Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Worried

“Whatever it is, Damon. We need to stop it,” the Sheriff said, clearly worried about the situation.

“That’s careless and stupid. You have to be discreet and not rob the whole blood bank like that,” Stefan remarked from across the room, “It must be a young vampire.”

“Or an overconfident one,” Damon commented, “who’s sure, nothing can hurt him. By the way,” he turned to Stefan, a smirk gracing his lips, “stupid and careless. Remind you of someone?” he asked tauntingly, his eye brows raised.

“I was lost, Damon. I had it turned off. I didn’t…” Stefan was saying in a curt tone when Mia gasped loudly and both Damon’s and Stefan’s eyes snapped up to meet her.

“What was that?” she asked in a tiny voice.

“What?” Damon was at her side at once, clutching her by arm, he pulled her closer to himself. “What was it?” he asked gently, tipping her chin up.

“It…it was a sort of shadow and it moved,” she pointed towards her right, outside the door.

Damon searched her face for a moment before removing his arm from her waist and started towards the door, his hands in his sides, tightly fisted and his nostrils flared. “Take her out of here. I’ll see it myself,” Damon ordered Stefan.

Mia shook her head violently, “No, I’m not going. Damon, what is it?” she asked, her eyes staring hard. Damon ignored her and gave his head a shake, a silent signal to Stefan who nodded once and took Mia by her arms, “Come on. We need to leave.”

“No, no. Stefan! Stop it!” she struggled in his embrace but it kept her in place. Mia saw the Sheriff raise her eye brows at Damon questioningly.
“It could be Silas,” Damon answered her seriously as he went forward to the door with Sheriff following behind him.

“Silas? Who’s Silas?” Mia almost screamed at Damon who glared at Stefan and silenced Mia. She would have been terrified if that glare was directed at her but she already was. She had seen him angry before but this was serious and she felt it in her bones.

The fear bubbled up inside her and showed in her eyes. The beating of heart got faster with every breath she took. She held onto Stefan tightly, taking support from his strength and breathed in deeply.

Stefan looked at Mia, a furrow etched on his forehead. “Nothing’s there,” Damon’s voice reached her but it felt far, really far. “Are you ok?” he asked concerned, his eyes on her. The fearful expression on her face had him worried.

“Mia?” he questioned, confused. Mia squirmed in fear as she touched the necklace that rested on her collar bone, keeping her eyes locked with Damon’s. She took the stone in her hand as it started to glow, giving off a slight faint light.

“Her necklace,” Stefan exclaimed, “It has to be Silas,” he said eyeing Damon who gave him a single nod. “Take her out, now,” Damon said, tightly to Stefan.

Stefan led Mia out the door and saw the light fainting with every step she took farther from the hospital. She looked back at the path they had taken, “Is he going to be ok?” she asked Stefan quietly.

Stefan looked at her carefully, “Yes. He’ll be fine. It‘s all ok,” he replied assuring her. She nodded and took a deep breath. “Who’s Silas?” she asked him, her eyes on the road.

Stefan looked at her carefully but Mia had masked her expression, her curiosity but she wanted to know, about all of it. It was the same name Enrique had whispered before leaving her.

“Silas…is the first immortal being…” Stefan started, telling her everything he knew about that. His past, his dead lover, Qetsiyah, the cure, the other side, the angel, the girl from prophecy, the choice she had to make and then their opinion on Mia and Enrique.

Mia had by now, heard a lot of different truths about her yet, everything still managed to shock her, and still unsettled her. She thought she would be habitual by now but the goose bumps on her arms told her otherwise.

“That’s why you needed to meet Enrique. That’s why Damon was asking for him before,” she nodded at herself, “because he knows. He knows about his brother that I chose him over,” she said confused and raised her eyes to meet his.

“Yes,” Stefan replied solemnly.

“But why? If I’m here and he’s here, then why ask him? I mean he’s the one that matters, right? I chose him.”

“Yes. It was just for confirmation, Mia. These kind of things and their conditions for fulfilment are important. You can’t ignore them,” he said, “Come on. We need to get you inside now.”

She looked around and found herself in front of Damon’s house. She had lost all track of time today. She didn’t even knew when they got here. She nodded as she stepped out of the vehicle, finding Stefan standing beside her.

He gestured her to move forward but she took his hand in hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, “Thank you.”

Stefan looked at her, her brown eyes soft and sincere. Her eyes were something else, they had a sparkle to them. Alluring and sensual, at the same time honest and friendly. The kind you could get lost in, the kind that you can look into and truly trust to be loyal.

“Sure. You deserve it,” he smiled at her, being nothing but happy for Damon. God, he deserved it too. His only brother, the one he knew he could always turn to, no matter how much they pretended to hate each other. His brother deserved this girl, the one standing before him. All pure and sensual.

Mia chuckled and shook her head as she started towards the door. She took a few calming breaths as Stefan followed behind her, keeping in check his surroundings.

Suddenly, Mia gasped and her hand flew to her chest, “God, Caroline. You scared me.”

“Sorry,” she smiled apologetically, lifting her shoulders. She turned to Stefan who was standing close to Mia, his body tensed as if to protect her. “I was looking for Elena but…she’s not here and now I’ve to go…” Caroline explained but Stefan cut her off.

“She’s with Bonnie,” Stefan said. “Oh, well. Umm, ok. Thanks. I’ll just head up there,” she said, checking her cell phone for text. “Ughh, I hate Klaus,” she groaned.

