Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Turning it On

She ran straight towards Mia, her eyes wide with fear, her hair blowing as she ran out of the door. Mia recognized the girl at once. It was hard to forget her actually, seeing Damon with her was a heart pinching sight and now she was running away. It was known that she will run away but the fear in her eyes was too much.

Mia quickly closed the door behind her, thinking of what could she have possibly seen to scare her so much. Just then, the source entered the room. His eyes were hollow with dark circles beneath them. His pale and weak skin with his stumbling stride was a shock to her senses. She had never seen him so…frail. His otherwise perfect hair were a mess, sticking on his forehead with sweat. The splotches of blood around his lips and on his shirt told her enough.

“Damon?” she looked at him but his eyes were fixed on the door behind her. Her voice snapped him out of his daze as he looked at her and moved forward, his steps faltering. She had never seen him falter and she couldn’t imagine what had happened to him.

Before Mia could comprehend anything or his behavior, Damon had her back against the front door, pressing into her as he inclined his head to her neck and just as quickly she felt the razors sinking deep into her skin.

She whimpered against him, trying to make sense of his actions but the pain was consuming her. Another part was just excited that he was close enough, that she could touch him, that he was touching her.

“Damon,” she whispered in a pathetic voice, the first night they met, replaying into her mind. She tried to push him away but just as first time, he wouldn’t budge. She could feel the energy draining out of her, her breathing getting heavier.

“Damon, you’re hurting me,” she tried again but to no avail and then he was pulled off her in a snap and she saw him hitting the table at the farther corner, breaking all the china into small pieces.

“Are you out of your sick mind?” Stefan snarled at him and Elena rushed to Mia who was pressing her hand to her neck, trying to stop the bleeding.

“How did he get out?” Elena asked but Mia just shook her head. “You need blood,” Elena said as she led Mia into the living room. Damon looked at her carefully when she passed him. He noticed how she avoided to touch him and squirmed as she went, her blood seeping through her fingers as she pressed it to her wound.

“You could’ve killed her,” Stefan hissed.

“But I didn’t,” he replied just as menacingly as he launched himself forward and crashed into Stefan, taking him down with him as he connected his fist with the side of his face. “I promised you a hell, brother,” Damon said as he effortlessly landed another punch to Stefan’s face.

“Get off him,” Elena snarled from behind, pushing Damon off of Stefan who quickly got to his feet and pushed Elena behind him, standing in a protective stance, ready to take on Damon.

“Hello, boys,” the door opened as she entered the room and flashed a brilliant smile. She took in the scene before her and rubbed her hands in enjoyment, “I forgot how much I enjoyed the drama with the famous Salvatore brothers,” she said, “about a girl, I presume,” she looked at Elena and smiled coyly.

"Look, who graced us with her presence," Damon smirked at her as he straightened himself, "If it isn't the Original sister, herself."

“Wonderful to see you too, Damon,” she smirked, “Miss me?” She flashed her eyebrows.

“Terribly,” Damon replied with his hand on his heart as he breathed out, “On second thought though, it was quite peaceful without you.”

“Somehow, I doubt that or your definition of peace is way off line,” Rebekah replied.

“You know Blondie, your over protective brother has been looking for you,” Damon said, ignoring her comment, “Why don't you, be a good girl and run home, huh?" he said, shooing her away with his hand.

“Oh, spare me the Klaus speech. I’m looking for something that is in your possession,” she said turning her gaze on Stefan and Elena, “The cure,” she explained.

“What cure?” Stefan asked, knitting his eyebrows together, “I thought there was only one.”

Rebekah scoffed, “Who are you making a fool of, Stefan?” she said icily. “I know you have it and I need it,” she took a step towards him, “now.”

“There was just one cure. You said so yourself,” Elena pointed out.

“Yes but I was wrong,” Rebekah replied impatiently, “And then, I thought a mortal who waited for two thousand years to awake from his slumber didn’t keep a second plan for himself and his lover.”

“But we don’t have it,” Elena said, “There was only one and we lost it,” she said as Rebekah rolled her eyes and made her way into the living room. She stopped as she spotted Mia, playing with gauze in her hand while other rested on her neck.

“Oh, Damon,” she said with a smile, “Someone’s been playing bad,” she turned to look at Damon who was scowling at her. “I thought you were…resisting with Elena here. Don’t wanna make a bad impression now, do we?” she mocked.

“Why don’t you drag your sorry self out, Blondie?” he said annoyed, eyeing Mia who was looking at Rebekah with rapt attention.
“I’m Rebekah,” she introduced herself as she extended her hand to greet Mia. Mia shook her hand with a smile, “Mia,” she replied.

“Oh, I heard about you,” Rebekah said pleased, “You’re where the unfortunate vial of life went,” she said faking a smile and Mia took a step back. “Your scent is heavenly. So…mouthwatering. Don’t you agree, Damon?”

“Leave her alone,” Stefan said before Damon could interfere and he really wanted to. He didn’t want Rebekah anywhere near Mia.
“Gladly,” Rebekah took a step back, “Tell me where the cure is and I wouldn’t do anything. I hate mess as much as you do.”
“We told you, we don’t have it,” Stefan said tightly, “We don’t even knew another one existed.”

“Come on, Stefan. Don’t make me end it badly. I wouldn’t ask it again. It was there and you were the first to reach it,” she said menacingly, “Now, where is it?”

“I told you, we don’t have it,” Elena replied.

