Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Hidden Family

Everything was a mess. It was weird he couldn’t get a hold of anything or sort things out, very unlike him but there was so much he could do with limited information. His siblings were all M.I.A. He once shared a good bond with all of them except for Finn but it wasn’t his fault, it was Finn’s. He had always held back. Elijah and Rebekah though had always been his favorites and now they too were being ignorant.

Ok, he knew he had done enough to drive them away but they always managed to be a family and according to him that was the thing that mattered. Living your own life but when needed, they could be a family.

There were two cures, he knew. He read it himself on that ancient artifact that Caroline had brought. He knew what had happened to the one that Salvatore brothers had gotten their hands on but the second…it was missing.

He wondered where it was. Was it with the Salvatore’s who were planning to force feed him the cure and kill him? Taking the cure will certainly break their blood bond and he knew they would survive. It could be with Rebekah who might’ve taken it for herself and her pitiful wish to be a human but if not, then where it possibly could be? Maybe, Silas…

The voice of door cracking open alerted his senses as he stood up. He wasn’t the one to be scared away by the unknown, he was invincible like that and liked to remain and think the same too.

Descending the stairs in his vamp speed, he came face to a face with man who didn’t seem like a threat to him but he sure looked like a man of strength and power with his lean and muscular built. His blue eyes were probing as if taking in everything at once, sharp and focused. He had his brassy brown hair properly set in a way a middle aged, mature men did and had wrinkles around his small eyes.

Klaus didn’t know him but there was a certain air of familiarity between them as he tried to place him somewhere in his mind but to no avail. He was sure, he had never met him before.

“Niklaus?” the man asked, his voice was cultured and powerful.

“In flesh and bone,” he smirked as he circled around the man like a predator choosing his next hunt, “I haven’t seen you before which quite nicely informs me that I’ve done you no wrong and you don’t look like someone with a thirst for revenge either,” he paused to stand directly in front of him, “So, I presume, you must want something from me.”

The man chuckled in his grave voice, “You’re very good,” he complimented, “Made me proud, actually.”

“Proud?” Klaus laughed sinisterly, “Which game are we playing because that is not how it works,” he informed him with a smile. The man opened his mouth to say something but Klaus cut him off, “Let’s cut to the chase, shall we?” he turned serious, “What do you want?”

“For one, I thought my first meeting with you would be nice and we’ll have a good bonding session,” the man replied.

“Aren’t you in for surprises?” Klaus mocked as he flashed his brows.

“My name is Vincent,” he said, “Vincent Niklaus,” the man smiled at him.

“And I presume that you are of the opinion that our common names will warm me up to you,” Klaus said dejectedly but the smirk on his face was still there.

“No, it could've gone both ways actually,” Vincent replied, “Would’ve warmed up or completely gotten cold but who am I to debate on your…mood swing?”

Klaus laughed out loud, “We could do this all day and I assure you,” he looked at him from the table where he was pouring liquid in the glass, “It’ll be fun but,” he paused, “I’m a very busy man and have work to do. So…”

“I’m here to talk about the cure,” Vincent said and Klaus’ ears perked up, “I’m here to tell you that it’s in safe hands and also, I would like to offer you a whole army of werewolves which is at my dispense and,” he paused smiling at a very shocked Klaus, “in return, I only ask you to set Katerina free.”

“Who are you?” Klaus asked, his voice menacing but Vincent was unfazed by it as he smiled at him.

“I’m an old and a very powerful werewolf,” he said, having no idea how to continue. He thought it would be easy, problematic but easy but it wasn’t so. Yes, looking at Klaus and what he had become was certainly not easy.

“Werewolf?” Klaus regarded him seriously but with a hint of surprise, “Why do you need the cure?”

“How can you say that I need it?” Vincent asked.

“Well, when you’ve live to be more than thousand years old, I’m sure you could tell when a person is talking about himself saying, the cure is in safe hands.”

“I don’t follow you,” Vincent replied.

