Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Changing

There was beautiful light at the end of tunnel and she was slowly walking towards it, taking it all in, the feelings of peace it brought. There was a voice faraway telling her something but she couldn’t make the words. She, however could still listen the voice in her head when she was plunged into the darkness, the same voice that told her, ‘We’ll always be watching. Everything happens for a reason. Time will come.’

She pushed those voices away as she came to stand in the warm, bright light and it was a vortex, transporting her again. She wanted to be afraid, it always took her to places she that revealed another ugly truth but she wasn’t afraid. She was still calm and happy.

She could feel the softness now, something soft against her cheek and a tickling sensation on her neck. She tried to move but her body was locked and everything was so quiet, it was deafening. She took a deep breath and a familiar calming, soothing scent relaxed her suddenly.
She liked it, the peace and warmth but the quietness. She didn’t like the quietness much and that was the reason she willed her eyes to open and look at her surroundings.

The filtered light entered the room through huge windows, brightening up the otherwise dimly lit room. Looking at the tall and huge windows, she wondered how big the room must be. Sweeping away the tickling hair from her neck, she pulled them up into a messy bun as she sat up on the bed and her eyes widened. The bed was huge and suddenly she felt herself as a small piece placed on the double sort of king sized bed as she leaned back.

There was no one except her in the five star room and it certainly looked like one to her with its dark wooden interior. At the corner was a dresser and a pile of books were stacked beside it on the Persian rug. She tried to read the titles of the book but couldn’t from that far away.
Left to her was a side table which was clean except for a lamp and a bouquet of flowers that rested there. She reached out and took the bouquet. It was beautiful and scent was exquisite. Now, she knew where the scent was coming from. However, there was no note attached to it and she thought for the first time, Where am I?

“Damon’s room,” the voice answered her thoughts as she looked at the figure that was leaning against the door frame. Damon’s room, she thought, figures. It was classy and masculine with a dark touch to it. She was sitting in Damon’s bed, she mused as she flushed at her thoughts.
“You look so much like her.”

Mia was snapped out of her thoughts and paid attention to the stranger girl. She was beautiful and delicate, her black hair tumbled down her shoulders to her waist and had framed her petite face. Her charcoal black eyes bore into Mia’s and seeing the glassiness in them, Mia could tell they held many secrets.

The girl nodded to the flowers, “They’re beautiful,” she said and Mia pried her eyes from the girl to the flowers and a smile graced her features.

“Yes, they are,” she nodded in agreement.

“You know the flowers speak,” she said as she took the vacant chair beside the bed. Mia looked at the bouquet. She loved flowers but that was the extent of her knowledge regarding them.

She knew about lavenders because they were her favorite and their long stalks had outlined the bouquet with a single deep red rose in the center which was surrounded by cluster of white flowers. Small green and white flowers seemed to be showered over the whole thing and it looked gorgeous.

She picked up the small green flower which looked more like a leaf to her as she held it up to get a better look at it.

“It’s a clover,” the girl said and Mia raised her eyes to look at her. “Be mine,” she whispered with a smile, “That’s what it says,” she explained when Mia knitted her eye brows together.

Mia stared at her for a moment before returning her gaze to the flower in her hand. “Be mine,” she whispered as she smiled at it as her heart melted into a gooey mess inside her chest. She could feel the warm blood flooding her veins as she blushed.

“Of course, you know about the rose,” the girl said and Mia nodded absently. I love you, that’s what it said. “I’m Samantha, by the way,” she said as she extended her hand and Mia took it with a smile, “Mia,” she replied.

“I know. Damon told me,” she shrugged. Mia remembered the name. Samantha was the one Damon had gone to for information hunt after they fought.

“What are…?” Mia started.

“Damon called when you passed out. He was worried,” she replied Mia’s unasked question.

Mia shook her head, “How long was I out?”

“Two days.”

“Two days?” Mia asked incredulous.

“Yes, transformation is an exhausting process,” she chuckled.

“Transformation?” Why was anything not making sense to her?

“Yes, you’re transforming. You’re more of an angel now. How does your back feel?” she asked.

That’s when everything rushed to her mind, her talk with Enrique, Damon feeding off her, Rebekah and how she killed him…and that terrible feeling and then how she killed Rebekah and then the burning pain in her back.

Mia touched her back and could feel the hard ridges of bone under her skin, “What…”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine once they come out. The skin and soreness and all. It’ll be fine.”

“They?” Mia swallowed.

“Your wings,” she smiled proudly as if it was the best thing in the world.

“My what?” Mia jumped back.

“You still don’t get the idea of being an angel, do you?” she chuckled but Mia knew it was forced. The girl was pissed at her but her eyes showed nothing but compassion.

“I-I don’t know but…wings? Really?” Mia said unsure.

“Yes and the quicker you accept it, the easier your transformation is gonna be.”

“Hmm,” Mia sighed, “Who are you?” she asked, “How do you know all this?”

“Cam was right. So impatient,” she mused, “I’ll tell you my life story once you figure out your own,” she replied.

“Figure my own?” Mia looked at her as if she had grown two heads.

“Yes because a lot has yet to come. Just know that,” she leaned forward and looked hard and straight at Mia, “I’ll be here to help you through it all. You can trust me.”

Mia gave her a single rigid nod, “Are you like Cam?” she asked.

Samantha chuckled again as she got up from the chair, “Yeah. Something like that…but not entirely,” she smiled teasingly as she turned to leave, “I’ll send him in,” she said as she turned around again to face her, “Your choices effect everything. Be careful, making them,” she gave her an apologetic smile as she exited the room.

