Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Poison And Wine

Looking at everyone working together, Mia was sure they had done this a thousand times before. Planning and strategizing every move and they were all in sync, their thoughts, their movements. It should've been mesmerizing if she wasn't tensed about everything. No one knew where Bonnie could be and everyone was making wild guesses.

Klaus had gone to Caroline with Elena, something that struck odd with Mia but she could see that he cared about her. There was a pink in his color whenever she was mentioned as was between Elena and Stefan, a simple look brought out pink in each other and seeing that amused her.

She wondered if Damon's and her color bright up like that too but she couldn't see that and somehow it was annoying but then at other times, she didn't need to see them, the way he would look at her from under his lashes and the smile that followed was enough for her or when he tried to explain something...it was as if she was the focal point of his world and it warmed her to the core.

She had told him, she was ready but in truth she was scared as hell. She had no idea what to do or how to do it and then that vision sort of thing freaked her out a little bit more. She went to stand with the others who had surrounded the table. Damon put his arm around her waist almost unconsciously as he stared at the wall in front of him, pulling her close to him when his cell phone rang.

Mia and Stefan exchanged looks, not understanding the conversation at all. "You need to find her quick, Mia," Samantha said impatiently.

"I know. We don't even know where to look," Mia replied calmly though she was far from it.

"Ok," Damon said, "We need to move out now and start looking everywhere. Liz called. There are five bodies drained of blood."

"What?" Stefan straightened, "We need to wait for Elena..."

"There's no time, Stefan," Damon cut him off, "We have no idea what the hell has she done. Mia and I will go to the hospital and you can start searching for Bonnie. Take these with you," he said, looking at Samantha, Cam and Aaron, "but don't leave them alone."

"We can take care of ourselves," Samantha spat the words at him.

"I'm sure, you can especially with your pretty little boyfriend there," he nodded towards Aaron, "But we don't want you to go M.I.A while we look for it."

"We're not going to die," Cam snorted.

"Yes, you're not but your heavy armor of a body will and you're no use to us in some spiritual energy form," Damon retorted and tugged Mia's arm, "Come on."

"Damon," Mia stopped him, "I think, I should go with Stefan. If he finds Bonnie, I need to help her and be there first," she said looking at him but he shook his head.

"Nope. No way. You're not leaving my side," he said with finality in his tone.

"It'll be fine, Damon. Stefan's going to be there with me. I can handle it. I need to help her," she assured him as he looked at her trying to figure it out, "She's the one who can help me."

"Ok," he sighed, seeing her adamant face, "I'll be there as soon as I can," he looked over at Stefan, "Take care of her, will ya?"

Stefan gave him a nod as he took Mia's wrist, "Come on," he said and Mia nodded but her eyes were still on him as he gave her a small smile. She sighed and freed her hand from Stefan's as she spun around to face Damon. Rising on her tiptoes, she gave him a soft but urgent kiss, "Be safe," she whispered against his cheek and felt him smile and then she ran after Stefan.

Damon was still smiling when she left. How could he get so lucky...well, he waited long enough, he thought thinking about her soft skin and chocolate brown eyes that were a mirror to her soul, reflecting everything she felt. He thought of the way she felt...the way he felt with her as if sudden light has brightened up his own world and removed every single trace of darkness from him.

He tried to focus on the task at hand when he reached the hospital. Meredith was waiting for him outside, "It's a nightmare, Damon," she said, "Inside a hospital...we can't even pass it off as an animal attack," she was babbling.

"Hold your horses, woman. We'll figure it out," he said as he went inside to examine the bodies.

"Figure it out, yet?" Damon turned around to see the Sheriff with a worried face. Her face was tired and her eyes showed the tension that was residing inside her.

"Just one thing," Damon said and she raised her eyebrows, "Silas," Damon sighed, "Who else than the hungry immortal who has been starving for two thousand years?"

"No wonder, he's so cranky. Killing off people like that," Meredith commented quietly and Damon chuckled despite the circumstances, remembering the good morning which had turned into a catastrophe now.

"Hilarious, isn't it?" Liz scolded in somewhat incredulous tone, "People dying, vampire laughing. Why did I put you in the council again?"

"Because I'm awesome and also because it would decrease the chances of your survival to...I don't know, two in ten," he smirked.