“You don’t need to,” he shrugged, “Just answer me, why do you want it…and yes, I’m sure it’s you,” he reminded him again.

“Because, I’ve outlived my time and am in search for peace which you know, I’ll only find in afterlife,” Vincent replied, “I’m not sure but there is hope.”

“How old are you?” he asked, thinking that any other werewolf wouldn’t have lived as long as the man was implying.

“Older than you,” he replied simply and Klaus scoffed, “I’m an immortal which is why I need a cure.”

“An immortal werewolf?” Klaus asked incredulous. He had never heard such a thing and he had lived long enough to know the truths of the world.

“Yes,” the man smiled. He was enjoying himself now, “You must remember those times, Niklaus,” he said unexpectedly, as a hopeless sadness covered his features, “I’m sorry about Esther,” he said.

“My mother,” Klaus hissed, “What do you about my mother?” he stepped forward.

“That I loved her,” he said, his sharp eyes had lost their focus now as he stared at emptiness that stretched in front of him, “Still do.”
“Shut up,” Klaus advanced towards him, “Just shut up.”

“She loved me too,” he said, not knowing that Klaus was threatening him. He was lost in another world, “Which is why she named you after me,” he said.

“My father named me,” Klaus screamed at him.

“Yes, that’s what I’m saying,” Vincent looked at him, “I named you but I didn’t know that. Esther took my name,” he chuckled emotionless.

“If you don’t shut your mouth. I swear I’m going to rip your throat out,” Klaus said, breathing hard. He had no idea what to do or thing. He was swarmed with feelings he had never felt before. This man was lying, he had to be. His father had died long time ago and even if he were alive why take a thousand years to meet him, not that he cared.

“You’re so much like her,” Vincent whispered, looking at a very frustrated looking Klaus as he walked around the room in anger, his hands fisted on his sides.

Klaus laughed nervously, without humor as he stopped in front of him, “Is that the part where you tell me how you met my mother?”

Vincent smiled and shook his head, “I wasn’t talking about your mother, I was talking about my sister,” he said.

“Yes, there had to be a whole God damned family,” Klaus said.

“Not exactly. It’s just me. My sister died…was killed actually but there is so much you can do alone. She was banished from the family after she killed my father,” he explained when Klaus looked at him dumbfounded.

“She killed your father?” he asked.

“Yes, she did. Wanted the power for herself. He was one of the alphas of the wolf community.”

“Don’t they follow and submit to the one who kills their leader?” Klaus asked. According to his information, that’s what would’ve happened.

“They do but she was a female and I was her brother. So, I got the hold and then my immortality made me stronger,” he smiled proudly at Klaus.

“How did you…become immortal?” Klaus had never witnessed a thing like this but the more that man spoke, the more Klaus knew, he was telling the truth. Klaus didn’t know what to think of his father. He had never seen him and then the stories he was telling. Nothing ever had confused him that much. He wanted him to talk and at the same time, he wanted him to leave.

“There was um, a guardian,” he replied, carefully.

“Victoria?” Klaus asked baffled, “Victoria Markowitz?”

“Yes, that’s the one,” Vincent pointed at him agreeing, “She had to stop Mikael from …”

“I know, I’ve heard it but Mikael did kill you,” Klaus pointed out.

“He did,” Vincent agreed, “But I was immortal. I woke up again and nobody knew that I was alive.”

“Why would you hide it?”

“I didn’t want a fight. I just wanted Esther and then she died,” he smiled sadly, “after her, I tried too but I came back every time. So, now I have the cure and I can meet her at the other side.”

“Who gave you the cure?” he asked raising his eyebrows, “And why did Victoria do it? Why did she took the steps?”

Vincent looked over to the couch in the living room as he went to take a seat, “Victoria was an angel and her order was to simply, stop Mikael from killing me which she did but the problem lied within her lover. He was a hunter,” Vincent smiled sadistically, “A vampire hunter,” he clarified, “And apparently the biggest weakness of a guardian is her chosen one. He wanted werewolves on his side against the battle with vampires. Killing me would have a started a war between the species and so, she made me immortal and let the world know that I had died at the hands of a vampire.”