“Is everything ok?” Stefan asked, concerned. It was matter of great concern whenever Klaus was involved. “You know, he’s just messing with me and Tyler,” she cleared her throat, “I’m gonna go. Thanks Stefan,” she looked back and waved her hand, “Bye Mia.”

“She was in a hurry,” Mia remarked as she entered the house, thinking of how to ask him about Tyler casually. She knew he was a Lockwood. The first party she attended in Mystic Falls was at Lockwood mansion, Tyler’s home and probably Mason’s. They had to be relatives or something and she knew whatever Mason was, Enrique was too. At least that what the files she saw told her.

“Umm…he isn’t around much, is he?” she asked as he poured her a drink.

“Who?” he turned to look at her as she jumped on the couch, folding her leg under her.

“Tyler,” she replied casually, playing with her fingers. “Hmm, he’s a busy little guy,” he said, uninterested.

“Busy? What does he do?” she asked incredulously.

Stefan shrugged, “He has some issues with Klaus. They don’t run on even ground. I wonder what happened now,” he said more to himself than her. Mia did an internal victory dance, seeing that he opening up to the subject but she kept her cool as she tilted her head, “Nobody runs on good terms with Klaus,” she stated.

“Caroline does,” he said as he handed her the glass. Mia took it slowly and nodded in understanding, “Oh so that’s why,” she mused.

“Not only that,” Stefan chuckled quietly beside her, “Tyler broke his sire bond to Klaus which had him…I mean, he was really mad about that and then,” he gestured in the air, “Of course, there’s Caroline.”

“Sire bond?” she asked, her eye brows raised. “Oh yes. It is…” Stefan started but Mia cut him off, “I know what sire bond is. Elena told me that before but how can Tyler…be sired to, Klaus?” she widened her eyes at her question.

“It doesn’t work same as with the vampires,” he chuckled. Mia still looked at him confused, “But they are both vampires,” she argued, furrowing her eyebrows together.

“No, they are both hybrids,” he told her, amused. “What the…” Mia paused and took a breath, “It’s like I need a class…Supernatural 101,” she said irritated, making exasperated motion with her hands.

“Hybrids are the mid specie…” Stefan started to explain but Mia inhaled sharply, remembering the meeting with Klaus who told her about it all, the vampires, the werewolves, the angel that came to stop them. Stefan searched her face, his eyes landing on the necklace to see if it had started to glow again, “What is it?” he asked finally, seeing nothing out of place.

“I remember that. Klaus told me,” she paused, thinking hard and Stefan could almost hear the cogs turning in her head. “Tyler’s a hybrid too. So, his real father was someone else, who was a werewolf and,” she looked at Stefan, “right?” she asked.

Stefan shook his head, amused that she so easily applied Klaus’ life story on Tyler. “No. Tyler’s only father bore a werewolf gene but it never triggered because he never killed anyone,” he leaned forward and rubbed his palms together as Mia took a disturbed sip.

“See, it triggers only when you have killed someone. So, Tyler had a gene like his father but unlike him, Tyler kind of triggered it but then he died with vampire blood in his system and transitioned to one. So, he has best of both worlds,” he smiled tightly, “not that it is best anyways but well, it was Klaus’ blood.”

Mia nodded, “What about the gene thing?”

“What gene thing?” he asked. “It goes from father to son and like that?” she gestured her hand in the wavy forward motion.

“Yes. It goes in all the children from either of the parents; mother or father and it shows equally too. You can see both sexes as werewolf.”

“So, if they are not turned to vampires, then…” she said and motioned him to continue her sentence, confirming it, “They remain ‘werewolf’.” Stefan emphasized werewolf and Mia nodded slowly.

So, it was about the family and Mason was same family which meant that he must have that gene and it ultimately led her to what she wanted to know at first place and her heart beat kicked up a notch. She tucked her hair behind her ear and took few calming breaths, sipping her drink slowly. She finally raised her eyes to meet Stefan’s.

“Is he the only one?” she asked, her voice slightly shaky and she cleared her throat. “Yes. That we know of,” he shrugged, “Why?”

“So, there’s never been anyone else?” she asked, ignoring his question. “No. there must be a lot but not here though they do like to visit from time to time.” Mia placed her drink on the table as she clasped her hands together, “Who visited?”

Stefan narrowed his eyes slightly at her but didn’t make much of it. Maybe she was just surprised with all the information she got, he thought. “Jules did. She killed Rose. Umm…she was a friend and a good one of that to Damon.”

Mia remembered her dream. She knew Rose, probably better than him but unfortunately couldn’t remember it. It would have been nice to know her, especially knowing that she was Damon’s friend. She lowered her gaze, “I know. Why did she come here…Jules?”

“To find Mason and help Tyler with his phasing,” he said and Mia’s heart skipped a beat. “Mason?” she questioned. “Yeah, he’s Tyler’s uncle and was Jules friend,” he replied, checking his texts and it graced his features with a smile.

Mia stood up and ran her hand through her hair, “Mason? Was he a werewolf too?” she asked, looking at his smiling face. She waited for his answer but he was indulged in texting. She wiped her sweaty hands on her thighs. Here she was sweating and he was all stoked with texting Elena.

She was going to speak again but he turned to her, “Yeah. He was,” he replied simply.