Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Belated Discovery

Mia stood there, letting the pain take over her completely. It was the only thing she was capable of feeling at the moment. She understood Damon in an overall complete way. How he felt all those years. Loving someone, only to lose them or watch them love someone else.

“Mia?” Enrique’s voice brought her back to the Earth as she looked at him with blank eyes, “I’m…so sorry for…everything,” he said as he came to hug her and she returned it with the same ferocity, her emotions taking over her. “What,” he paused, “What can I do, Mia?” he asked and pulled back to look at her.

Mia shook her head as she tried to offer him a smile but it died right there, “I, uh. I just need to be alone,” she said, pulling back from him.
“Being alone wouldn’t do you any good. You need to be with your friends,” he urged but she shook her head again.

“Do it for me, then,” she whispered, “I’ll be fine. I just…for some time,” she cleared her throat, “I need to be alone,” she stressed her words as she made her way up the stairs.

She saw the door to her room and realized, she didn’t wanted to be there…with Jake in it. It was too much. He was still unstable. Other than times when he was sleeping, he was either crying, screaming or cursing Damon and she didn’t want to hear that.

She eyed the door to Damon’s room. She could go there and let it all out but it too felt so much. It would remind her of everything and she didn’t want that either. She thought about Damon’s words. Couldn’t she just turn it off like him and pretend that everything was fine when it definitely wasn’t?

She then spotted the last room at the end of the hall and walked towards it. Shutting the door behind her, she let herself fall to the bed and bawled her eyes out, hoping that with each tear, a small fraction of frustration will leave her but it never happened. Instead, all her feelings crashed into her, drowning her and she let it, having no other choice.

Thud! The heavy voice of something falling startled Mia as she sat on her bed suddenly and looked around the room for the source of the voice but the door was close and she was alone. She must’ve fallen sleep, she thought as she stretched her body.

She got up from the bed and walked groggily to the other side of the bed when her foot hit something. She gasped and looked down. A very familiar notebook laid there, on the floor.

Probably, the thing that made that sound, she thought as she picked it up and examined the leather cover that encased the pages within. She remembered it. It was the same book that kind of called to her when she saw it first, a few days ago when she borrowed journals from Stefan.
God, all of his journals were gone, burnt in the fire and she never even read them all. Her heartbeat accelerated and her breaths came in short as she flipped the cover to see the name of the owner.

She couldn’t believe it. How was it that they both were connected? Was she completely awake or still in her slumber? It must be a coincidence, she thought but was it? Was it really a coincidence or did the truth ran deeper than she knew?

She could hear the drumming of her own heart beat as it pounded in her chest. She slowly ran her fingers on the name inscribed in gold on the inner cover as if she would feel the connection, feel the burden it carried. She blinked her eyes to see if the words in front of her were not a mere illusion.

Zach Parisi Salvatore, it said.