Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Strengths

The world seem different to her, a little brighter and she didn't know why. Maybe because she was happy and everything was bright and wonderful or maybe it was the angel thing. She liked the former one better. She wasn't thrilled about the angel part, she was dangerous now though she didn't knew how much yet but she had killed a person after a minute of becoming one.

She was smiling and the whole world was beautiful. Damon couldn't stop grinning as much as she couldn't stop, squeezing his hand after two seconds to make herself believe that it was all real.

Happiness, he figured had an immense lacking in both their lives and filling those empty spots, they were both afraid it was temporary. As they would blink and everything would be sucked in the cruel fate of their lives.

"Look, who's finally up?" Stefan commented from the couch as Elena stood up to face them. "Hey, you both," she smiled gleefully at them and took in their entwined fingers.

"Finally," she sighed before she could stop herself and lowered her gaze feeling embarrassed as Stefan shook his head.

Damon chuckled as he looked at Mia and raised his eyebrow, "She's kidding, right?" he smirked as he put his finger under her chin and gave her a soft and sensual kiss.

Mia kept staring at him, feeling breathless after he pulled away and winked at her. Mia moved her eyes around the room when she remembered about Jake. Wow, how could she forget about him, especially after she promised not to leave him?

Oh, she knew the answer to that, probably because she killed someone, writhed in pain and remain unconscious for two days.

"Umm, Where's Jake?" Mia asked to no one in particular as her eyes went to the stairs.

"Uh, about him," Stefan started and Elena cut him off. "He left," she said.

"What?" Mia asked surprised, "He's a child," she stated the obvious.

"Yes, his aunt came. She would be his guardian after his parents. He came to say goodbye but...you know, you were unconscious," Elena said not knowing how Mia was going to feel about that and Mia didn't know how to feel any more than Elena did.

So, she opted for silence, her eyes unfocused as she stared at the floor. Damon squeezed her hand but she didn't respond and he stayed like that, letting her figure it out for herself.

Mia thought about it. In everything that happened, nothing was Jake's fault. He was just a miserable victim who was stuck in supernatural without knowing or having any slightest idea about it.

She remembered her promise to him and knew she wouldn't have been able to keep it. It just wasn't for her, the love, the caring, family and it was alright. She had come to terms with it. She knew, he would be fine with his aunt though and that was enough.

She felt Damon squeeze her hand again and she was reminded of what she thought a moment before. It wasn't in her fate to be loved as everyone she cared about were snatched away from her but him...she wouldn't let anything or anyone take him.

She looked up at him and smiled. "Are you ok?" he asked and she simply nodded knowing it was true and enough. He had once asked her to accept the fate, the way things were and she thought she could do that now. She could embrace it and not mull over the fact that she lived all her life as someone else or someone else was living under her name with her family, with the people who were supposed to love her and not the imposter because she knew if it wouldn't have happened, she wouldn't be here at the moment with him holding her hand.

Everything that had happened to her made her who she was. It shaped every single detail about her and if she reversed it, she wouldn't be Mia anymore and maybe Damon wouldn't love that girl.

Maybe, he was to love this Mia, the Mia that born after surviving so many scars and she was fine with it. She knew she could take in every blow, every scar if she knew that in the end, she would be in his arms because that was home.

Mia leaned into Damon and he tightened his hold on her wanting to absorb everything bad she felt but it wasn't easy and he hoped fervently that he would be enough for her.

Mia took a deep breath and smiled at Elena, "It's great that he's safe now," she said, closing the topic and suddenly tensed. Her face clearly showed confusion that had settled deep between her eyebrows as she looked at Elena. She had never seen that before and no matter she tried not to stare, that was exactly what she was doing.

It was unnerving sight. Mia had never seen it before, of that she was sure. It was like Elena was bathing in a soft blue glow which merged with light pink but Mia could see the darkness too, like a dark halo had surrounded all her pretty colors. They were moving, the colors. They seemed as if they were flowing out of her body and encompassing her but the dark halo kept it in place, not letting them engulf her completely.

Elena fidgeted under her gaze unsure of what to do. Mia was staring at her like a creep and it was freaking her out. What was she seeing there? Elena thought it must be something bizarre because reading Mia's face, you could tell that she was appalled by whatever she saw there. Elena looked at herself feeling self-conscious but everything looked fine to her.

"Mia, what are you doing?" Stefan asked, steeping closely to Elena as he put his arm around her waist and Elena looked up at him. Her colors changed then, the light pink shade burned brighter into a hot, deep pink and the soft blue gave way to pale green.

