Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Girl From Prophecy

It had been three days since their return with the information. Caroline sat on the couch besides Elena while Stefan explained everything about the so called prophecy. Damon sat at his usual spot with a drink in his hand eyeing the three crazy vampires sitting in front of him.

“But she said she will be able to help her once we find her,” Elena said, “Doesn't that mean we will find her?” she emphasized the last sentence and looked at the three of them pointedly. Damon scoffed, “Are you even listening to yourself?” he stood up, “She was a God damn human, Elena. Not some freaky fortune teller,” he turned towards Stefan, “I don’t believe in what she said anyway. It was a waste of time. These are stories. You guys need to grow up.” He mocked. “Maybe,” Stefan said, “but it seemed like she was hiding something, something important,” Stefan eyed Damon now, “and after that stunt you pulled. I couldn't even…” Damon cut him off, “Yeah, well. Guess what, little brother? She was asking for it.” Damon noticed the glare Elena gave him and he rolled his eyes, “Or, he was. I mean, for real. If that Snow White didn't do anything, her prince in shining armor was surely pissing me off with that attitude,” he shrugged casually and took a sip of his drink. Elena shook her head and turned to Caroline.

“Well, what do you…” Elena stopped in mid-sentence as Caroline stood up from her seat and kept staring at Elena in disbelief. Her eyes wide and lips parted as if the words she wanted to say were caught up in her throat. Elena fidgeted under her gaze, feeling self-conscious. She took a step forward towards Caroline with her eyebrows raised, “What is it? Caroline?” she asked. “It’s her.” Caroline whispered and turned to Stefan. “It’s obvious. It has to be,” she blinked. “What?” Damon asked, his brows knitted together. Caroline turned towards Damon, “Don’t you see? It’s Elena. Everything fits her description,” she explained, “She’s the good one with Katherine as her doppelgänger; an evil look alike.”
Damon’s expression was a mixture of shock, disbelief and pride before he pulled back the impassive mask, hiding whatever he felt. Elena stared at Caroline as if she had grown two heads. “And, well…um…it was also…you know, when you had to, uh…” Caroline mumbled to support her theory but with Damon standing in front of her, she couldn't get the words out, not like she cared about him, but still. “And Elena’s the one who had to make a choice,” Damon explained whatever Caroline couldn't and looked at both Stefan and Elena who stood there as children in kindergarten who were being taught Theory of Relativity. “Between brothers,” Damon finished and gulped his drink.

“No way,” Elena gasped, “it’s not right,” she looked helplessly at Stefan, “Stefan, it’s not…I’m just me and a vampire like the three of you.” Stefan hurried towards Elena and took her by shoulders, “Its ok. We’ll figure it out and it could be you. You've always been a special one, sweetie.” Damon rolled his eyes at the endearment Stefan used. “Great, now that we all agree to one point and we also know that she has chosen ‘her one’,” he hand quoted it, “we can go and see the powers she behold to defeat the great enemy.” “Can you just shut up and give her a moment to absorb it all.” Caroline adopted a scolding tone which amused Damon. “Why? Blon…” he started but Elena cut him off. “I don’t have it, Damon. It’s not me. You guys know me for such a long time. I have no power or anything. It’s all just messed up and I…” “You have to believe in yourself, Elena. It’s the only way.” Stefan said, trying to reassure her and pleaded with his eyes to ask Caroline to help her. “Stefan’s right, Elena. We can’t give up. We just need to look in the right place and we’ll figure it all out.” She took on a soft tone when Elena kept shaking her head, “We have to stop Silas before he do something real bad.” She gave Elena a hug. “We’ll talk to Bonnie about it, ok? She might be able to help us.” Elena nodded at her and Caroline grinned at Stefan victoriously.

“Where are you going?” Stefan asked Damon who was going upstairs. “Well, a man’s gotta get ready, brother,” he smirked. Stefan’s eyes blazed with anger, “No, you’re not going to do anything until she figures it out for herself,” he hissed at Damon. “I don’t care about the powers, brother,” he looked over at Elena to see hurt flash in her eyes. Usually, it would have made him feel bad and he would have covered it up but now, he tried to ignore all such actions and treated them with indifference, “and I sure as hell don’t give a damn about you. I’m invited at her boyfriend’s party,” he shot a look at Caroline, “and I have every intention of attending and enjoying it,” he smirked, “and maybe find myself some good dinner. I’m fed up from this drama and now that you two lovebirds have chosen each other, I hope you find the solution to our problem…fast.”

And with that he left, leaving behind a very hurt Elena and a very angry Caroline. Sure, Elena chose Stefan but it never meant she hated Damon. She loved him and cared about him. She hated to see him hurt but she couldn't do anything about it, knowing she would never chose him over Stefan. Her trying to comfort and care for him only hurt him more to which he always retaliated in the worst of ways.