Mia closed her eyes as she leaned against the head post and sighed. What did she mean, a lot has yet to come? Didn’t she had a lot by now?
“Have you gone to your slumber again, sleeping beauty?” he asked with a smile and just like that Mia’s heart crossed the seventy beats per minute speed limit. She snapped open her eyes as her heart kept jumping, “Hey,” she smiled nervously. Damn it, what’s wrong. It’s just Damon, she admonished herself.

Damon chuckled at her blushing, “Hi there,” he smirked as he eyed the chair beside the bed and then decided against it as he shook his head and came to sit beside her on the edge and slowly took her hand in his.

“How do you feel?’ he asked concerned.

Mia looked from his face to her hand in his and smiled, “Prefect,” she said and then quickly averted her eyes to the flowers and nodded at them. “They’re beautiful,” she whispered.

“I thought so too. He…uh, Cam told me your favorites and then Elena helped with the rest,” he admitted with a chuckle, “I’m not a very hearts, candy and flowers kind of person,” he shrugged.

“I love it,” she squeezed his hand and waited for him to look at her, “And you don’t have to be. I like this person just as he is,” she said. Wow, dear God, she thought, what happened to me?

Damon was not used to these things and he had no idea how to handle this either. Give him a town full of enemies and supernatural wars and he was at ease but a small smile, two words of appreciation and a simple thank you spun his world around.

He was ecstatic at the way things had turned out though. He loved everything about it and hoped for them to stay this way. For the first time in so many years, he was happy and satisfied, loved and accepted and it meant to him more than any other thing but then he knew, it wasn’t his game to play.

He couldn’t do this, the world will shift itself wholly on its axis to take away good things he felt. He knew he would screw up again and drive her away just like he did before but now…now was all he had, now was all he was sure of and he wanted her.

Damon leaned forward to gently cup her face, wondering how long he had wanted to do that so freely, so openly. The rush of his touch never ceased to amaze her as she turned to look at him, his perfect blue eyes looking at her with warmth and love floating in them. She knew no moment could be perfect than that. How long had she waited for him to look at her that way, she thought, her heart becoming a gooey mess inside her.

"Tell me you're really ok," he whispered and she closed her eyes. He was back. He was truly back and it thrilled her. "I'm better than ok," she replied in a breathy voice and opened her eyes to look at him, "now," she added and gave him a smile but instead of returning it like she hoped, he tensed suddenly as if struck with a horrible realization and she became nervous, thinking if somehow a wrong thing had slipped her tongue. It was very possible under his gaze.

"I'm sorry," he cleared his throat as she waited, "about...Claire..."

Mia cut him off, silencing him by putting her finger on his lips, "Don't," she admonished gently, "You had to do it," she said, looking at him in the eye, conveying that she forgave him and he didn't had to worry about that anymore.

"I didn't 'had' to do it," he whispered, the words coming out a little harshly than he intended but she didn't flinched nor did she averted her eyes, "There's always a choice. Plus, I wanted to know what she was really doing and..."

"Damon," she interfered again and leaned forward. She didn't wanted to talk about that, it was done and she was ready to move forward. Now that she had him, she didn't want to discuss the past that was a dark period for both of them, "You had a choice. It was me or it was her, remember?"

Damon chuckled in his deep voice and her heart accelerated at the rich, tantalizing sound. "I'm actually really glad at what you chose," she added and smiled shyly, pink color rising in her cheeks as she tried to take a calming breath.

Damon touched his forehead to hers and looked down at the necklace that rested against her soft, pale skin. Keeping one hand on her face, he weighed the cool stone of her necklace in his other hand. "I'm actually really glad at what you chose too," he whispered against her lips.

Mia shivered at his closeness, the anticipation of what was to come had her toes curled with the electrical buzz travelling through her body. Knowing that he was referring to her choice between Enrique and him, she leaned slightly back because she had to tell him this time but he again started to close the distance between them.

"He never stood a chance," she said as his lips touched hers in that sweet, agonizing way she always dreamt of, "It was always you," she breathed as she circled her arms around his neck to pull him closer.

Damon felt the most exotic thrill at her words. No one had ever said that to him and he never imagined that anyone ever would but this amazing girl he held in his arms, his angel, he thought with a smile always managed to render him speechless, to unlock a piece of him he never knew existed.

"I love you, Damon," she whispered, breathing hard as she pulled back from him, "Always have."

Damon placed his hand on her cheek as he repeated her words in his mind. She loved him and this time, coming from her, he knew how true they were. He suddenly felt lighter as if everything in the world was better now. He felt free and he reveled in that feeling of being alive. This is what it feels like, he thought, the actual love. The one people talked about and desired, the one that set everything right. He closed his eyes in contentment as the darkness in him vaporized, bathing him in the light, so pure and wonderful. He never wanted out but he had to because she deserved it more than him. This light, this peace.

"I've loved you longer," he whispered back, realizing how easy it was to say those words to her. How easy it was to give away that part of him and hand it to her, knowing there was no going back and he didn't want to either. He wanted to stay there forever, with his angel by his side.

Mia wanted to scream out loud and dwell in the free, floating cloud of bliss and happiness. She was finally there, the place where she wanted to be and for the first time, she was happy at where her fate or destiny had led her. It was worth it. Being in his arms was worth all the pain and suffering and loss and she was at peace like never before.

She tilted her head to plant a soft kiss on the palm of his hand that rested on her face as he leaned forward to reclaim the distance between them. With his hand resting on her neck, he firmly kept her where he wanted and kissed her with everything he had in him, pouring generously every ounce of love he felt for her as she returned it fervently with the same heated passion that embedded them together, weaving them into perfection of what they wanted to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol !! I hope you enjoyed it because I have no idea what I wrote and you guys wouldn't tell me. :(
Thanks for reading. <3