chuckled, “I know. He is. He makes me…” Claire looked at her with wide eyes, “Make you feel what?”

“Happy. He makes me happy, sort of,” she shrugged, “and he’s the only link I have to my past,” she finished and Claire nodded in agreement, “Yeah, he’s a good guy.”

A light but urgent knocking on the door interrupted them and Claire ran to get the door while Mia fixed her hair into a bun. “Hey,” Damon poked his head through the door. “Hi,” she smiled brightly at him.

She looked so beautiful sitting there casually, comfortably but mostly he was happy to see her smile and the fact that some color had returned to her skin. “Are you done examining?” she asked, keeping her grin in check.

“Hmm,” he said as if deep in a thought, “good to know, you’re old self again,” he smirked and the bed sank under his weight. “But you’re ecstatic to see it,” she challenged, trying to imitate his smirk.

He raised his eye brows at her and narrowed his eyes, “Well, ecstatic is such a strong word,” he said in his deep voice and she nudged at his shoulder, “Fine. I’ll go back to my brooding version,” she said stubbornly and crossing her arms, she tried to pull off that look.

“Nah. I don’t think you can pull it off. Plus, Stefan already have an award in that category,” he commented with a chuckle. Mia narrowed her eyes and tried to get off the bed when Damon’s hand on her arm stopped her from advancing. “No going out. You need rest,” he said looking at her from under his lashes.

“Ah, everybody needs to stop doing that…and saying that,” Mia groaned.

“Your sense of proportion is all wrong,” he smirked at her, “I’m pretty sure, I’m the second person that said that to you,” he raised his brows as to challenge her.

“Whatever,” she mumbled as she tried to get off again. Damon pulled her towards him, “Here for a story, remember?” he tilted his head to a side.
“Ah and here I thought you ‘cared’, that you wanted to see if I was okay after yesterday,” she said with no intention of hurting him but the look on his face and his eyes told her otherwise.

“What is that supposed to mean?” he hissed, getting up from the bed. Mia shook her head slightly in disappointment. “I just...I…”

“What?” he blared in anger. Seeing his attitude, Mia’s own anger flared up, “I’m just stating the facts, Damon.”

“Stating the…stating the facts. Really?” he asked, his voice reaching a higher level which scared her but she was frustrated…frustrated at feeling that way. Frustrated that she lost control whenever near him, seeing how her heart reacted at his touch, seeing how he was never effected the way she was.

“That doesn’t even make sense,” he said in exasperation as he threw his hands in air and looked hardly at the wall behind Mia. “Damon?” she tried to reason with him, knowing she had no right to say such things when all he had ever done was care about her.

She took a step forward, towards him but he took one back as if moving in sync. He narrowed his eyes at her which had a cold and steely look in them, his shoulders and jaw tensed and his hands clenched in a tight fist against his sides. “I’m here, aren’t I?” he looked sharply at her.

Mia sighed inwardly, “For the story,” she mumbled before she could stop herself and she regretted them as soon as they slipped out of her mouth. Her voice though barely a whisper, rang loud and clear in his ears and he felt like he had been slapped across the face.

“Well, even for the story. I think I’m better than your little boyfriend there,” he jeered at her as he took a step forward. “Don’t you dare bring him into this,” she replied back but couldn’t fathom that much venom in her words as he did.

“And why not?” he countered, “As if he cares so much,” he spat the words at her as he took a step forward again. Now, it was her turn to back away.

“He stayed all the while,” she replied. It was a stupid and lame reply but it was all she could think with his advancing steps. He looked beautiful, even in anger like a mighty dragon ready to take charge.

“Is that it?” he rolled his eyes, “that he did and I didn’t. You were unconscious, Mia. Why does it even matter?” he had her backed up against the wall.

Standing there, just a feet from her, Mia’s thoughts took another direction, her eyes falling on his sensual lips and her mind was slated clean from all the anger she had built up against him to give herself some space, to avoid the same thing that was happening now.

She lifted her eyes to meet his awaiting ones, her breath caught in her throat, knowing he had caught her as a deer in headlight. He took a deliberate step towards her and her heart stopped. He slowly put his hands on the wall on either side of her, entrapping her between the wall and himself.

His face was mere inches from her and she could feel his hot breath gliding on her skin causing her hair to rise and the butterflies to set loose. “Why do you care?” he asked in a husky voice, looking deep into her soulful brown eyes.

“I…” she breathed, her sweet scent intoxicating his senses until all his thoughts were consumed by her. “Mia,” he said her name like a prayer in his raspy voice, loving the way it rolled off his tongue as it belonged there just like she felt wonderful and dizzy hearing it from him.

His piercing blue eyes left hers to fall on her mouth and Mia could feel the longing and hunger in them. He gently cupped her face in his hand and looked back into the chocolate ocean of those eyes. He leaned in slowly, almost hesitantly towards her, their nose touching.

Mia closed her eyes in anticipation, her heart pounding out of her chest with the slightest of his touch. Her skin felt too wonderful to touch and he wanted nothing more than he wanted her at that moment, the simple contact of their skin sent sparks reverberating through his body, his dead heart taking a beat that made him feel alive.

“Is everything ok?” Mia jumped suddenly when the door opened, revealing a very concerned Claire, “I heard shouting,” she completed, taking into account the scene in front of her. Though Damon had taken several steps back in a second and Mia had straightened herself but there was no denying the thickness in the air that crackled with an intense, electrifying buzz.

“Mia?” she said, looking between the both of them. Damon cleared his throat, “I need to help Stefan…with something,” he said and Mia nodded at him, not wanting him to be a part of the inevitable she was doomed to face.

Damon gave Claire a single nod as he went out of the room, mentally cursing himself for his attitude and behavior. He always knew that Mia had a special ability to screw his head but he had always controlled it. He didn’t know what had gotten into him but he had to stop it.

He then thought back to her. Her flawless, soft skin which was amazing to feel under his fingertips. Her scent that clouded his mind, her eyes that pulled him in and were able to see through him.

He shook his head to shake off the thoughts that resided in his mind. It was so close this time. He had almost kissed her and she didn’t pull away. Why didn’t she pull away? Why didn’t she stop him? He knew though, he couldn’t let that happen again. Little drink would help him, he thought as he made his way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I have no idea about this chapter but next will be better.
You guys rock.