Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Face Off

“Maya,” she said again, not believing what she was seeing.

Maya stepped forward with a malicious smile on her face. “Mia to be precise but I’m habitual,” she shrugged, “with everyone calling me by that name,” she smirked.

“What are you doing here?” Mia spewed with anger.

“I wanted to meet my look alike,” she pouted, “Katherine wouldn’t be happy with that,” she shrugged again, “but well, who cares?”

Mia glared at her and Maya sighed exasperatedly, “Come on. You’ve got to be little excited…finally meeting me and all,” she pointed at herself with her both hands, “I mean I am…”

“I’d rather die than look at the poor excuse of a person who stole my life,” Mia hissed.

Maya rolled her eyes, “Oh. How lucky. I’m going to fulfil that wish of yours,” she snickered and landed a kick in her stomach causing Mia to cry out in pain. She flipped to her side and clutched her stomach with both her hands.

Maya smiled, “You stole mine. Equally,” she looked around the forest as if bored with the drama she had created, “I don’t know what Enrique sees in you. You’re weak and pathetic,” she sighed.

“What do you want? Why are you here?” Mia asked in between her breaths.

“Oh. Enrique for one. You see, he was handed to me when I took your position but he ran back to that pathetic little town and then met this pathetic little you. Man, he doesn’t even know how pathetic his life is?”

“That’s it,” Mia asked, incredulously.

“Oh. That’s not just it. It’s a lot. Plus, Kat’s tired of having to keep an eye on you and your worthless activities and ever since you returned to Mystic Falls…let’s just say it has become difficult.”

Mia stood up by leaning against the tree and took a deep breath, “Why has it become difficult? And why would she keep an eye on me?”

“What? We playing twenty question?” Maya rolled her eyes and sighed, “You see, this is Mystic Falls and people her know Kat and she doesn’t want them to know about me. You see, I’m a precious one,” she said with an innocent smile like someone declared her a princess of the world.
Mia scoffed at her statement and attitude, she rolled her eyes which fumed the anger in Maya and Mia could see the fire in her eyes.

Maya rushed towards her and tried to land a punch on her face but Mia side stepped her at the exact moment. Taking her by the arm, Mia connected her fist with the side of Maya’s face and pushed her with the other hand.

Maya held her jaw as she fell back and looked hard at Mia. Mia smirked at her and she gave out a small chuckle which sounded pure evil. How a chuckle could sound that malice was beyond Mia’s comprehension.

“Not bad, girl. I like a good competition though you’re not much of that yet,” she shrugged again and Mia kept note to never to shrug again, it was just that irritating to her, if she survived which she will hopefully. She trusted herself enough to defend in need.

“So, anyway. It was getting difficult to keep my identity hidden with you telling everyone you were a damn ‘Pierce’,” she explained in a monotone, disinterested. “And of course, Enrique is so obsessed with you, I don’t understand the guy but then again, it’s really the reason I admire him besides the look, of course but,” she looked at Mia now, “that’s like the most obvious detail.”

“Admire him?” Mia scoffed. Mia was reminded of high school where Maya would be a typical self-absorbed saucy brat.

Maya ignored her, “With you gone, I’ll swap our places,” she pointed at Mia, “I mean it’s really easy now. We’ve been doing that for such a long time,” she shrugged.

Mia wanted to sweep that smile off her pretty face. Her cheeks were pink from anger that Maya flared up inside her but that was the main difference between them. Mia didn’t want to fight. She wanted to go, see if Shawn was ok. The thought cut through her heart.
“Shawn,” she whispered looking around the forest turning back to find him.

“Uh…not so fast,” Maya exclaimed and took Mia’s shoulder and pushed her to the side. Mia lost her footing and crashed into the tree at her side. Spinning around, she ducked and dodged the oncoming punch which landed on the tree trunk, the splintered bark cutting through Maya’s hand as she yelped in pain.

Seeing the opportunity, Mia punched Maya in the stomach and she doubled over in pain. Mia smiled at herself, silently thanking Trevor who had taught her to fight.

“It’s a big bad world, but you know that already,” he had smiled. “You should be able to hold yourself up if need be but I hope it never comes to that,” he had told her and then it was their routine to practice in the evening after she came down from studying. Sometimes, Rose would take part in that too but mostly she kept to herself. It had so long she had heard from either.

Mia made her way back to Shawn’s but the sound of crunching leaves announced the arrival of Maya again and she spun around to block her assault with her arm but gasped loudly as she felt cool metal slicing through her.

She raised her pain filled, wide eyes to see the dark forest spreading in front of her. Maya was almost hugging her but Mia could imagine her vicious smirk and Mia’s heart pinched in a painful way.

“See, that wasn’t so difficult. You see, I hate to play games,” Maya said as she plunged the knife deeper into Mia and pulled it back with herself. Mia fell on her knees and tried to breathe the air that was becoming thick. Her vision blurred with the tears that settled on her lower lids before she blinked them away.

Maya bent down on the ground, “Goodbye for good, Mia,” she whispered in her air. Mia closed her eyes, clutching her wound, she thought about Enrique and Shawn. Trevor and Rose.

Shawn who was dying because of her, bleeding just a little far from her but she couldn’t see him. Enrique, who was hurting because of her, Trevor and Rose, who she hadn’t seen in such a long time, probably because…they must be in trouble too, knowing she was never the girl they were looking for, the one they wanted for their freedom from Klaus.

Mia drew in a shaky breath, waiting for the darkness to claim her. Maybe, she deserved this, this fate. She was not a good person. She had hurt so many people in her life. Thinking that way, the pain became bearable.

“He’ll-figure you-out-in a-second,” she couldn’t help the words, knowing what they shared could not be replaced that easily. She wished she were able to say goodbye. She felt guilty now for fighting with him over phone. What does it matter, who he was? He loved her and that should’ve been enough. It was enough.

The voice rang in her ears, “You should be careful with what you wish for.” She didn’t wish for that. She just asked for a break. She remembered her own answer, ‘A day, a month, a year. I don’t know, whenever I feel like it.’ She felt like it now. She wanted him near her. She wanted to apologize and say so much more. A silent tear escape her eye at the thoughts.

“Oh. He’ll come around,” Maya said and kicked her again like a ragged doll in her way, relishing in Mia’s scream of agony but by now, Mia was unaware of it all as the darkness surrounded her, plunging her into deep, dark, inescapable abyss of silence, numbing her completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you, awesome guys,

If there's anything wrong with the this story, let me know. I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism. If you're losing interest in it, let me know why and what do you want to see. I'll definitely take it into account.

Other than that, Thank you so much for all the people who are still with me and I may not reply to somethings but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. I simply adore each and everyone of you and a response from you always brighten my day.