"We have a situation at hands, Damon. You can boost your ego later," Liz retorted as she grabbed a handful of papers in her hand and shoved them into Damon's.

"And this is?" he questioned.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "the lights that went off," she looked around, "the grid station are at these specific points," she pointed her finger to the three places, "I recognize the site of werewolf murders and the blast at Young's farm," she explained and looked at him, "What do you think?" she asked.

"I think," Damon widen his eyes, "that you are brilliant," he said.

"That's it?" Liz asked looking at him with disbelief and irritation and he shook his head as he pulled out his cell phone.

"Stefan," he greeted, "Guess where the Bonnie witch is?"

"Where?" he asked, looking around. He was not in the mood to play games when she was missing. He was a vampire for God sake and he couldn't keep an eye on a girl. They had split up to look for Bonnie. Stefan sent Cam with the Samantha and her boyfriend while he kept Mia with himself. They were talking when suddenly he realized, she wasn't with him and he looked around but it was done. She was gone.

"The center of expression triangle, I'm sure. Three massacres, link together their locations and Voila! There you have it," he said and cleared his throat, "Take Mia with you. I'll see you there in a few."

"Damon? About...Mia," he started.

****************************

Mia had no idea where she was going but she was at the mercy of her feet. She remembered Cam’s words, ‘Your curiosity will kill you,’ and right now, she felt the truth of it. Yes, she was curious and wanted to find Bonnie but this was somehow scary.

She knew she was not weak little girl now. She was stronger and powerful and she could handle anything thrown her way but her heart betrayed her. So, did the fear that clenched it. Cold sweat dripped off her forehead as she swept them away with the back of her hand.

Swish! The voice made her jump as she pressed her hand to her pounding heart, trying to calm it down. Her eyes flickered in all directions, taking in her surroundings. What was it? She thought. She was sure she saw a shadow but it could be her imagination.

She was in a darkened cave now, somewhere underground. There were tunnels around her and it looked haunting. It would have been nice, if instead of seeing colors, she could produce them. It wouldn’t be so hard then, she thought.

"Mia?" his voice washed over her, "Thank God," relief was apparent in his voice as he came and engulfed her in powerful hug. He kissed her temple and pulled back to look at her smiling face. "What did I tell you about running away?" he scolded her in a soft and gentle tone, his thumb caressing her skin under her eyes.

"I'm not running anywhere," she replied, "I just...there's this weird. I don't know, like some force was pulling me and I had to..." she looked at him and he was staring at her, something flashing in his eyes; anger.

"And that's exactly why this whole damn thing was so dangerous. You don't follow all the...weird...forces you feel," he struggled to get the words out. "You don't know how dangerously messy this stuff is and I don't want you to be a part of it." he argued, trying to shake some sense into her.

"But I'm a part already," she said softly, "And I can do this," she said more to herself than him, trying to convince herself. She knew she was scared and the relief she felt when she heard his voice.

Damon groaned. Why it was so hard for her to understand that he didn't want her in this kind of danger? She meant so much to him to lose like that. "You don't understand, Mia. Do you?" he asked, a little harshly than he intended but he wanted her to understand this. "You know you sucked the life out of me when Stefan told me you were missing?"

Mia winced at his tone but recovered quickly. She knew where he was coming from, all that he was feeling, all that he was worried about. "I'm fine, Damon. I'm strong now. I can..." she started.

"But, I'm not," he whispered the words and somehow they scared her more than his shouting. He looked straight at her now, seeing through her soul, his blue eyes boring into hers. Mia could see the pain in them and she wanted to take it away. She swallowed as her heart lurched in her chest.

"I'm not strong, Mia. Not strong enough for that. Ever since I met you, I-I was so scared…have been scared," he broke the eye contact, his arms falling to his side, leaving her and Mia missed his touch already as she tilted her head, "Because...you saw me. Everything I wanted to hide and forget and then you were there and you...you saved me, Mia and I was scared that I'll let you in because I'm not strong but God, I wanted to be," he sighed.

