Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Confession

"Elena?" Stefan entered the dark room, "Where's Mia?"

"Huh," she looked back to see Stefan, "She was sleeping in the last room, why?" she asked, turning her gaze upon Damon again who sat still on the chair, beads of sweat sticking his hair to his face.

Damon scoffed, "Are you that naive, Elena?" he said, "He's not asking you that, he's trying to invoke something in me."

Stefan ignored him completely, "She's not there, I checked. In fact, I checked everywhere and she's nowhere to be seen."

Damon gasped and feigned a worried expression, "Is she alright? Oh my, Stefan. You have to let me out. I need to help her."

Elena gaped at his smirk while Stefan shook his head, "Uh, yeah. You're not going out, buddy," he said, smiling.

"Buddy?" Damon said, turning serious again, "Are you for real?" he asked skeptical.

"Oh, very," Stefan replied as he drew back the shield from the window, letting fine rays of sun to stream in, hitting Damon in face.

Damon screamed in agony, "It's not gonna get you anywhere," he said in a hissing tone.

"We'll see," Stefan replied as he threw the blood bag to Elena and covered the window with shield again. Elena opened the bag and took it to Damon lips who looked at it hungrily. He drew in a sip but then spit it out, coughing out the vervained blood. "I'm gonna kill you both once I get out of this and mark my words brother," he regarded Stefan with pure hostility, "I'm gonna make your life a living hell."

"If you get out," Stefan pointed out, "I'll be sure to take care of it until you," he pointed at him, "don't turn it on and once you do. I don't think I'll have to worry about your empty threat here," he shrugged.

Damon turned to Elena, "Elena, please. Let me out," he said in a retired tone.

"I want to, Damon but really, you have to try. At least, try to feel," she said softly.

"But it doesn't do any good," he replied stubbornly.

"Well, then I can't help you," she said simply and Damon glared at her.

"I'm gonna leave you alone you to your thoughts now," Stefan said as Elena slipped out the door, "The faster you're back, the better it will be for...all of us."

"Rot in hell," Damon hissed.

"Been there. Done that," Stefan replied coolly and sighed, "Just think about Mia, Damon. Think of what she's going through. She needs you right now. So, please, if not for anything, come back for her. She loves you, you know and you're gonna lose her if you keep this up. She wouldn't wait forever" he said as he closed the door, not letting him reply because he knew it would be acidic and cold.

**************************

"Who are you?" Mia asked, her voice and face both showing all the emotions she felt.

"I'm like you," he said and took a step forward, "You don't have to be afraid."

"What do you mean," she swallowed, "like me?" she questioned, taking a step back with his every advancing move towards her.

"I'm an angel, Mia," he said softly.

"You're what?" she inhaled sharply as she gaped at him, unbelieving of the words she just heard.

"An angel, Mia. Just like you." he repeated.

"Oh my God," she shook her head, "Oh my...how? How can...what about Enrique?" she paused and started to shake her head again, "God, you're not Enrique...you're a...what?"

"Mia, calm down. I told you're not ready. I'm an idiot," he said as he came to take her by shoulders again and squeezed to calm her, "Just take deep breaths and it'll pass and we'll talk, ok?" he looked at her hard.

Mia kept nodding her head, trying to digest the truth and took deep breaths as he asked her to. After a few minutes passed, she felt better. Not ok...but better. "You better start talking," she said, chuckling without humor, "I'm losing my mind."

"You're not. Just cool down." he insisted.

"I'm fine," she said, inhaling deeply and released her breath slowly. "Where's Enrique?" she asked.

He cleared his throat, "He really was their brother, Mia but like you figured out, he was older now and so weak. He would've died anyway. In fact, he was dying when he offered his body."

"Offered his body?" she almost shrieked but he kept her at place.

"Yes, offered his body..."

"For what?" she asked suddenly.

"Hold on, I'm trying," he shook his head at her impatience, "I'm different than you..."

"You just said, you were like me," she cut him off.

"If you just listen to me, I'll explain but your curiosity will kill you this way," he said sternly but his voice had an edge of amusement to it.
"Ok. Ok, I'll stay quiet," she assured him.

"I'm an angel but I'm the fallen one. One of the original angels that fell from heaven and have stayed on this Earth ever since. You're different because, you're not an original angel. You're born a human and gain angelic powers when times calls for it and if it calls. Now, because you have a human part in you, you appear normal and all. I, however am not that normal..."

"Why are you abnormal?" she asked confused, "You look fine to me," she said, roaming her eyes all over his profile. Great, she was nervous talking now.

"Again with the interference," he complained and she shrugged, "Ok, I'm not normal because,"

"You're a fallen angel," she said as if a student repeating what the teacher taught in a lecture.

"Yes. Humans can't see us clearly, if we're in our original form and neither can we feel. We're just existing...and invisible, which is why we need a human body, you know to dwell in."

Mia blinked absorbing this piece of information, "So, you took Enrique's?"

"Yes," he replied.

"But where is he then?" she shook her head, "Is he still in there?" she leaned forward to look into his eyes, almost unconsciously.

Enrique leaned back, "No, he's gone."

Realization clicked in her mind as she crossed her arms again in a comforting gesture. It took her a moment to form coherent words, "You killed him?" she asked, her voice tiny.

Enrique jumped, "No, no. He was dying already and he did so willingly."

"So, he's dead now?"

"Yes, he's gone now. It's difficult to possess a living body. The soul inside fights us and it usually results in damage or death of the host. So, we wait for them to be in the dying stages, that's when the hold of their own soul is weak and it slips out with ease, accommodating ours."

"What happened with Enrique? Why would he give it willingly?" she asked, trying to make sense of the story.

