Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Last Project

“Is everything ok?” Enrique asked once Claire left the room. “I’m fine,” she replied with a smile but he knew it was forced. He was worried sick about her. The moment he saw her falling unconsciously on the floor, he knew something was wrong and that Damon guy was with her.

He didn’t trust Damon very much. It was mainly due to the reason that he couldn’t quite identify him. It was so easy with the others, even his brother Stefan but Damon was something different and he knew that he had to keep Mia away from him.

“She knew,” Mia interrupted his thoughts. “What?” he looked at her. “She knew everything about me, she never said anything before.”
“Knew what?” he asked, unsure of what she was talking about. Mia looked at him and realized she still hadn’t told him anything about her, “Everything,” she shrugged.

He shook his head again, “What, Mia?” he asked again but Mia’s phone rang loudly. Mia leaned forward to the table and picked it up. “How are you feeling?” the voice asked. “Better, much better,” Mia said, trying to recognize the voice.

“Oh. That’s good. I also wanted to tell you that I’ve your files. You can come and take a look at them, whenever you feel like it.” Meredith offered.

“What about now?” Mia asked impatiently, tapping her fingers on the table. “It’s ok, if you’re feeling ok. Energized that is. You fainted due to exhaustion.”

“I don’t…I’m not the umm, physical sort of person,” Mia said confused. Meredith chuckled, “Exhaustion can be mental too,” she clarified. Mia nodded, “I’m ok. So, I’ll come now.”

“Ok, then. I’ll wait up for you,” she agreed and Mia hung up. “What is it? Where are you going?” Enrique asked without wasting a beat. “Whoa, calm down. You can come with me. It was Meredith and I’m going to hospital,” she told him with a smile.

Mia went straight to Meredith’s office on reaching the hospital who took her to the store where all the documentation was stored. “It is prohibited to take the files from here,” Meredith told her, “so you can just check them here.”

“That’s ok,” Mia replied as she went to the cabinet with Shawn’s name labelled on it. Mia took a deep breath as she opened the drawer to see pile of files in it, “That’s a big one,” she exclaimed. Meredith chuckled beside her when her buzzer rang, “I’ve got to go,” she looked at Mia, “Will you be fine?” she said standing up.

“Huh, yes. Yes, it’s fine. I’ll manage,” Mia smiled at her, “Thank you,” she said sincerely and took a file out, handling it carefully, delicately as if it would crumble with her touch. Meredith gave her a single nod and made her way out.

Mia turned over the file and saw it labelled as ‘Classification’ and that held her interest. She opened to see the supernatural species documented in the file. There were several columns explaining the blood composition and the genetic makeup of each of the specie categorized.

What the hell? She thought as she bent forward to pick another file from the cabinet. It was labelled, exactly what she was looking for and she smiled to herself, reading, ‘Results and Findings’. She took a deep breath, calming her nerves as she turned the cover.

Mia flipped over the page to find Damon’s name highlighted. Her eyes stayed glued to the name while her body was stun with the pass of electric current that raised the hair on her body. In the column, in front of ‘Sample 54, Salvatore, D.’ was written ‘Vampire’ in bold, defining its characteristics.

She pushed back the hair from her forehead by a single swift motion of her hand but it rested there, on the top of her head, clutching the hair. She inhaled in some much needed oxygen as she turned over the next page.

The other name she saw knocked the breath out of her as she stumbled backwards. ‘Sample 09, Parisi, E.’ danced in front of her eyes. Her eyes rushed to see the column in front of it but she was disappointed and frustrated to see it filled with the words, ‘Not Classified’.

Just below Enrique’s name was ‘Sample 46, Lockwood, M.’ with the same ‘Not Classified’ words in front of it. She knew that whatever it was, they both shared the same kind of blood composition and genetic makeup.

She double checked that name, finding the full names listed on another sheet. She knew it was important but the problem was that the columns were empty. She knew he wasn’t a vampire, else Damon would have known but what else supernatural creature was there?

She knew why her work was such a secret and why she never shared it with anyone. It was genetic research on supernatural creatures. She still couldn’t believe she knew Damon from her past life, well sort of past life.

Could it be that he was lying to her just like Claire did? Could he be hiding the truth from her? Could she trust no one? All the questions swan in her mind. Who was Enrique? What was he? What was Damon hiding? Why she hadn’t figured out who Enrique or Mason were?

She needed the answers. The need pulsated hot in her blood and she sighed. Then a thought hit her and she tries to find her own name in the files. She was an angel, after all. Weird, she should have started he research with her own blood first. She shook her head as she checked the files again and put them back in the drawer and shut it close.

She sat down and leaned against the walls to calm herself. Closing her eyes, she took deep breaths. She wished she would just go and die again. The unanswered questions were too much.

Just then a face appeared before her eyes filling her with love, affection, peace and beauty. “Be careful with what you wish for,” the sweetest voice told her. “Mom?” Mia asked panicked, her heart beat faster. She clutched the front of her shirt with death tight grip.

She remembered the words from her dreams. It was what her mother told her when she said she didn’t want to leave. Hearing her voice somehow gave her the strength she needed to face everything.

Standing up, she shook the dust off her clothes and made her way towards Meredith’s room. She entered the room and Enrique stood up from the seat, “You’re back,” he remarked with a smile. Mia, however, just stared at him. The question of ‘What was he?’ clouding all her other thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
IMPORTANT NOTE !!
Hey Lovely people ! I just had to tell you that I'm leaving town for a few days which is why, no updates from me. But it's just for a few days. I'll hopefully...be back on 12th August, maybe and we'll continue with this story.

*In the meanwhile, I would like you to comment me your favorite part in the story by now and the reason why. It could be a scene, a chapter, a character (Hehe..no Damon or TVD character or else all the answers would be that).

So, don't hesitate. And of course, subscribe/comment/recommend.
You guys are the best and I love you all. <3