"But I'm not because...I couldn't stay away and I hated it. I hated it that you were breaking all my defenses without even trying and how you saw all my weaknesses and still stayed with me. I hated how a single touch from you made me crazy with need and how you never noticed. I hated how you made me realize things without saying them out loud, how your stare undid me. I hated what you made me feel and I knew it all the time and I just...I hated how you were making me fall in love with you and there was nothing I could do to save myself. I hated that you made me incapable of hating you," he wiped the tears that were running on her cheek, "I hate how your crying make me pathetic for crying myself," he said and she chuckled as she leaned forward to rest her hand on his face.

"You saved me too," she said, her voice was hoarse from crying but she could care less, "Every time, you saved me from myself and I love you, Damon. I love you so much, it's unreal," she said as she leaned into him and hugged him with everything she had.

She didn't know what else to say. Her mind was reeling with the words he had said and her body thrummed with delicious shivers and emotions. She didn't know how she got here, how they both got here but she knew she never wanted to let go, "And you're strong. That's why we're here," she said.

"I'm not. Still not," he shook his head, "Now that I know I love you and I have you...I'm scared I'll lose you. Every time I hold you, there's this gloomy feeling that it'll be the last time and I can't fathom the idea of what I'll do," he said and she held him tighter. They were both quiet for some time in a comfortable silence when he spoke again, "Come away with me," he whispered and she had to think if she imagined the words.
"What?" she pulled back to look at him. His eyes were strained, his face worried.

"It's dangerous here and I-I can't lose you," he said simply.

"You wouldn't," she said assuring him, holding his hands, "Damon...I have to do this. These people need me and I need...Bonnie to figure things out," she shook her head, "You're not going to lose me, Damon. I'm not going anywhere."

"The longer you'll stay, the more deeply involved you'll be, Mia and I want you far away from this. We'll figure things out and you'll be safe," he hushed his voice even more, "Come with me," he almost pleaded with her. Mia couldn't understand. Why would he say such a thing, knowing Bonnie was the one to help her? She needed to know this and these people needed her and she could do this. Plus, he was the one who asked her to accept this, knowing it'll make things easier for her.

"Damon, I can't," she whispered hesitantly, unsure.

“I can take you somewhere far. We’ll be away from this hell hole. You don’t deserve this,’ he looked as if it was the most obvious thing, “You’ve been through enough and we’ll both leave. It’ll be fine then. You wouldn’t have to face this and those monsters and that Silas guy," he paused as he pleaded with his eyes, "So, come with me.”

"I-I can't," she said again. She had no idea how things changed in just a moment. He just told her the most beautiful words, understood her completely and now, he was asking her to leave everything, all the answers she needed were just in her reach and she wanted them. She had to help them and Bonnie. She was the only one who could help Bonnie. These people were her friends who had done so much for her, she couldn't just ditch them when they needed her.

The shrill scream tore through the silent thick air and Mia jumped back. Her head whipped to the direction of her sound and she started to move towards it. She turned to see Damon who was standing at the same spot, fixed and still, watching her intently. She swallowed hard, seeing his expression. It was of pain and betrayal and she wanted to run to him. Another scream and Mia was wretched between her choice to leave with him or help Bonnie.

He knew the exact moment when she made her decision and his body tensed. Mia shoot him an apologizing look as she turned away from him and ran towards Bonnie, her heart sending painful spasms to her body but she tried to ignore it as she ran forward.

"Bonnie," she screamed as she entered the lightened area in the cave. She saw Bonnie lying down, shuddering. She skidded to a stop in front of her and dropped to her knees.

"She's using expression. It's darkening her soul," a woman said as Mia took Bonnie's head, "She's alright but she's exhausting herself. I don't know what she wants."

"The veil?" Mia asked, looking at her.

"It's half down and I'm trying to tell her to put it up back. It's dangerous, child. She can't talk to Qetsiyah that way. That witch wouldn't talk and is taking up her energy," she said and Bonnie fluttered her eyes open.

"Bonnie," Mia said hastily as she sat up, "You need to put it back up," Mia told her.

"No, I have to stop Silas. I can talk to Qetsiyah. I can even bring Jeremy back," she said, her voice rising with every sentence.

"Bonnie?" The familiar, sweet melodic voice stunned Mia and her heart stopped, "Don't do this. It wouldn't help," she said and Mia turned around to see a beautiful woman in front of her. Her eyes shone with love and hope when she looked at Mia and Mia breathed deeply, "You need to help, Mia," she said.