Mia furrowed her eyebrows together as she turned her attention to Stefan. He also had the same darkness, Mia noticed and the same deep pink but there was a hazy grey that was overpowering the pink in him.

He shifted on his feet and Damon shook his head at Stefan silencing him before he could ask anything. Damon stepped back and pulled Mia to his chest, "What is it, angel?" he asked softly in her ear and Mia rotated in his grasp, turning to face him, she let her eyes roam across the length of him but there was nothing.

It was normal. She thought maybe, she had been hallucinating and it was over now but when she peeked back at Stefan and Elena, their colors were still the same as before except an addition of gravel grey was seeping into both of them.

"The colors, Damon," she looked back at him still confused, "I need to talk to Cam," she said.

"What do you need to talk about?" Cam smirked at her leaning comfortably against the wall as he took a sip from his glass.

"The colors," she said, she glanced at Elena to Stefan and back to Cam, "There are colors..." she looked at him properly and frowned.

"You don't see the color here?" he pointed to himself and Mia shook her head, narrowing her eyes in concentration as if it would appear.

"What color?" Damon asked taking a step back from Mia as he looked between her and Cam.

"She can see the emotions," Cam answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "The angels always had empathy in them, to feel what others do but Mia can see the colors," he said as he came to stand in front of her. "What do you see?"

"I don't know what they mean," Mia complained. She was excited by this thing. Maybe, it wasn't so bad after all if she could see the true emotions of people. She wanted to know all about it.

Maybe, it was a pathetic power but it was cool and she liked it. It had no use for it at least, she thought.

"They're simple," Cam said, "Name them?"

Mia looked back at Elena and Stefan as she named the colors she saw on them, "And there's a dark halo around it," she said finishing her description.

"Well," Cam cleared his throat, "The light pink, you saw before indicates familial love while the deep pink shows romantic attachment or passionate love," he flashed his eye brow, "the blue is for relief and calmness while light yellow-ish green shows gratitude. What else?"

"Wow," Mia mused as she replayed the whole moment in her mind, "Uh, there was light grey and then concrete grey..."

"Light one must be for nervousness or slight irritation but the darker one is for confusion and annoyance," he said and smiled at grinning Mia, "You right now, should be orange which is for energetic and excitement and you're definitely excited," he remarked.

"I am," Mia said truthfully as she raised her eyes to look at Damon who was smiling at her, "Why can't I see his?" she asked.

"What? I'm colorless?" Damon raised his eyebrow and Mia chuckled, shaking her head.

"You can't because you don't have to. There's a trust between you guys which doesn't require shortcuts like these and I'm sure you'll understand each other without the color thing," he replied, trying to keep off the bitterness from his voice.

"And why can't I see yours?" she asked as a challenge because they both knew that she knew nothing about him even after everything he had told her, she was still clueless about many things.

"Because I'm not me. I've possessed...a body," he shrugged.

"What about the darkness?" Damon asked and outlined Stefan's body by pointing his finger in that direction.

"Oh, that. It marks the death," Cam said.

"Marks the what?" Damon eyebrows raised and his nose scrunched up.

"It means he has seen death already," Cam explained, "You know, back from the dead sort of thing."

"It just keep getting interesting now, doesn't it?" Damon looked hard at Cam and Mia rolled her eyes as she came to take his hand and raised it to her lips.

"You're hungry," she said as she led him into basement.

"No, I'm not," Damon replied in What-the-hell-is-going-on way.

"Yes, you are. You're cranky," she replied, a small smile on her lips, which he couldn't see with her leading the way but he could imagine that with her voice.

"That theory is old and invalid," he pointed out, tilting his head but he couldn't stop the smile and amusement from showing.

Mia took out a blood bag and handed it to him, "We'll see after you drink this," she argued, raising her eyebrows.

"Between you and this," he raised the blood bag, "You're so much more tempting," he raised his brows in a suggestion, his lips turned up into a sexy smirk.

"No," she said in a stern tone, "You're not taking mine. It's dangerous," she reason with him as a mother with her child, trying to make him see the common sense, "You'll turn blue-ey," she shrugged.

"Blue-ey?" He scoffed, "We're all colors today," he motioned in hands in exasperation. Mia narrowed her eyes on him and he stepped forward, "Give me a little credit. I'm not the Blondie," he raised his shoulders smugly.