"I was in this town some time ago. I heard fighting so, I went there. There was this, bleeding person and he was so close to dying. So, I waited in the darkness for him to be weak enough and I hoped it was night of comet so, I could just take his body..."

"The night of comet?" she shook her head, tapping her fingers on the elbow of her other arm.

"Night of comet passing is important. It just holds so much of energy and power that it is significant for all magical beings. It's actually the only time when we can take a body without exhausting ourselves," he shrugged and continued with the story, "but that night, with him was a warlock. He was powerful enough to sense my presence. He informed Enrique about me. Enrique was worried and he made me a deal."

"What deal?" she asked, knowing well enough it wasn’t needed but she needed to do something than just stand. Asking the question made her feel in power and she needed that strength right now.

"He asked me to leave the other person alone. Though I knew he was a werewolf and that much blood loss was fatal for even them but Enrique didn't agree with me. He told me that specific was powerful...like an original sort and that he would recover soon," he paused, "Night of comet was close so, I needed a body. He told me that I could take him. He was old and he would die soon anyway."

"So, he traded places with that bleeding wolf?"

"Yes but he asked me to take him late at the given night. He wanted a few hours from me and he didn't know of the night of comet when he promised me that. I suppose that would be time he went to Zach," he shrugged.

Mia nodded, "Yes. That's why he said, he wouldn't be the same person anymore and that he should not trust him after that night," she watched Enrique, waiting for him to confirm her.

"That must be it," he smiled.

"Why was he willing to die at his place? What was so special about that wolf that was bleeding?" she asked.

"I really don't know and I seriously don't care. It was least of my problems. He just said he would recover which seemed unlikely to me..."

"What about?" Mia cut him off and ran her fingers through her hair, "You? I knew you from when I was young. You were there with me and you got this body...when?"

"Just a few years ago," he said, "but about that, it was a mere illusion. It was never me and I was never there. You couldn't see me. I just put incidents in your mind so that you would, you know think that I was your friend from the very start."

"What?" she shrieked, "Why would you do that?"

"Your mind was human. It always trust someone like that. Someone from your past, someone whose memories remain with you. It was just so, you would feel that connection with me," he said resigned, He never wanted to say these things but it was out now and she was right, she did deserve the truth.

Mia swallowed and chuckled without humor. How was it possible that in just one night, everything she knew changed routes, twisting and turning and then hitting her with full force? "When did you do this?" she asked, surprising herself with her calm voice when emotions inside her were raging.

"After I took the body, I couldn't create an illusion. So, I did it before then. You were new to Lakewood that time and you had gotten yourself a job. I visited you and put it in your memories and locked them away. I knew you were a Markowitz and also knew that you didn't had your memories with yourself. Being an angel myself, I also knew that you would get them once you start to unlock your powers so, I just," he shrugged, "did it."

"I didn't knew you then?"

"No, you were sleeping when I did that. Everything was perfectly planned. There was comet passing in a few days and the body was already arranged. Once, I had that body, I knew I would come see you and everything will be fine."

"That's why you chose the name, Enrique Parisi to enter my mind. You had a deal with him already?"

"Yes," he replied, running his hands through his hair and sighed, "It's pretty dark, Mia. I think you should leave now."

Mia looked around and saw the darkening sky as Enrique put his hands in his pockets, "Why did you wanted me to trust you so much?" she asked suddenly.

Enrique went rigid at the question but quickly recovered himself, "That's for another time, Mia. With all the information I've dumped on you...I think it's better if you just stick to that for a while," he said softly with understanding in his voice.

Mia didn't want that but she didn't argued with him. It was true, she was really tired and her mind was going numb thinking about all the things he told her. "You know about Silas too, right?" she asked, remembering his reaction to the name.

"Yes, I do," he said bitterly with a hard edge to his voice and Mia knew she didn't want to know more about that at the moment. It was obviously a sensitive topic with him as it was with everyone else. She started to walk away from the burnt site thinking about going home, about Damon. Would he still act indifferently like before? She hoped he would have turned it on by now. She needed him now more than ever and then she stopped herself. How selfish could she be...it was him who needed her more, not the other way around. She was not going to break this time, she made a vow to herself. She would help him like he helped her.

"A penny for your thoughts," Enrique said as he walked with her, his step matching hers.

"Damon," she said automatically and then bit her tongue but Enrique didn't react to her statement as he calmly asked her. "What about him?" he asked.

She thought for a moment without replying. Should she tell him about this? Should she even talk to him about this? "Nothing, I'm just...we had a fight," she said finally, seeing no need to tell him that he turned it off.

"I'm sorry," he said simply and Mia turned to look at him and then smiled. "Thanks," she whispered, "It's weird, I just found out today that he was your brother and then I found out he was not...Salvatore's are a mystery," she sighed.

"Salvatore?" he repeated and then looked at her, "Shoot, how could I be so blind?" he said abruptly and Mia skidded to a stop. "I knew he looked familiar. I just...couldn't. Shoot, this is a mess. He was just...all this time, I..."

"Enrique, what's wrong?" Mia asked, taking him by his arm and he looked at her with wide eyes.

"Mia, I need you to go home and rest, ok?" I'll see you soon. Something just came to my...stagnant brain. I have to go," he said hastily.
"Is it about Damon?" she asked as he started to run.

"No, it's so much bigger than that. I'll let you know once I confirm it," he replied and Mia ran after him.

"Wait! I don't even your real name," she said and he stopped.

Turning around, he smiled at her, "It's Camiel but you can call me Cam," he said as he turned to leave again.

"Cam," she whispered, testing the feel of his name as he disappeared into the dark night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry, the next chapter will have Damon and there's a hope that he might come back. :D
Thanks for reading and comment/recommend/subscribe to let me know, how you like it. You guys rock...Damon is so going to love you all. ;)