Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Hostage

She thought Damon was there, trying to wake her up but the all too dangerous blackness surrounding her told her otherwise. She was screaming already, kicking her legs to not see what she knew would be bad. It was always bad but no one could hear her strangled cries, her still movements.

She hadn’t seen one in such a long time but she remembered the fear, the heaviness inside her whenever she woke up from such a dream or a nightmare.

“I’m going home, now,” she said and sighed of tiredness.

“Oh, ok. Did you lock the files?” he asked softly, not looking up from the document he held in his hand.

“Yes, I did. It was a good day today,” she said and he looked up from the file to her, “I mean we finally found it.”

“Yeah, we did,” he smiled.

“It’s such an intriguing place,” she leaned against the wall, “Mystic Falls,” she said as if trying the name on her lips, “so much paranormal here.”

“Hmm,” he looked amused, “What are you going to do about Enrique?” he turned serious at his question and saw a scowl to form on Mia’s face.

“He lied. He hid it from me, Shawn,” she was hurt, he knew that. “I never thought that he could be…well, it never even crossed my mind that he could be you know…not ‘human’.”

“We don’t know what he is, Mia,” he started but she shrugged. “He is something,” she raised her eye brows as if to say that, it was enough.
“Hey. It’s ok,” he tried to assure her. She nodded and threw her hands in the air, exasperated. “I called him.”

“And?” he prompted.

“I told him, I don’t want to talk to him for some time like I need a break from…us,” the sadness in her eyes was evident.

“You did?” Shawn asked in shock, his eyes wide as he leaned forward on the table and rested his arms there, the file long forgotten on the table. “He didn’t ask, why?”

“He did but I didn’t answer. What would I have said, ‘Look, I know you lied to me about your specie and I know because I’m ‘psychotic’ person who’s researching supernatural.’ No,” she sighed, “He asked how long though?” she chuckled in frustration.

“And you said….”

“A day, a month, a year. I don’t know, whenever I feel like it,” she shrugged, shifting on her feet. Shawn looked at her softly yet, sternly and she grew uncomfortable, knowing what he was thinking.

She jumped a little when she heard a small voice, “You should be careful with what you wish for.”

“Did you hear that?” she asked him, almost panicked. “No, what?” he asked in confusion. She sighed. It must be one of her crazy moments when her inner voice just got so loud that she thought it was someone saying the words to her in ear.

“I was angry,” she said to both Shawn and the unknown voice in her head. Shawn got up from the seat and reached Mia. Putting his hand on her cheek, he patted her softly, “It’ll all work out. Don’t worry, ok?” She smiled and nodded.

Shawn turned around and started to put on a coat. “Oh. Claire invited you to dinner with us on weekend. She’s very eager to meet you. She still hasn’t and you’ve been here…very busy and all but it would be nice if you would meet her. She’s very special and you’ll really like her.”

Mia smiled, “I’m sure about that. Weekend it is, then.” It always fascinated her how much Shawn was taken up by his wife. She very much wanted to see how they interacted with each other. She loved hearing about her and Jake and Shawn loved to talk about them.

“You want me to drop you?” he asked, raising his eye brows.

Mia shook her head, “No, thanks. I have a car, you know,” she cocked her head to a side.

“Oh yeah. That thing,” he scrunched his nose and then smiled, “Lucky you.”

“Hey. Don’t mock. It works just fine.”

Shawn raised his hands up in surrender, “Not doin’ that,” he chuckled and Mia shook her head as he gave her a peck on the cheek, “See you tomorrow,” he smiled, his hand on the door knob.

“Yeah. Take care,” she called after him.

“Always, dear. Always,” were his last words as he left for the night.

Mia shut her car door when her cell phone rang. She picked it up with a smile, “What did you forget, Shawn Dad?” she smiled. He had asked her once to call her ‘Dad’ after their working hours were over. He said it made him happy and she was fine with it. She never had a family of her own except Rose and Trevor and it had been so long that she heard from either.

She smiled at the memory. “Aww. If it isn’t the daddy’s little girl,” the venom that dripped from the voice tensed Mia and she sat straighter, scanning her surroundings with a quick glance in all directions.

“Who is it?” she asked, panicked. The cell number was Shawn’s.

“Oh, you’re so quick,” the voice said tauntingly, “You’ll know soon enough though. I’m waiting for you…at the main highway.”

“Where’s Shawn?” Mia asked scared and incredibly tensed.

“Oh. You’ll see your daddy soon enough,” she chuckled and Mia hated the voice, “but he may not have much time,” she paused and Mia’s heart paused with it, “you see, he’s bleeding all over.”

Mia felt sick to her stomach, her hair standing in her arms and back of the neck. “What did you do to him?” she screamed as she started her car, her hands shaky. Please God, let him be ok.

“He pissed me off. Wasn’t cooperative…like-at all.” Mia could hear the eye roll in her voice and it angered her as she clenched the steering wheel tightly and floored her accelerator.

“Good girl. I hear that you have taken off. It’s good. The sooner you come, the better it’ll be for him,” the voice sang the words and the line went dead.

Wiping the beads of sweat from her forehead, she turned sharply to the main highway. She groaned in frustration. Couldn’t these rotten metal pieces move any faster? That’s what Shawn called her car, obviously seeing its condition.

The seat belt was the only thing that saved her from lurching out the window when she applied brakes on seeing Shawn’s car. She threw open the door, not wasting a moment, not even stabilizing herself after such a hard jolt.

“Shawn,” she shouted running towards the dark forest. “Shawn,” her voice was panicked and was laced with desperation. Tears begin to sting her eyes but she pushed them back, needing to be strong. “Shawn? Where are you?” she screamed again, her eyes frantically searching for him on the ground.

“Mia,” it was barely a whisper but she ran towards the direction of the voice jumping to avoid the thick branches on the forest floor.

“God. Shawn,” she gasped when her eyes landed on him, lying in the mud. “Are you ok? I’m gonna call for help.”

Shawn shook his head, “No, Mia. Listen,”

Mia took off the scarf from her neck and tied to his wound, “It’s bad. Oh my God, it’s really bad but don’t worry,” she looked at him, “I got you,” she said as she checked her phone and groaned, “Where is the damn needed service?” She threw it on the ground in frustration.

“Mia!” She raised her eyes to meet his through thick tears that sprung in her eyes. She shook her head, “It’s gonna be ok, Shawn. It’ll be…” she tried to smile at him but he shook his head slightly, smiling a little.

“Get-out of-here,” he breathed deeply, “Tell Claire that I…” he started but Mia couldn’t hear the rest as a hard blow landed on her head, knocking the breath out of her.

Mia crumpled on the floor, pressing her damp hand on her hand at the place of impact, trying to ease the pain.

“Finally. We meet,” the voice greeted her with amusement. Mia turned up to see the person responsible for everything that bad happened to her in the last thirty minutes.

Mia stared at her with wide eyes, her mouth hanging open, her heart accelerated beating so hard, it felt it would jump out of her cavity. The tingles traveled through her body, making the hair stand up along the way. She felt hard and rigid like a statue as if slightest of movement and she will crumble to pieces.

“Maya!” she whispered harshly, disbelieving
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment/Subscribe/Recommend.
Thank you so much for reading.
Bless you all.