"Damon, no," she said backing away as he advanced with predatory steps towards her. She didn't want to take that chance, that risk to let him take her blood. She could kill him with that.

"Maybe, I'm not cranky. Maybe, I'm just horny," he said to himself as he straightened up and turned to look at her, knowing already what he would see on her face.

The look in his eyes was so intense, Mia felt the air thicken in matter of seconds as everything become palpable. She chuckled nervously as she shook her head. Suddenly, she was hyper aware of everything, the stubble on his face, the perfect sculpted lips she knew the feel of and his magnetizing eyes that seem to pull her in, his scent that calmed everything around her engulfing her in peace and pure bliss.

Damon took small steps, taking her in with each step towards her. Her frame was as always a delicate and fragile thing but she looked stronger now. Maybe, the events in the past week had brought some kind of change in her.

Her shoulders were tense and her face was sharp, concentrating but he felt thrill in the knowledge that she would melt in his arms once he touch her, all her resistance, confusion will vanish like it always did.

He extended his arms to take her by the waist when she ducked and in one swift motion passed by him towards the door, giggling. Damon turned around quickly and tilted his head, his brows raised and his eyes gleamed challenge.

Mia knew she beforehand that she would lose it. First, he was a vampire and would catch her easily and second, she wasn't strong enough to stay away from him anyway but creepy basement wasn't the most romantic setting. The setting doesn't even matter, her thoughts mocked her but she smiled sweetly at him as she made a run for it.

Damon just stood there for a moment. It was forever ago that he had done something like that. Running after a girl to just a have a kiss was something his human self would have done...a century ago. He wasn't sure how he felt. Was it possible to love her more than he already did? He knew the answer, if she kept on doing this, making him feel that way, at ease and...so human, he would definitely fall harder than before.

He dashed for her, the blood bag forgotten as he ran after her. "You had such a long head start. It's half cheating," he complained.

The sound of her musical laughter was warm and sweet to his senses and he relished in it, "But you're a vam..." she started when he grabbed her and pulled her into him.

He kissed the soft spot beneath her ear, "Got ya," he whispered and she shivered in delight, "No running away," he said sternly but she heard the playfulness in his voice.

"I didn't run much anyway. It was barely four steps," she pouted.

"Don't you have a long stride?" he teased, "Four steps and you're all the way here," he said as he looked around and tensed, meeting eyes with Klaus.

He straightened as he pushed Mia behind him and she turned to look around to everyone watching them but only Klaus was smiling and it was so sadistic, Mia wanted to punch him in the face.

"Little angel is all grown up," he said, looking at Mia who scowled at him. Damon hated the way he addressed Mia.

He stepped forward to say something back in return when Mia side stepped him, her fingers curled in tight fist, "Don't call me that," she said with a calm but cold voice and Damon smirked, immensely pleased. She hated him calling her angel as much as Damon did.

"Why? Aren't you one? I don't what is it with you both and angel. It's a truth and a mere term of endearment."

"I'm not...your angel," her voice was more deep now and cold and Damon wanted to kiss her right there but he just smiled down at her proudly.
"Why are you here?" Damon asked coolly. His angel had taken enough toll on him.

"He's here to see me," Cam replied, eyeing Klaus with a fierce expression.

"Yes, well. I thought it would be fun to finally meet my cousin," Klaus said and Mia noticed the colors on him. There was same darkness around him but orange red color flickered with a dark purple and pale yellow within. She looked at them carefully and she could also notice, light black in them tainting all the other colors. She wanted to ask Cam the meaning of them but she willed herself to shut up for a moment and wait till after to pacify her curiosity.

"Your what?" Damon asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion as he looked at Cam and then to Klaus.

"My cousin," Klaus replied as he stepped forward, "Enrique is the son of Sabrina who happens to be aunt by some twisted family tree" he stated.
Aaron couldn't believe it as he stepped into the main room with Samantha on his heels, "You're Vincent's son," he whispered and Klaus focused his attention on him.

"You must be the warlock he was talking about," Klaus mused, "The one who protected him and defended him, thinking of him as his own son," he said.

"Where is he? Vincent," Aaron asked.

"He's made himself at home," Klaus replied and turned to Stefan. "In all seriousness though, I'm not here for a family reunion. I'm here for my sister," he said.

"And that doesn't count as family?" Damon taunted, "Oh wait! It doesn't. It's the puppets he need to play with when bored. Ran out of daggered siblings, Klaus?" Damon smirked at him.

