Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Invitation

Mia jumped through a flight of stairs, making her way to the front door where the bell rang for like third time now. “No Jake! I’ll get it. You stay in there.” Mia shouted and Jake retreated back into the living room. Mia opened the door to find Bonnie standing with two shopping bags in her hands. Mia’s smile lighted up her face as she greeted and asked her inside. “Matt told me you were living with Claire and Jake, so…” Bonnie started but Mia cut her off with a flick of her hand, “Of course, he did. It’s ok. I’m glad you’re here,” she pointed towards Jake and made the introduction. “That’s Jake. Jake, this is Bonnie, my friend.” Jake smiled and stepped forward, “I know who she is, silly.” Mia rolled her eyes, “Why don’t you keep her company then, while I’ll go get something for the two of you.” “No, its fine. I've got to leave anyway. I…um…just came over to give you this.”

Bonnie handed over the shopping bags to her. Mia took it hesitantly, eyeing Bonnie and opened the bag to see a dark purple outfit and a shoe box. Mia’s eyes widen, “No, you didn't. I told you it was ok. You didn't have to do this.” “I know, but I wanted to. Besides, I also had to come and invite you over for a party,” Bonnie explained with excitement of a three year old. Mia frowned, “Thanks for the invite…but I…I don’t do parties. Plus, I don’t know anybody around here.” And then she mentally slapped herself for saying the last sentence. Now, Bonnie would insist even more, and she did. “I know. You are new here and don’t know much people but this is your chance now, isn't? You will meet others and it’s a party. It’ll be fun. Plus, we’ll get to know each other better. I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourself.” Bonnie gushed and then wiggled her eyebrows, “Ooh…maybe we’ll find you a cute guy. There are many handsome faces to look for in Mystic Falls, you know.” Mia lowered her eyes to the ground and gave a small smile but her mind was stuck now on the name that made her feel warm and tingly but frustrated like hell when she couldn't put a face to it. He must be important if his name was the only thing she remembered from her past with her own. She had to find him, but how…she had no idea. She didn't know his face, God…she didn't even remember his full name. “Come on, Mia. It’ll be fun.” Bonnie’s voice snapped her out of her train of thoughts, “Whose party is it, anyway?” she asked. “Oh, it’s at the Mayor’s place. It’s like the whole town is there.” Bonnie was explaining when Jake interfered, “Oh. At Tyler’s house. Mom and I are going too, Mia. You should come with us though it’s boring,” he pouted, “there’s nothing except food and lot of people and drinks I have to stay away from. But their house is huge and you could get lost but I know all the places. So, you’ll have to stay with me,” he finished. Mia smiled at him, “Well with you there, Jake. I doubt it’ll be boring.” Jake chuckled, “I know.” And Bonnie’s smile grew seeing, that Mia had agreed to attend the party. Now, she will be able to get to know her better and figure her out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and sort of filler but it gets better, I promise.