Klaus was staring at his father; his father, he thought. Everything was irrational, he thought. It had to be a sick joke or a terrible dream of some kind. “I cannot believe this.”

“Think what you may, Niklaus but that is the truth. It’s the reason, I never came and also because I didn’t…uh, know,” he hesitated.

“You didn’t know! What am I, an infant who doesn’t know a thing? Why did you think Mikael was trying to kill you?”

“Because, I was having an affair with his wife,” he stated simply.

“Because, he knew I wasn’t his son. I had a werewolf side to me,” Klaus almost shouted in rage.

“Seriously though, Niklaus. I never bothered to think about it. Katerina is the one who told me…”

“And what in the God’s name were you doing with her?” Klaus cut him off.

“Katerina is the one who gave me the cure and I need it but she asked me to ask you to leave her alone…”

“And you’re offering me what? An army?”

“Being an immortal had its advantages,” Klaus said, “I was the leader of my clan and with that kind of invincibility, people respect whether they want or not.”

“And I shall agree to this why?” Klaus asked, sitting in the couch in front him as he leaned back and extended his arms on the back of the couch, showing easy power and dominance.

Vincent chuckled, “Because you’re like Sabrina,” he said, “You’ll do anything for power and this clan gives you that with undying loyalty,” he smiled victoriously, “Also, because you don’t have your doppelganger anymore which mean no hybrids.”

Klaus considered this for a moment. It was all good, the terms and conditions his so called father offered. He didn’t had any use of Katherine anyway. It was just fun and enjoyment to see fear in the eyes of someone who, you had power over.

“You’re a man of your word,” Vincent said, “I need you to forget her and you get my clan and I get my cure. Works out for everyone.”
“Sabrina? Was that your sister?” he diverted the topic, needing time to think it through.

“Yes. Sabrina Parisi was my sister. You remind me of her,” there was some regret on his face along with a little sadness.

“Parisi?” Klaus asked surprised, “There’s some Enrique Parisi, I’ve heard about. He’s staying in the town, I heard. Would he be related?”

“Enrique?” Vincent’s brow shot up, “He was her son but he…died, I thought. He wouldn’t be the same one. I’m sure it’s not him. He was very loyal and….”

“He was a werewolf, I presume,” Klaus asked.

“Yes. He was. Before she died, she was worried and asked me to take in her son. Obviously, it was the only thing that I saw mattered to her after her thirst for power. It was the first time I saw her in a thousand years.”

“Thousand? Was she an immortal?” He felt like a child asking questions in quick succession but he thought the old man owed him that. Meeting Vincent was weird for him. His mind was swarmed with questions and he didn’t want to ask any of it but then, he did wanted them answered.

“No. She had a powerful warlock with her. He kept her in a great shape,” he paused, “He came to join Enrique and me after she died. Of course, the fool loved her and thought bringing up Enrique was his duty of some sort,” he scoffed.

“Has he gone rogue too?” Klaus asked, raising his eye brow and Vincent shrugged, “Let me clear this, I don’t know what’s going on here,” Klaus pointed between them, “And I don’t require a bonding time with family,” he scrunched his nose, “As for your offer, I will give it a thought and see what I can do to ease your ascent to…uh, afterlife. Meanwhile, I have to go now…uh, tend to an issue and if you’re willing, you’re welcome to stay.”

Klaus was almost at the door when Vincent stood up, “I apologize for everything, Niklaus,” he said feeling genuinely sorry.

“No need,” Klaus replied, “I’m not living for your apologies and I really don’t care,” he said firmly.

“Where are you going?” Vincent asked calmly.

Klaus chuckled, “No need to go parental on me now. I handled myself fine without you and I’m sure I’m out of the age where you require a role model,” he flashed a smirk in Vincent’s direction. “But, if you must ask, I’m going to meet my cousin, Enrique. I heard he’s in town for a few,” he smiled callously.