"You better shut your bloody, damn mouth," Klaus hissed but then turned his attention back to Stefan, "Where's Rebekah?" he asked and continued before they started to question and he knew without doubt that they would, "I thought she must have found the cure and taken it but I know where the cure is which is not with her. So, I'll ask you for final, this time. Where is my sister?" he asked.

"Why do you even care?" Damon asked with a dismissing shrug and just like that, Klaus had Damon's neck in his hand as he pushed him against the wall. Damon struggled but finding it useless, he glared at him. Friggin' Originals, he thought. Mia looked at them horrified as she took a step towards Damon but Cam held her by the arm, "Easy," he whispered.

"Where's the smart mouth now, Damon?" Klaus hissed, "You were always the stupid, impulsive one weren't you?"

Damon flashed his brows in a casual way, "It's not exactly a news now, is it?" he said and smirked at him. Klaus pushed his hand in Damon's chest and all the color drained from his face as he made a disgruntled sound in the back of his throat.

"Where's she?" Klaus hissed again.

"Klaus, let him go and we'll talk," Stefan said as he came closer to help his brother negotiating with Klaus.

Klaus ignored Stefan as he twisted his hand just a little and Damon made that choking sound again, his features twisting in pain. "Where's she, Damon?"

"Dead," Damon spat the words at him and smiling smugly. Mia could feel Klaus' rage, the colors were all black and dark purple and even if she didn't know what they exactly meant, she knew what they were showing right now. Elena's words ringing in her mind, 'They can only die with a stake through heart or if someone rips it out' and Damon's heart was right there in Klaus' fist.

An agonizing cry made its way to her ears and she flinched. It turned into a piercing scream of pure, intense pain. Everyone was calling her name but she couldn't hear them properly. Then there was his voice, soft, gentle, comforting.

"Mia, you need to stop, angel," he said as he moved towards her with his hands up in air as if to surrender. That's when her mind came back as she took in everything. Damon was watching her carefully, cautiously taking steps towards her. Stefan and Elena were gaping at her, their eyes wide with awe and surprise in them and then Samantha, Cam and Aaron were standing at the other side, looking at her with wonder and fear but Cam had sympathy in his eyes and she wondered why.

"Mia," Damon called her again as he touched her cheek and the hazy place she was in stuck in vanished bringing back her sane, alert side. She felt something coming back at her, her energy and strength.

Damon looked back at Klaus who was coughing and trying to take in air, his eyes showed fear that none of them had never seen but Mia had. She had seen the same fear in his eyes when he discovered that the necklace belonged her. Mia looked at him confused and averted her gaze to the necklace. It was shining, glimmering in soft light. She touched the warm stone and sighed as she raised her eyes to Damon, "W-What..."

"It's ok," he said as he gathered her in his arms. "Da-Damon," she stuttered, shaken up.

"It's ok. He's fine now. You're fine," he hushed her.

"What did I do?" she asked burying her face in the crook of his neck and held him close.

"You were choking him by just looking at him, Angel," he said, "But it's all ok, now," he assured her and kissed the top of her head, "it wouldn't have killed him anyway."

"Oh my God," she said as she clenched her eyes shut, "I thought he was going to hurt you," she whispered.

"I understand, Angel. It's ok," he smiled, "You're my knight in the shining armor now," he said and she gave a small laugh and it had started to get fine again.

Klaus was still trying to fill his lungs with enough oxygen as he looked at the interaction between them. She wouldn't have stopped if it wasn't for Damon, he knew that. He had seen the same thing with Victoria and her hunter but he couldn't believe that it was Damon...he unlocked her powers and he knew the strong bond they shared. They were different halves of a whole, yin to yang and twin flames and all.

"You're a complete angel now?" he asked though he knew the answer to that already. Mia raised her head from Damon's shoulder and looked at him. The flare of anger she felt towards him spurted in her heart. She blinked with surprise when all the lights in the room flickered in sync with the spewing anger she felt in her and everyone gasped as they tuned to see her.

"Calm now," Damon said, looking around the room and rested his gaze on her. Mia nodded to him as she closed her eyes and took deep breaths, holding in the torrent of her emotions.

The cell phone ringing was a welcome distraction as they tore their eyes from Mia and came back to Earth. Elena looked at her ID and whispered, "Caroline," to Stefan as she picked up the call.