"With what?" Bonnie asked but Mia could only look at her. She was tall and slender, her hair were wavy brown much like her own but had lustrous shine to them. Her eyes were the most beautiful green like fresh grass shining with dew drops in the morning. She didn't look real, there was light around her as if she was an illusion. She smiled at Mia and it was an innocent yet dazzling smile she had ever seen but there was a hint of sadness and sympathy to it and Mia wanted to ask her so much.

"You'll know," she said as she started to disappear. "Wait!" Mia screamed, "What's your name? Who are you?" she asked but there was no answer and Mia slowly turned to see Bonnie. "Put it back up, please," Mia said. Bonnie hesitated and she went to hug the woman.

"I miss you, Grams," she said and Mia sighed sadly, "I don't want to..."

"But you must, child. It is the right thing. You can do so much with expression, even defeat Silas but that's not you, dear. The more you breathe with that dark magic residing inside you, the more it pollutes your soul and you don't want this darkness."

"I need to stop Silas," Bonnie persisted.

"Yes, I know. He will be stopped but maybe it's not your duty," she said as she looked at Mia and Bonnie followed her line of vision.

"You're the one?" Bonnie asked Mia. She had been so busy dealing with Silas. She didn't know what else was going around and also, it hadn't been much time since everything happened. Mia still couldn’t wrap her head around it.

"Yes," Mia replied. She didn't know whether to be happy at the fact that she was going to save the world or not. Usually, it came with a price and she didn't know what she had to pay or maybe, she knew. She remembered the way Damon looked at her when she went to help Bonnie.

"Ok," Bonnie whispered as she went to stand at the middle and started chanting. Mia stood there when Stefan entered. He looked at Mia, "Are you ok?" he asked concerned and Mia nodded, looking at him.

She was missing something but she couldn't figure it out. He went to Bonnie's side and looked at her with contempt. That's when it clicked. There were no colors on him anymore. There were on Bonnie but none on Stefan. Her heart tripped inside her chest as she moved towards him.
"Stefan?" she asked cautiously but the sudden pain crippled her and she saw Stefan smiling smugly at her. The necklace on her neck started to glow but the pain was not going away. Stefan looked at Bonnie who had started to choke, gasping for air.

"You knew better than to cross me, witch. You have no idea who I am," he hissed in a low, cold voice. Mia took a deep breath and stood up but she couldn't get the words out. "You really think you can defeat me? You witches are pitiful," he continued in his poisonous voice while Bonnie kept gasping for air.

Mia felt the tingling in her back, her necklace was almost burning her skin. "Mia?" Damon rushed to her side as he held her shoulders, "Are you ok?" he asked.

"Look who decided to show up. The lucky one" Stefan smiled sadistically at Damon and he tensed, “Or should I say…not so lucky,” he shrugged and sighed. "Your girlfriend is weak and pathetic," he paused, "And so are you," he said.

Damon saw Bonnie gasping on the floor and he didn't know what to do. He wanted to help Bonnie and he didn't want to leave Mia.
"Silas?" Damon smirked, "You should've taken up my face. I'm much better than that look," he pointed at him.

"I did and it was fun," he smirked back and Damon screamed as he fell on the floor, clutching his head in a death grip.

"Damon," Mia screamed and she felt it, the energy from him as she touched his skin. It was sharp and powerful, filling every pore of her. She gasped when she felt her own energy mingling with his and then with a snapping sound, she felt something lash out of her. It was a blasting sensation and it was a wonder how she kept standing. "Leave him be," she hissed, looking up at Silas with pure black fury in her eyes.

Silas inhaled sharply as he took a step back unconsciously, seeing the majestic creature before him. Her eyes were the whirlpool of chocolate, dark chocolate and her hair were blowing lightly as if there was a wind blowing in the underground cave.

Silas chuckled coldly, "You're not strong enough, angel," he hissed at her and suddenly his surrounding started to transform. The dirt brown cave started to get darker and darker till he couldn't see anything and then very slowly he started to make out the dark trees and forest around him.

He looked with panicked eyes around him. The place was familiar to him which was painful but instead of light he used to see in his memory, he saw the dark shadows. He spotted her then, she was standing there. Her wings were arched above her head, white, soft feathers covered every inch and they bathed in the white, golden gleam. They looked light and floating like clouds behind her. At the same time, they looked intimidating and huge.