“Oh, little sweet Elena. Why would I lie?’ she asked, raising her eye brow.

“Because you’re a bitch and a lying, manipulative at that,” Damon offered from the door, causally striding towards her and Mia.

“He has it off, hasn’t he?” she asked, no one in particular and turned her attention to Mia.

“Where’s the cure, Mia? Maybe, you’re smart than them,” she asked impatiently and bored as she took another step forward, inhaling the intoxicating scent of her blood. It sparked her body alive, inviting her in.

Mia looked around to Damon who was just looking at her with narrowed eyes, Stefan who was nodding his head in understanding and Elena who was encouraging her to hold on with her eyes.

“I don’t…” Mia started but saw the veins protruding on Rebekah’s face as she lunged at Mia’s neck, angling her head to perfect position. Mia grunted and closed her eyes.

Mia was so pale already and her delicate frame was shuddering with pain as she tried to push the blonde vampire off her. Something clicked in Damon at the moment, fear. Fear that she was in pain and would give up. Fear that Rebekah wouldn’t stop. Fear that he’ll lose her and then he felt the pain at thought of losing her.

Stefan leapt at her but was tackled by someone from behind as the vampire threw Stefan on Elena and they both skidded on the floor to hit the opposite wall.

Damon didn’t waste a moment as he ran towards Mia, a purpose shining in his eyes. “Get your filthy hands off her,” he snarled as he moved with swift speed but Rebekah was faster than that. She left Mia’s neck, turned around and Snap!

Everything slowed down or maybe the adrenaline in her let her see everything clearly. The fear in his blue eyes as he looked at her with Rebekah's hands on his neck, fear for her, the helplessness he felt but the thing that mattered, was apology in his eyes as he closed them. Damon fell heavily on the floor, his neck twisted at abnormal position and Mia let out a scream, seeing his blue eyes going lifeless as he hit the floor. It was so familiar to what she saw with Claire but the pain was infinity times more.

She felt the breaking inside her, starting with a crack in her heart. Suddenly, she felt cold, empty, incomplete as if everything was snatched from her. She tried to breathe but everything normal and functioning had halted. It was gone. Somehow, her purpose and will to live vanished.

The taste of Mia’s blood was fresh on Rebekah’s tongue and she couldn’t resist herself as she lunged for Mia again but this time, Mia didn’t fought back, didn’t put up any amount of resistance. His face flashing in front of her eyes, the moment life returned to his blue eyes and he came for her.

She saw Elena from the corner of her eyes as she punched the vampire and held his arms behind his back and Stefan quickly thrust his hand in the vampire’s chest and ripped his heart out.

Her eyes returned to Damon’s lifeless form. He just died right in front of her and she didn’t want anything else than death itself. It was difficult to live with his humanity off, how would she survive with absolutely no him, she thought painfully.

Stefan rushed towards her and yanked Rebekah back from her. Mia wanted to stop him. She wanted to tell him that it was what she wanted, to go with Damon. She didn’t want to stay here alone but she couldn’t get any word out except his name.

Once free from Rebekah’s grasp, she fell beside Damon and took his head in her lap, gently caressing his face as her tears fell freely on him. “Don’t go,” she whispered to him but he remained still.

“He’s fine, Mia,” Elena said as she crouched beside her. Mia looked up to see her, “But he…she snapped his neck like he did with Claire’s,” she whispered in a broken voice.

“Yes, but he’s a vampire. They can only die with a stake through heart or if someone rips it out,” she explained as she nodded towards the vampire Stefan killed, “He’s unconscious but he’ll come around. He’ll be up in a few,” she assured her.

“Are you sure?” Mia asked as a flair of hope ignited inside her.

“Yes,” Elena smiled, “but I’m not so sure about you. You bled so much. You need a bottle or you could take mine, it’ll heal you,” Elena said.
“Elena,” Stefan called her cautiously as they looked at Rebekah who was writhing in pain, tossing and turning on the floor without a sound, blood gurgling out of her mouth with bubbles as she choked on it.

Elena gasped and quickly stood up, “Stefan, what’s wrong with her? What’s going on?” she asked hastily as she came to Stefan’s side and took his hand.

“I don’t know…I’ve never seen anything like it before,” he said as she went still, her eyes wide, pain apparent in them. Blue veins started to appear on her face first, slowly covering her whole body as she twitched once and then wild, fire caught her.

“Stefan!” Elena almost screamed, “She’s…she’s dead. How could she…die?” she asked, her voice small and unbelieving.

“Is she really dead?” Mia asked, “Because Elena said that a vampire could die only if…” she started but Elena gasped again, openly gaping at Mia.
“Where’s your wound?” she asked, pointing towards Mia.

Mia touched her neck, “I…I don’t know. It’s ok. Doesn’t hurt anymore,” she said as she checked her fingers to see the blood but her hand was clean.

“You…you healed yourself,” Stefan said and then looked at Rebekah, everything clicking into place, “and you killed her.”

“What?” Mia said, offended, “I didn’t kill her,” she argued.

“No, no. Not intentionally but your blood...” Stefan said and sighed, disbelief toning her voice.

Mia shook her head, not understanding but slowly it dawned upon her and she touched her necklace, it was warm and comfortable in her hands. She looked at them with wide eyes, feeling an intense thrumming in her body as adrenaline flooded her veins.

This is it, she thought with a thrill of excitement and dread.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys. Here it is. I really need feedback so, please let me know what you guys think of this chapter, the story and the direction it's headed. Thank you for reading. <3