Klaus suddenly straightened up as he heard Caroline's name and Damon smirked at him earning a glare in return but Damon pointed to Mia and shook his head, silently taunting him that he held the power card there.

"Whoa, whoa. Care, hold on," Elena said, "Take a breath and talk to me. What happened?" she asked and everyone turned her attention to her.
Caroline didn't know what to do. Klaus had never talked to her like that before. It was scary and malicious. "He th-thinks, we have the c-cure, Elena," Caroline said, her voice shaky, "He thre-atened my mother and he said that he knows," she paused, "that we're going to use the cure on him and then kill him."

"Who are you talking about, Care? Who threatened you?" she asked, running her eyes on everyone.

"Klaus," she said, "Klaus was here."

Elena's eyes snapped up to look at Klaus, "No, Caroline. Klaus is here right now," Elena said, looking from Mia to Klaus again.

"No, no. You don't know, Klaus was here and said that he needed the cure, Elena"

"No, Caroline. Klaus is here right now, with us," she repeated.

Klaus took a step forward, "It's Silas. It must be Silas. No one is powerful enough to hold an illusion," he said and Elena gasped.

"Caroline, listen. It wasn't Klaus. It was Silas. He must need cure and..." Elena gushed when a thought hit her. Silas would need the cure when the veil would be dropped and it wasn't so. If he was asking for a cure, then it must mean... "Oh my God, Caroline! Where's Bonnie?" she asked.

"What? Bonnie? I don't know. Elena, what's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing. Stay there. I'm leaving right now. I'll see you in a few," Elena told her as she disconnected the call and looked at them.

"Bonnie is difficult to control with her expression right now, unstable even," Stefan said, "What are we going to do?" he asked.

"Mia can help," Samantha said and Damon and Mia looked at her.

"How can I help?" Mia asked, taking a step forward.

"You can take away her memories of expression magic and she would be fine," Samantha said.

"Wait, I can do that?" Mia asked surprised.

"You can do a lot of things, Mia. You need to accept that," Samantha said, "Silas needs to drop the veil before taking the cure. You just need to make sure Bonnie doesn't do that. Dropping the veil will bring back every supernatural thing back and that it’s going to be a mess. If Mia takes away her memories, Silas will need another witch and that's going to be difficult. In the meanwhile, we can find the cure, shove it down Silas' throat and kill him."

"Easier said than done," Damon commented and Mia gasped as everything blurred around her and she couldn't hear a sound and then small whispers entered her mind. Damon was calling for her but she couldn't hear him, neither could anyone else. The lights in the room were flickering again but with every breath their pace increased. Her necklace was shining brighter, illuminating the whole room in intense white.

'We'll always be watching,' 'Time will come,' the hushed tones tortured her and then she heard a sweet, melodic voice. "Mia?" the voice called and Mia blinked to see clearly but there was only light.

"Who are you?" she asked aloud and everyone looked at her as the lights kept flickering.

"A vision," Samantha croaked out and they looked at her for a moment before returning their eyes to Mia, "She's having a vision."

"Ask Bonnie," the voice said, "We must talk. Need witch's energy. Help Bonnie and ask for hers in return," the voice said and everything was normal again.

Mia snapped out of trance and the whiteness was gone and her necklace was just warm in her hands with no glow. The lights flickered again when suddenly, all the lights went out drowning them all into darkness.

"What do you see?" Samantha asked, looking around in the darkness.

"Uh, she," Mia paused, "She asked me to help Bonnie and ask for hers in return."

"For what?" Samantha asked and Damon glared at her. Mia wasn't fine and he didn't appreciate the interview at the time even though he wanted answers himself.

"I-I don't know. She needs witch's energy," Mia said.

Samantha nodded, understanding everything. "We must leave now," she said hastily and made her way out. Everyone stared after her and Aaron.

"Are you ok" Damon asked and Mia nodded. He looked at her in the eyes, "Are you ready?" he asked drawing out every word.

Mia thought about it. Was she? She looked at the lights above and replayed everything she had done in three days. She took his hand, entwined their fingers and inhaled deeply. She gave him a rigid nod, "I am," she said determined.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was such a long chapter and I had so much to tell. Please, be kind enough to let me know what you guys think of it and overall whole story. It would mean a lot. Only a few more chapters are remaining and a lot stuff will be revealed. The truth about Salvatore brothers as well as Silas and his lover. So, do wait for it and comment to let me know how you feel about it.
If you like it, please, share and give a shout out to this story. :)
To all my readers, Thank you so much. <3