"You stay away from him," she hissed at him using the same low and cold voice and he laughed. "Think pretty angel, of what you're doing? I'm way too strong for your little games," he said looking around the forest, "And I pity you," he spat the words at her.

He took a step forward, "Think of your Damon," he sounded disgusted, "It was the same with my Ariel, my angel. How hard it could be for you to understand? I just want her and nothing else," he said softly now, whispering the words to her.

"The veil brings back everyone," she stated, still coldly.

"Yes, I'm willing to do it if I can get her back and I will," he said.

"I wouldn't let you," she was determined.

"Then, you'll perish like the rest, starting with him because you can't stop a force like me. I'm way too smart and powerful for you."

"Watch. Me," she said through her teeth.

"So much confidence but you don't get an enigma like me. You'll lose, angel. Mark my words, one way or another. You'll lose."

"I'll take you down with me," she stated, squaring her shoulders and he laughed again.

"You'll be a fun one," he said, "Too bad I'm not much into it. I'll enjoy it though until I get a cure," he stepped towards her, "Where's the cure, angel?"

Mia glared at him and tried to do whatever she did with Klaus, to choke him to death, to make him beg for mercy but he just stared at her and understanding dawned upon him as he gave her a lazy smile, "Trying hard enough?" he mocked and concentration took over his face.

Mia gulped a huge amount of air and he raised his eye brows at her with a satisfied smirk. Instead of trying to choke him to death, Mia pushed him out of her mind and started to breath normally again. "Not bad, angel," he commended.

"Stop saying that," she hissed, her hands clenched into fists.

"You're not strong enough. Have so much to learn but we'll be meeting soon," he said and Mia collapsed on the ground. "I have to tend to important issue now," he said when the scenery dissolved around him and he was back in the cave again. He knew she was drained of her energy. "Till next time," Mia could hear the amusement in his voice.

Then, just like that he had vanished. Mia drew in shaky breath as she focused on everything. She didn't know what the forest, she had created almost unconsciously meant but she had seen the panicked look in his eyes, the sadness that resided there. "Mia? You ok? What the hell did he do?" Damon asked concerned. He didn't know what to think anymore.

"Damon," she whispered as she lunged towards him and all was fine again. She was home and she was safe. "Wow," Damon breathed into her hair, running his hands on the white wings, "I would've never believed it if I didn't see it for myself," he pulled back to touch her cheek.

“I was so…it was sick for a moment there,” he whispered, his eyes went to the place Silas was standing at. Mia regarded him for a second, “I know but,” she licked her lips, “God, Damon. It was terrible,” her voice was on the edge of breaking, “b-but it’s fine. You’re fine and I’m fine,” she was chanting to herself.

"You're beautiful," he said, his blue eyes boring into hers, taking her by surprise. He wanted to make her feel better, to stop thinking of whatever monster she just witnessed. Mia stopped babbling as soon as the words left his mouth and stared at him, his deep, understanding eyes scrutinizing her.

His gaze flickered to her lips as he slowly leaned forward to complete the connection, letting the pain, love and desperation pour into it. Damon’s hand cupped her neck, his thumb lightly grazing her cheek while his other rested on her waist pulling her closer. Mia’s hand explored his back while other remain fisted his in his hair, feeling the softness.

It was one of those moments when the world melted away and she could breathe easily, freely. There was no suffocation, no pain, no memories. It was just her and him and it was perfect. It was these little moments with him which made everything worthwhile.

They were both breathless when they pulled away. Mia ran her fingers on his cheekbone, trailing it down to his chin. “I’m sorry,” she whispered.
“Hush,” he hushed her by putting his finger on her lips, “It’s ok. You’re ok.”

"Bonnie," Damon turned his face to her when she whimpered and nodded at Mia as she turned her attention to her. Bonnie was sitting there, hugging her legs to her chest, tears swimming in her eyes.

Mia sighed deeply, "Let's take her home," he said, “You’ve got work to do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Is the chapter too long? Let me know. Also, what you think of this one? Who do you think it could be that's trying to contact Mia? Could it be Qetsiyah or is it someone else? Your comments mean a lot to me and they keep me going on. So, please give me the feedback and I'll give you better story. I love you all. <3